Status: no idea where this is going

If I Could Take Your Heart

The Meeting

I wandered through life as a fly on the wall. I have no friends, since I am not important enough. My name is Melissa. I was the innocent girl that was always too trusting, and now I am just a hint of what I used to be. My father died in car accident, but I barely remember him. What I do remember is my mother marrying Lorenzo Aban. I thought he was my father and would always protect me. One night though Lorenzo came home very drunk and he hit my mother. He made me watch as he smacked her near death. I cowered in the corner as most 6 year olds would, but the worst thing about the night is that my mom pretends it never happened and that Lorenzo is perfect. Now as I near the age of 17 I have my stash of money tucked under the floorboards and have seen Lorenzo hit my mom so many times it’s become as normal as did you bring in the mail to my house. I’m in my senior year of high school which is almost over thankfully. What I really want is to take my $2,000 that I’ve saved and runaway to NYU where I can become a great artist. Art has been my way to cope since I was younger. My mom seeing my skill bought me paint sets and let me draw everywhere and art became part of my identity. I walked to my high school and sat in my literature class before any students arrived. I pulled out my sketchpad and began drawing and somehow it became a girl crying on some stairs; I never where my art would go. I finished the drawing and noticed a tall guy looking over my shoulder. I froze as I noticed his similarities to Lorenzo, but then he smiled and I calmed down. “I’m Cameron,” he said. I nodded and said, “I’m Melissa.” He smiled, but his friends called him over. I knew that would be all my social interaction for the month. He was probably new and didn’t know to not talk to me, but still his name brought a smile on my face. Cameron.
♠ ♠ ♠
the drawing i think of is here
http://jaymyccah.deviantart.com/gallery/?q=happy&offset=24#/d27f5jg