Status: Hiatus.

You Take My Breath Away

Falling Apart

It was around the time for Jimmy's birthday and Kim was out shopping for Jimmy's gift. She was really having trouble on what to get him. So far she had already gotten him the new Metallica CD that came out and a couple band tees. But she also wanted to get him something extra special.

She was walking around when she saw a place that engraves stuff into necklaces and such and she spotted dog tags hanging on the shelf. She thought about it for a moment when a grin crossed her lips and she grabbed one of the dog tags, walking over to the guy.
"How much would it be for you to engrave K plus J equals foREVer into this?" Kim asked the guy sitting at the cash register.

The guy looked down at the dog tag and up at her, raising an eyebrow. "Twenty bucks for the dog tag, and then an extra seven for the engraving," he told her.

Kim couldn't help the grin that crossed her features. "I'll take it," she told him, nodding her head. She really couldn't wait to give Jimmy his birthday present now.

They've been together for almost six months and it's been the most amazing six months of her life. She was so glad she could spend these last six months with Jimmy, too. She just hoped that he felt the same because he's been acting really strange lately.

She thanked the man after he handed her the dog tag in a bag and walked out of the store, heading toward the exit of the mall. She was ready to get the hell out of there and get home so she could wrap Jimmy's birthday presents then go spend some time with him.

Kim got out to her truck and put the bags in the backseat before getting in and starting it, reversing out of the parking space. She started her way home, psyched to spend some quality time with Jimmy tonight since they haven't really spent any time together the past two weeks. He's always been saying he was busy or that he had other things to do and it confused Kim to no end. He was always trying to find ways out of spending time with her. It really hurt.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Later that night, Kim had finished wrapping Jimmy's presents and was about to call him when her own phone started ringing. She jumped a bit and raised an eyebrow, answering it when she noticed it was Jimmy. "Hello?" she said.

"Hey, babygirl," Jimmy answered, a slight hesitance in his voice. It sounded as if it was killing him to be that nice to her and that he didn't want to talk to her. Kim just didn't understand.

"Hey, baby... We're still on for tonight, aren't we?" she asked softly, biting down on her bottom lip.

"Listen, about that... There's been a change of plans. I don't think I can make it tonight. Something's come up and I gotta be there or else.. Well, yeah," he said, sighing.

Kim frowned, biting down on her bottom lip as tears formed in her eyes. She didn't want to seem like a clingy girlfriend so she always told him she understood and that she'd seem him at school. "Oh, alright. Well, I'll see you tomorrow at school then. I love you," she whispered.

"Yeah, you too," he mumbled before hanging up, not even bothering to say 'I love you,' back.
Kim layed back on her bed, pulling one of her pillows over her face and screaming into it. She felt like complete shit and she just wanted to cuss someone out. She wanted to know what was up with Jimmy. And she was going to find out.

She sat up and grabbed her phone, dialing Brian's number. She kind of felt bad for Brian because him and Maddy had broken up recently and Kim's helped him through it as much as she could but that boy was just a wreck. But she knew he'd help her.

"Hello?" Brian answered, sounding like he was sleeping. Kim felt kind of bad but at the same time, she didn't. She had to find out what was going on with Jimmy
.
"Hey, sorry. Were you sleeping?" she asked, biting down on her bottom lip. She might as well be plesent before she got into the hardcore stuff.

"Yeah, but it's no problem. What is it, Kim? You sound sort of on edge...?" Brian asked, sitting up in his bed and running his hand through his hair.

"Well you know how I told you about how Jimmy's been acting weird lately and how he's never been wanting to spend time with me?" she asked him, nibbling on her bottom lip nervously.

"Yeah..." Brian said, trailing off.

"Well, I have a plan..." Kim said, trailing off.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm soooo sorry for the lack of updates. I've had major writers block but then I suddenly thought... Why not a time skip? xD
I hope you all liked this chapter. I tried my best on it and I know it's short but like I said, writers block. I'll be more into it once I get into the groove.
And for all you silent readers, I'd enjoy some comments. :) That's what really inspires me to write and what keeps me updating. But when I barely have comments, it makes me not want to update.
Anywhoo...

In Memory of Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan. You are foREVer in our hearts and you will greatly be missed. <3 February 9th, 1981 - December 28th, 2009.

~Kim