Status: Hiatus.

You Take My Breath Away

Beach Day

Kim jumped as someone cleared their through from beside them and Jimmy stepped away from her quickly. She turned her head and glared at the intruder, slightly pissed. It was the little shit bassist, Johnny. He always knew how to annoy people but he had a good heart and Kim didn’t mind him too much, until right now. She was slightly pissed he ruined their moment.

“Hey, Jimmy. Hey, Kim. What are you guys doing?” Johnny asked them, smiling innocently. Kim could tell he wanted to comment on what was about to happen but he was holding back. Smart choice, shorty.

“Oh, nothing. Just eating ice cream…” Jimmy said, trailing off with a tight smile as he noticed his ice cream had melted. He threw his in the trash can that was close by, Kim following his actions.

Kim could tell that Jimmy wasn’t too pleased with Johnny’s interruptions either and he probably wanted to beat the shit out of him. She sighed as she checked her phone and noticed it was 3:45. “Jimmy, we’ve gotta go. I can drive you two to band practice but I really got to get to work,” she told them, biting down on her bottom lip.

Once Jimmy and Johnny agreed and they walked to her truck, getting in, Kim drove them back to Matt’s and blushed as Jimmy kissed her cheek before hopping out of the truck. “Bye, Kim!” he called to her.

Kim grinned, still blushing like mad as she pulled off. “Bye, Jimmy!” she shouted back as she drove towards work. She couldn’t believe he had made her blush like that. She knew she was really starting to like him and it gave her the butterflies to even think about him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The next day, Kim got up and hopped in the shower, doing the usual before she got out, wrapping a towel around her body. She brushed her teeth before walking into her room after, pulling out a thong and bra along with a pair of jeans and a graphic tee. She pulled on the bra and thong first before pulling on her jeans and tee. She blow dried her hair and brushed through it, straightening it and parting her hair so her bangs were off to the side. She only put on a little bit of eyeliner, mascara, and lip gloss, not bothering with too much make up. She really wasn’t one for make up so she didn’t really put too much on.

After all was said and done she walked out of her room and into the kitchen, grabbing a cereal bar. She opened it and took a bite out of it when there was a knock on the door. She grinned, knowing it was Tori so they could have a girls day. She skipped up to the door and opened it, letting her in. “Hey!” she said around a mouthful of her cereal bar.

Tori laughed and shook her head at her and Kim just smiled at her, taking another bite of her cereal bar. She swallowed and finished over the rest, sighing and patting her tummy. “You are crazy, Kim. But are you ready for our girls day? Wait, why the fuck aren’t you in your bathing suit!? Didn’t I tell you we were going to the beach?”

Kim slapped her forehead and groaned. She had totally forgot that that’s what they were going to do today. “Fuck, I forgot. Hold on,” she said, holding up a finger. She ran back into her room and slipped out of her clothes quickly, pulling out her black bikini with little white skulls all over it. She pulled it on and pulled out a pair of shorts and a tank top, slipping them on. She grabbed her sunglasses and slipped them on top of her head, rolling her eyes. She seriously did her hair for nothing.

She grabbed her beach bag and put her beach towel in it along with her iPod, and whatever else she’d need. She put her phone in her back pocket, walking out and smiling at Tori. “There, I’m ready. Now let’s go!” she said, walking out the door with her. She didn’t bother locking the door since her mom was home.

They got in her truck and Tori automatically started messing with the radio after Kim turned it on, making Kim laugh. “The rest of the girls are going to meet us there and the guys might show up. Knowing them, they probably will,” Tori told Kim with a grin as she turned on some random song.

Kim laughed and shook her head and she started driving to the beach, nodding along with the music. She was nervous as hell. If Jimmy showed up, which he probably would, then would things be awkward between them? She really hoped not. She didn’t want anything to be awkward between them.

She pulled up at the beach and parked the truck, hopping out and grabbing her back. She locked the doors and followed Tori to where the rest of the girls were with their towels already laid out. Kim grinned as they all greeted her and she waved back, laying her towel out next to Tori’s and sitting next to her.

All of the sudden all the girls were looking at her and Kim furrowed her eyebrows, looking at them in confusion. “What?” she asked slowly, scared.

“Don’t play innocent. What happened with you and Jimmy yesterday? You guys just ditched all of us and went off on your own and then you dropped him and Johnny off and Jimmy couldn’t stop smiling. That boy was fucking miserable before he left with you because of Leslie. So what happened?” Gabrielle asked, smirking at her.

Kim sighed softly as she slipped her sunglasses down over her eyes. She looked at each of the girls, knowing there was no way out of this. She had to tell them or else she was going to get it. She started to explain to them everything from going to get ice cream to Johnny interrupting them before they kissed. “But I think I’m just a rebound girl, y’know? I mean, he did just break up with Leslie,” she said, sighing softly.

Maddy gave her a sympathetic smile and shook her head. “I know that’s what it seems like but Jimmy would never do something like that. He didn’t really like Leslie, or well, that’s what we all think, anyway. But we could be wrong. But just wait. If he asks you out, explain to him how you feel and tell him you want to wait a little while before you decide to go out with him,” she said with a small smile.

Kim nodded, knowing exactly what she meant. She was going to take Maddy’s advice if Jimmy did ask her out. She didn’t want to feel like his rebound girl and she knew she felt some chemistry between her and Jimmy but if she rushed into something with him when he just got out of a relationship, it could fuck things up royally.

She looked out at the water and leaned back on her hands, watching the waves and the children play in the water. It was such a nice day out and she hasn’t been to the beach in so long. She really missed it. She couldn’t go to the beach like this back at home because of winter and everything so she had to wait until summer to go. Here, you could go all year round.

Kim blinked as everything got darker beneath her sunglasses and she finally realized a pair of legs were in front of her. She ran her eyes from the legs, up a clothed chest, up to the persons face and found Jimmy standing in front of her, grinning like a madman. She reached up and slipped her sunglasses on top of her head, smiling at him. “Hi, Jimmy.”

“Hey, Kimmy!” he exclaimed, plopping down in the sand next to her while wrapping an arm around her shoulder. “Fancy seeing you here,” he said, smirking over at her.

Kim giggled and shook her head, rolling her eyes. “You knew I was going to be here, Jimmy, so don’t try and play it off like you didn’t,” she said with an amused smile on her face.

Jimmy pouted and put his hand on his chest, pretending to be hurt. He was so dramatic at times that it was funny. “I’m hurt, Kim! You say it like it’s a bad thing!”

Kim raised an eyebrow and shook her head. “It’s not a bad thing that you’re trying to play it off. I think it’s cute, though,” she stated with a smile. She couldn’t believe she just said that but she wouldn’t take it back. A little flirting wasn’t a crime.

Jimmy smirked down at her and kissed her cheek. “Not as cute as you,” he said like a cheese ball, grinning.

Kim couldn’t help but laugh at that. “You are so cheesy, Jimmy! I cant believe you just said that!” she exclaimed, pushing him playfully.

Jimmy shrugged. “What can I say? I guess I’m cheesy,” he grinned, suddenly standing up. “Come in the water with me!” he exclaimed.

“But it’s cold!” Kim whined, pouting up at him. She was only joking around with him so she took her sunglasses off her head and stood up, taking her shorts and tank top off.

She looked at Jimmy and saw him staring at her with his mouth kind of hanging open. She giggled, thinking he looked completely adorable like that. Then it was her turn to ogle him when he took off his shirt and threw it down. He looked absolutely incredible without a shirt. He didn’t have a six pack or whatever but his upper body was long and he had a really nice chest, all in all. He had some hair on his chest and then he had a happy trail leading down to places she could only dream of seeing. She really wouldn’t mind seeing him without his shirt on more often.

Kim blinked and looked away when she saw Jimmy’s smirk, blushing a deep shade of red. “Aw, don’t be embarrassed!” she heard him coo. “It’s okay to stare! I was staring at you!” he said with a chuckle. That only caused Kim to blush more as he grabbed her hand and started pulling her off towards the water.

Jimmy pulled her quickly in waist deep and she gasped loudly from the shock of the cold water. She started shivering, looking up at Jimmy with wide eyes. “I-It’s so f-freezing!” she stuttered out.

Jimmy just chuckled like the maniac he was, grinning goofily at her. “Want me to keep you warm?” he cooed, walking over to her. He wrapped his arms around her and Kim sighed in content from the warmth. She wrapped her arms around his waist and looked up at him.

Jimmy grinned down at her and started leaning forward making Kim bit down on her bottom lip. She had to decide quickly if she was going to let him kiss her or not. He just got out of a relationship with his skanky girlfriend and she could just be his rebound. She sighed and turned her head at the last minute, causing him to plant a kiss on her cheek. She really didn’t want to do that, but she had to. And she could tell Jimmy was a bit hurt by the look on his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, I'm really not getting any comments but I wrote this up and thought I'd post it since I have nothing better to do.
I hope you all like it.
Comment, rate, subscribe. :)
Oh, and I'm looking for someone who will proof read my work and help me out with some things like idea's and what not. If there's anyone that'll help me with that, I'd really appreciate it if you could PM me. Thanks. :)
~Kim