‹ Prequel: New Moon's Love
Status: Complete!!!!

Total Eclipse Of The Heart

Chapter 9

“I don't think you should go to Seattle.” Jacob said. I was sitting at the kitchen table.

Jared had told him about my dream. He says Riley is in Seattle and it could be dangerous if I go with my mom.

“It still won't change anything.” I said standing up. “I'd rather go to Seattle and risk running into Riley than stay here and have my heart broken over and over.” I could feel my heart exploding into a million pieces as I stared into Jacob's hurt eyes.

Thankfully my mom walked in the door. She was a pretty woman for a 41 year old drinker and smoker. She had long black hair and Native American tan skin. Her light brown eyes had grown darker with age.

She looked like she was going to cry when she looked at me. She pulled me into a hug and I felt her tears on my neck. I started to cry because of all the hurt I had been through. My tears leaked out on to her shirt.

We stood that way for almost 5 minutes. I pulled away and wiped my eyes. She did the same. I walked over to Jeremy and gave him a quick hug.

Jeremy was tall. About the same height as the pack. He had tan skin, dark hair and bright blue eyes. Sure his smile said he was kind, but him and Paul usually always fight when they're around each other.

Oh I hope these two days go smoothly.

()()()()()()()()()

I was upstairs packing. I could hear laughing downstairs.

“You know I think Jake's right. I don't think you should go to Seattle.” I heard Leah behind me.

“You're not going to change my mind. I'm going to Seattle no matter what.”

“Its dangerous there. What about Riley?”

“I'd rather die than see Jake with Bella again. I'm going to Seattle.”

Leah hugged me. “I'll miss you strawberry shortcake.”

“I'll miss you too.”

I walked down the stairs with Leah following. She was lugging my duffel bag.

“By shorty.” I hugged Quil.

“Bye Quil.”

I hugged everyone, saving Emily for last. She looked at me with tears in her eyes. “You'll be missed here.” She said pulling me into a hug.

“I'll miss it here.” I whispered to her, even though the boys could hear me.

I gave Jake a quick stare, trying to avoid the pain in his eyes.

Paul took my bag and we headed out to the car. He put the bag in the trunk and hugged mom.

“By son. We'll come back soon.”

Paul hugged me, wrapping me into his warm embrace one last time. “Bye Maddie. Be careful.” He opened the car door and I climbed in.

I waved at the pack as we pulled out of the drive way, leaving La Push for good.

I stared out the back window as the Welcome to La Push sign got smaller and smaller until it disappeared.