‹ Prequel: New Moon's Love
Status: Complete!!!!

Total Eclipse Of The Heart

Chapter 2

I woke up to shouting. I was laying in my bed at Sam and Emily's house. I exited my room and made my way to the top of the stairs. I sat on the top step and rested my arms on my knees, and my head on my arms.

“I'm tired of seeing her all depressed whenever you leave to be with your leach-loving friend. Can't you see your hurting her Jacob?!” I heard Paul yell. “Plus our mom's coming in a few days and if you can't show her she's your true love, then she's going back to New York with our mom.”

My breath caught in my throat. Could he really send me back after everything that happened? I heard someone coming towards the stairs. It was Jake. I could feel my eyes water with every step he took until a tear slipped out of my eye. Jake picked me up like a toddler and carried me back to my room. He sat us down on the bed and rested his chin on my head. We stayed that way for what seemed like forever.

“I won't let him send you back. I can't. What I said was wrong and I feel horrible about it. Its tearing me up on the inside and the fact that you heard it is tearing my heart to pieces. But what you need to understand is that there is something going on. There's a vampire that's out to get Bella. And I need to help protect everyone. I'm the only one out of the pack that she can trust completely so I will have to spend more time with her, but I will spend time with you too. I promise.” He took in a deep breath. “I'm sorry Maddie. I made a promise and I broke it. I will never ever do that again.” He looked at me. “Is that alright?” I nodded and he kissed my nose.