‹ Prequel: New Moon's Love
Status: Complete!!!!

Total Eclipse Of The Heart

The End!

The phone rang downstairs and I attempted to sit up. Despite the pain, I managed to get myself into a sitting position. I took a couple deep breaths before standing on shaky legs.

“Alright. Thank you Sam.” I heard Emily say.

I made my way slowly down the stairs and found Emily in the kitchen, leaning against the kitchen counter with her head in her hands. She looked up when she heard me.

“Maddie, they’re back, but there were some complications…”

“Complications?”

“There’s no easy way to say this, but Jacob was hurt. He broke all of the bones on the left side of his body.” That explained the pins and needles on the right side of my body. “The pack brought him back to Billy’s and Carlisle’s there trying to help him as best as he can. Sam it would be best if you stayed here until everyone cleared out. Jacob wants to talk to you, but he said it would be best if you waited until you two could be alone.” I felt tears prickling behind my eyes.

Emily wrapped her arms around me and pulled me into a comforting embrace. I felt a couple of stray tears fall, but I quickly wiped them away.

I spent two hours waiting for someone to call back and say I could go see Jacob. I was anxious and excited all at the same time. I almost had a heart attack when the phone rang.

Emily drove me over to Billy’s and dropped me off there. Sam was waiting for me outside.

“He’s in his room.” Sam told me when I got out of the car. He nodded to Emily, telling her something I didn’t know.

I entered the house slowly, making my way cautiously towards Jacob’s bedroom. I opened the door and saw him laying in his bed, his body partially covered in gauze. I kneeled down by his head. He opened his eyes and took a couple deep breaths.

“I was worried about you.” His voice was weak, almost as if it pained him to speak. Hell, it probably did.

“You were worried about me?”

“Yeah.”

“Look, Jake, I’m so sorry about what I said. I was angry and PMSing and I was worried about you and Paul and-“ I was cut off when he pressed a finger on his left hand against my lips.

“Shh. It’s okay. I’m fine minus the injuries and I forgave you the moment I realized you’re the only one that I could love. When I was arguing with Bella on the mountain, I kept seeing you arguing back at me instead of her. And when I kissed her, it didn’t feel right. I knew that you were better for me and that you needed me. I wanted so badly to come back here and just hold you, but I knew I was needed at the fight. Even when I was ripping vampires to pieces, you were the first thing on my mind. I love you Madeline Walker. I always have and I always will.” I felt a couple tears escape my eyes. Jake’s calloused thumb gently wiped them away. “Bella made her choice and I made mine. And I know I will never regret it.”

I leaned down and pressed my lips gently to Jake’s. It felt so right. So normal. I knew that I would never regret this moment. Not in a lifetime. I was finally happy and I was loving every moment of it.