Status: Work in Progress

Wishes

Falling Apart

There are times when you need to think if you've made the right friends. Now, I know that I have the most amazing friends in the world. NOW I know that. Before... I thought I did. But I was wrong.

Words can be twisted, drastically. It is truly insane how fast rumors can spread. So fast that it scares me, still, to this day. Even though everything happened over a year ago.

She was my best friend. Let's call her... Kay. I'm not going to put her real name up here. That makes it feel too real. Anyway, Kay and I were joined at the hip. Best friends. Hung out every single Friday. Walked to Seven Eleven together, bought candy, had sleepovers, everything. She was like my sister, born to different parents. One little rumor, that wasn't even true, caused all of that to change. It could never be fixed, no matter how much we both wanted it to be. And believe me, I wish it was fixed. She was an amazing friend.. Before all of this sh-- stuff happened.

I wish I never said those words. All I said was "I never really see her parents." When I was with Kay, we were usually alone. I never got to see her parents, really. That's all I said. Her parents were nice, I wasn't saying anything bad about them.

Those words eventually found Kay, but in a different form. What Kay heard from somebody else was a lie. Kay heard that I said, "Kay's parents don't love her. They don't give her the love and attenton she needs."

That was completely and utterly untrue. I would never, EVER say that. At all. Of course not.

But those were the words Kay heard and believed. I wish they weren't, for because of those words we aren't friends anymore, merely acquaintances. Sadly.

See, last time I wrote, I spoke about how I met Nick.

Nick was my first ever love, starting from that age. He and Alex came to be the best of friends, always together. They reminded me of Kay and myself. I always bugged Alex, asking to play with him and Nick when Nick was over. He usually was annoyed with it, but Nick wasn't. That's why my hope grew, and eventually blossomed into love, like a flower. I knew that he loved me, too. But not in that way. He loved me as a sister, I heard the words come from his lips. Even though it killed me inside, I forced a smile and kept back the tears. I loved him, and I just couldn't ruin my friendship with him for my love. I just couldn't do that, he was too important.

Someone else did that for me. More specifically, Kay.

After Kay heard this false rumor, she was so mad... She knew, about my love for Nick. She decided she wanted to get even.

Kay has a facebook. So does Nick. So, she added him. She decided to send him a message. Here's how it went.

Kay to Nick: Hey. You know Olivia? Yeah, she's totally in love with you. I'm dead serious. She was my best friend. I would know.

Nick to Kay: oh shit.

Just break my heart a little more.