‹ Prequel: New Moon's Love
Status: Complete!!!!

Total Eclipse Of The Heart

Chapter 10

It took us a day of straight driving to get to Seattle.

We pulled into the Renaissance Seattle Hotel. Jeremy went in and checked us in. It was an expensive hotel for the three days we were staying here.
If I thought the Hotel was expensive, the room was worse. We were in a two bedroom suite with a jacuzzi tub, mini bar, and living room.

I went into the room I was staying in and flopped down on the bed. I immediately sunk into the mattress. I sighed as I stared up at the ceiling. It felt nice to be away from the boys.

“Maddie?” I heard Jeremy call.

“Yeah?” I called back sitting up on the bed.

“Your mom and I are going out for dinner. You can order room service or whatever.”

“Alright. Have fun you two.” I said leaning against the doorway.

“Thank you for coming sweetheart.” My mom kissed my forehead. “Be careful.”

Suddenly those two words seemed to be worn out. I've been told to be careful for the past couple weeks. I was starting to get tired of being told that.

I waved to my parents as they left. I grabbed the room service menu off of the counter of the mini bar and started flipping through the pages. I saw something move out of the corner of my eye. I looked but nothing was there. I shook my head. I was imagining things.

Suddenly something grabbed me from behind and I felt a hold hand cover my mouth.

I tried to scream but it came out muffled.

“Shh. I'm not going to hurt you. Not yet.” I recognized that voice. “Now are you going to be quiet. Promise me you wont scream when I take my hand off?” I nodded and he lowered his hand.

I was spun around and my eyes met two blood red ones.

“Riley.” I breathed out. He grinned.

“So you know me.” Suddenly it became hard to breathe. “Do you know why I chose you?” I shook my head. “Because before I was changed, I had a girlfriend. I loved her and she loved me back. You remind me so much of her. Your free spirit. Your need to be outside. I left her behind when I was changed. Now I long for her. I hear her calling for me every day, wanting me to come back to her. But I couldn't. She died a year ago. A car crash. I could've saved her. So now, with your help, she will be brought back to life.” Riley began to move closer to me. I moved back, until I hit the counter of the mini bar. Riley moved towards me until our noses were almost touching. I could feel his cold breath on my face. “You're going to be my Elizabeth. My Lizzy.” His face moved towards my neck.

I felt him reach into the pocket of his jacket and pull something out. He turned me around so that I was staring into the mirror above the counter.

He pulled my hair back and put a necklace around my neck.

The necklace was beautiful. It was a silver crescent moon with a ruby filling in the rest of the circle. It was attached with a silver chain.

“This was what I was going to give her when I got to her house the night I was changed.” He gently kissed my neck before closing the clamp. The last thing I saw was a bright light coming from the necklace before I dissolved into darkness.

RILEY POV

I watched as the bright light began to shine from the necklace. It was working. Suddenly Maddie's eyes rolled back into her head and she began to fall backwards into my chest. I caught her and picked her up bridal style.

I sped over to the window before climbing out of it and on to he deck. I jumped over the side, landing on both feet like a cat. I shifted Elizabeth in my arms before taking off towards the docks.

()()()()()()()()()

I layed Elizabeth down in the bed I had set up. I pulled the covers over her milky skin. Maddie's looks had changed. She still had the same face, but her eyes would turn a sharp green, her nose had a sharp point to the end of it, her skin turned from the deep Native American tan to a milky white. Her hair had grown longer and wavier. She had grown womanly curves that I longed to run my hands along, but I had to control myself until she woke up.

I stayed sitting by her side for a few hours until she began to stir. Her eyes fluttered open and she gasped.

“Riley?” She asked. Her voice silky smooth.

“Yes Angel. Its me.”

She ran her fingers over my cheek. I grabbed her fingers and brought them to my lips. She smiled at me showing her perfect teeth. She sat up and wrapped her arms around me.

“I missed you so much.” She whispered into my chest.

I pulled away and cupped her chin. “I will never leave you again.” I leaned forward and captured her lips with mine.

ELIZABETH POV

I was standing in darkness. It was damp, cold and I could hear water dripping somewhere behind me. Suddenly there was a bright dot ahead of me.

“Go towards the light.” A voice whispered in my head.

“Why?” I said out loud.

“It will take you away. Away from all the pain of heartbreak. It will take you to where you need to be.”

I began walking towards the dot. It seemed like hours but suddenly the dot became larger.

“Elizabeth?” I heard a voice. “Elizabeth, love, wake up. Please wake up.” I recognized the voice. It was my dad. He was standing in front of the white dot.

“Dad?” I ran towards the light.

When I got there, it was empty.

“Hello?” I called through the hole.

“Come back Elizabeth.” I heard in my head. I closed my eyes and pictured myself in Riley's arms.

White light began to surround me and I felt like I was floating.

I opened my eyes and gasped.

“Riley?”

“Yes Angel. Its me.”

I reached up and touched his cheek to make sure he's really here in front of me. He grabbed my fingers and gently kissed them. I smiled up at him before sitting up and wrapping my arms around him. I buried my face into his chest.

“I missed you so much.” I whispered into his chest.

He pulled away from me and cupped my chin. “I will never leave you again.” He looked into my eyes before capturing my lips with his.

I ran my fingers through his hair as he wrapped his arms around my waist. He ran his fingers up my spine, making me gasp. His lips moved from my lips to my jaw, then to my neck. He began to suck on the spot below my ear that made me melt.

“Riley?”

“Hmmm?” He asked into my neck.

“I love you.”

“I love you too, Lizzy.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I got the idea of the necklace from watching Secrets In The Walls on Lifetime. You can hate, love I don't care. Everything will come into place in later chapters.