Status: Hiatus.

You Take My Breath Away

First Day.

Kim looked herself in the mirror one last time as she got ready for school. She sighed and ran her fingers through her hair, making sure it looked okay before she grabbed her bag and slung it over her shoulder. She grabbed her cell phone and slipped it into her pocket, walking out of her room while closing the door behind her.

Not wanting any breakfast, she walked past the kitchen and living room, walking out the door of the two bedroom apartment she lived in with her mom as she hummed along to her iPod. It wasn’t big and flashy, but it was something.

Her mom couldn’t really afford a house on her salary since she was a single mom and she worked at a bar as a cook. Kim sometimes felt bad and she was going to go look for a job after school that way she could help her mom out. She sometimes felt like it was all her fault that they couldn’t afford to really live like they wanted to.

She walked up the stairs and out of the apartment building, heading towards the parking lot. She walked over to her black avalanche and got in, grinning. She never really liked small cars so when she learned how to drive her dad had bought her a truck and she loved it to death.

Kim put her bag on the passenger side seat and put her cell phone and iPod on the center console, unhooking her keys from her belt loop. She stuck the key in the ignition, turning the key as the truck roared to life. She grinned and put the truck in reverse, checking her review mirrors for any cars before she backed out of her parking spot.

She was really nervous for the new school year. She always tended to be the loner and outcast of the kids, people only talking to her when they needed something. She didn’t know why but she’s always been like that and she was really sick of it. She actually wanted to make friends for once.

Kim groaned as she stopped at another red light, licking over her lips. She glanced out her window and saw a car pull up next to her and raised an eyebrow, shaking her head as she laughed softly. The driver looked to be really into the music that was playing on the radio as he sung along and the passenger looked annoyed and ready to smack him.

Sighing, she started driving again when the light turned green, taking a right turn into the school’s parking lot once she got there. She drove around until she found a parking spot kind of close to the entrance and found out that it was next to the car that she saw at the stop light.

Kim shook her head and slipped her iPod into the front pocket of her bag and put her cell phone in her pocket, cutting the engine. She grabbed her back and slipped out of the truck, slamming the door shut. She clicked the alarm button on her key pad and hooked the keys to her belt loop before she started walking into the school.

Already knowing that she had homeroom with Mr. Wilson in room S209, she started looking for that class. She was finally a junior and she couldn’t be any more ecstatic. She had just one more year left of high school and then she could go to college and be done with all of the immature people that she’s dealt with over the past two years.

She bumped into someone as she finally found the classroom, falling on her ass. Her eyes widened and she looked at the person with wide, shocked eyes. “Oh my god! I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to bump into you!” she exclaimed, standing up and holding her hand out to help the person up. “I should’ve been paying attention to where I was going.”

The girl laughed as she grabbed Kim’s hand, hopping up. Kim raised an eyebrow as she had to kind of look down at her small 5’3 frame while Kim was about 5’9. “Don’t worry about it. It was probably my fault because I bump into people all the time. I’m Tori, by the way,” she said, shaking Kim’s hand since she never let it go when she helped her up.

Kim laughed and smiled down at the girl, automatically taking a liking to her. She could tell that if they started talking more and actually hung out that they could become great friends. “It’s nice to meet you, Tori. I’m Kim,” she told her with a smile. “Where are you heading?” she asked curiously. She hoped she didn’t sound like a creeper because she really wasn’t trying to, she just wanted to see if the girl was in the same homeroom as her.

“I’m actually heading off to hang with my friends before we have to be in homeroom in twenty minutes,” Tori told her with a smile. “Would you like you come? I’m sure the guys and girls wouldn’t mind someone new tagging along,” she laughed.

Kim raised an eyebrow and nodded with a small smile, instantly nervous. She wanted these people to like her and she wasn’t someone people really liked because they usually said she was boring or something along those lines. She just had to make herself seem more interesting. “Alright. That sounds like fun,” she said with a smile while following Tori out of the front of the building and to a little area in the school yard where two guys were playing around and two other guys were sitting down in the grass. One had a girl in his lap and there was another girl sitting by herself next to a big, buff looking guy with a buzz cut, watching the wrestling guys.

Kim gulped nervously as she walked up behind Tori, nervous as shit. She was really hoping these guys and girls liked her. “Guys, I have someone I’d like you to meet…” Tori said, trailing off as she stepped to the side so the guys could see Kim.

Kim smiled and waved slightly, grinning a bit. “Hi,” she said softly. Her eyes widened when a guy in an orange kimono with crazy blondish brown hair jumped up from wrestling with another guy that had kind of short hair and looked to be about 5’10. The guy in the orange kimono looked to be about 6’4 and Kim, for once, had to look up to see him. “Hi, I’m Jimmy!” he exclaimed with a grin, holding his hand out for her to shake.

Smiling, Kim put her hand in his and shook it gently. “I’m Kim but I guess you already knew that thanks to Tori,” she said, glaring at Tori playfully.

She watched as Tori giggled and walked over to the guy with the buzz cut, sitting in his lap. She guessed they were a couple and they seemed to be cute together. She then looked over at the last remaining boy and girl and smiled slightly. They were probably a couple as well. The boy was slightly chubby and he had hair that was kind of long and he had snakebites and his septum pierced. He had a girl in his lap that had brown hair and was wearing a pair of jeans and a tank top. She looked over at Tori and the other girl and noticed that they were wearing something similar.

“So, uh, what are the rest of your names?” she asked cautiously. She wasn’t sure if they really wanted to tell her because they might think she was intruding or something and she hoped they didn’t think that. She wasn’t trying to at all.

“I’m Matt,” the guy with the buzz cut introduced himself.

“I’m Zacky,” the guy with the snakebites and septum piercing said. He seemed to be sort of hesitant in telling her and so did Matt. She wondered what was up with that.

“I’m Gabrielle,” the girl on Zacky’s lap said softly. She was guessing the girl was soft spoken but she couldn’t be too sure. Some people were like that until you got to know them. “I’m Zacky’s girlfriend,” she added and Kim nodded to let her know that she acknowledged her.

“I’m Brian,” the guy that was wrestling with Jimmy said, smirking at her. He seemed to be quite the charmer by the way he was smirking at her and it made Kim a bit uncomfortable.

“I’m Maddy,” said the girl sitting in the grass by herself. “I’m Brian’s girlfriend,” she added.

Kim nodded as she looked around at everyone. It seemed as if everyone had a significant other besides Jimmy. She wondered what was up with that.

When introductions were all said and done, Tori invited Kim to come sit in front of her and Matt and started talking to her in excited bursts of conversation, asking her all types of questions to try and get to know her and what not.

Kim had a feeling that she was going to get along with these people. She finally felt like she had a place where belonged and she had people who she could get to know and be friends with.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this is my first chapter. I really hope you guys like it. I've never really written a story before so please, give me a chance. Comment and criticism is welcome. I would really like to know how I can make my story better and how I can do things differently. Also, comment and let me know if the story is worth keeping. :)

Thanks!

~Kim