Mommy's Day

01

Tiptoeing down the stairs Tyler stops at the bottom and glances around. Once knowing no one else is up he runs across the living room and into the kitchen. Pulling the milk and oj out of the fridge Tyler runs into the dinning room and drags a chair across the lanolin floor and up against the cabinets. Climbing onto the chair he opens the door pulling out plates and a dish and setting it on a tray sitting on the counter. Jumping off the chair he slides it over to the toaster side. Placing in some toast Tyler jumps off the chair and picks up the bowl grabbing a box of frosted flakes and dumping it into the bowl he sets the bowl on the tray and goes and pulls out three spoons. Going back to grab a plate for the toast it slips out of his hand and drops to the floor smashing into pieces.

“Oops.” Looks down at the plates he tries to clean it up. Moving his little feet across the floor he steps on a piece of the plate and lets out a cry letting the pieces fall out of his hands and to the floor Tyler brings it up to his eyes and sobs.

“Tyler, what’s wrong?” Rushing down to the kitchen I rush into the kitchen and stop once noticing the broken plate around him. “Oh Tyler, shh.” Picking him up from the mess I hold him close rubbing his back.

“I stepped in it. My foot urt.”

Kissing his head. “Okay let me get daddy okay baby.” Kissing his head again I walk over to steps. Yelling up I rock Tyler in my arms. “Chris can you help me?”

Walking to the sofa I set Tyler down and walk back into the kitchen grabbing the broom and clean up the pieces.

“What do you need dear?” feeling arms wrap around me I turn and smile.

“Your son was up to something down here and broke a plate which now part of it is in his foot could you look at it for me?”

“sure.” Kissing my cheek he walks over to the living room.

“No what do we have here little man?”

Smiling I finish throwing out the plate I look around and notice the plates, drinks and burnt toast. awww he was trying to make breakfast. hearing a giggle behind me then tiny arms wrap around my neck I turn around and take Tyler from Chris’s arms and kisses his nose.

“It was surprise but happy mother’s day mommy.” Kissing my cheek Chris wraps his arms around my waist holding us into his chest.

“Well both of us were supposed to come down here and make our favorite mom some food. But this little man just wanted to get a move and surprise both of us.”

Smiling I kisses Tyler’s head. “Well how about we all work on food since we are all up.” Looking up at Chris he leans down and kisses my forehead.

“Nah your two boys got the kitchen you go and relax your little feet on the sofa.” Removing Tyler from my arms he slaps my butt to get me going.

“Just don’t ruin my kitchen! I would like to find it all in one piece.” Heading into the living room I hear Tyler giving directions to Chris.

Curling up on the large sofa grabbing the remote I flip to the news station and pull the blanket from the back of the sofa and close my eyes listening to my boys make a mess in my kitchen.

---------------------------

Feeling a weight jump on top of my body I open an eye and see Tyler sitting on my and pokes my face.

“Mama! Look! Wakes up mamas!”

Sitting up and pulling Tyler into my lap I notice the tray of food Chris is sitting in his lap.

“Happy Mother’s Day Caitlin enjoy.” Setting the try on the cushion between us I lick my lips.

“Thank you guys this is the best mother’s day ever. What should I try first Tyler?”

Looking at all the food Tyler shoves a piece of French toast in my face. “I did ‘is!! Eat it.”

Taking it from him I take a bite. “Mmmhmm, real good baby.” Finishing it off we all dig in to the rest of the food.

Yawning Tyler snuggles into my chest. “Hey buddy can you run upstairs and grab our surprise for mommy before you fall asleep?” Looking over to his father he nods and climbs off my lap and runs up the stairs.

Looking over at Chris I shake my head. “You didn’t have to get my anything.” Placing the tray in the coffee table I snuggle up under Chris’s arm.

“I know but you do everything around here so I thought I should give you something back.” Kissing my lips lightly he smiles and pulls me closer.

Smiling I hear footsteps running down the steps and a little voice yelling my name. “Momma!!”

Helping Tyler climb into my lap he hands me a large package. “open first!!” Nodding my head I tear at the paper slowly as Tyler lets out a huff and places his tiny hands near mine and helps me ripe the paper faster.

“Thanks buddy.” Pulling out a nice wool blanket I smile. Unfolding it I find a picture of all three of us at one of the team picnics they have in the summer.

“I thoughts of the idea for you mommy!”

Smiling I hug him close and kiss his head. “Its wonderful baby.” Once Chris and I throw the blanket on top of all three of us Tyler hands me another much smaller box.

“Daddy thought of this one. But I helped him pick the right one!” smiling I kiss his head and open the small back box to find a silver heart necklace with two smaller hearts on the inside, one gold and the other silver.

“Wow guys this is amazing. Thank you.” Kissing Chris while Tyler makes gagging noises and tries to push us apart.

“That gross and this is my mommy. Daddy go away.” Snuggling into my chest Tyler closes his eyes and lets out a yawn.

Giggling I shake my head and run my hand through his hair. “There is enough of me to go around.”

“But you all mine daddy stinky….an..and….yawn.” snuggling into my chest Tyler falls asleep. Looking over at Tyler I notice a pout on his lip and I giggle.

“Kids right babe you stinky.” Rolling his eyes he leans down and kisses him.

“You and him are going to make my go gray soon. That’s not a funny thing either hun.”

Holding back my laugh I smile and lean into him pulling the blanket closer to me and Tyler, Chris kisses my head and pulls out another gift. “This one took a big longer for me to do since I have no artistic ability. And please don’t tell the guys I did this they wont ever let me forget it. But I hope you enjoy.”

Removing my hands from under the blankets I take the gift from his hands and notice a picture on the cover of the book is a picture of three of us. Smiling I lean over giving his cheek a kiss I flip open the scrape book and find pictures of when we dated back in high school, pictures of us as kids, us getting married, pictures of us and friends and with family, and us staring from when Tyler was first born to now. But the picture that stands out the most to me is one from when we were kids. He rode his bike over to my house to hang out and before he left I leaned in and placed a kiss right on his lips. To this day my mom swears that she knew from that day on we would always be together.

“I thought I lost this picture. It is my favorite of us.” Smiling up at him he blushes.

“I don’t think I ever would have kissed you if you never did that, that day. It always was in my mind when we first started dating. I told myself that I should be the first one to kiss you from now on.”

Smiling I lean in and kiss his lips quickly. “And how’s that working out for you.” Winking at him she shakes his head as he pulls my body closer to his. Kissing Tyler’s head I go back to the beginning of the scrape book and flip through the pages the whole day going back and remembering our past, present and how our future will always be the same with just us and maybe a few more little one. Sighing in content I close my eyes and thank god for the best mothers’ day ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
ugh i had the picture of the necklace but my computer lost it for me :( but i hope this turned out well :)