Status: Updating. Comments and subscriptions are appreciated!

Blind Ambition

Apprehensions

GARRETT'S POV

The show was by far, one of the best we've played ever.

"So, where are we going for dinner tonight?" Pat asked me.

"I don't know. I'm kind of tired, to tell you the truth." I yawned.

"Yeah me too," John said.

"I bet Garrett has a different thing in mind," Kennedy said.

"What?" I asked.

"You just want to go and see Adrien and have late-night talks with her on your bunks," John said.

"Shut up. I'm just really tired," I said with a smile.

"Hey, look at that smile," Jared said. "I know that smile. You only smiled that way when you were with Brooke." By the way, Brooke was my ex-girlfriend. She broke up with me last year 'cause she couldn't stand long-distance relationships. We don't really live far from each other, we just slipped away 'cause I always left for tours. It was a clean break though, we're still friends, but I know we don't feel that way for each other anymore.

"You really like her, don't you?" Pat asked me when the others already went inside the bus. Headline Vision was still performing so we had the bus to ourselves. "I see the way you look at her."

After a week and a few days, I've really grown to like her. Even if she thinks she's completely unattractive, which is really not true, by the way, I'm really attracted to her. Maybe it's because she's very different from all the other girls I met before. She's just simple, fun, and innocent. Just thinking of her and her dark eyes makes me feel, I don't know, happy? "Is it really that obvious?" I asked. "But I have no chance anyway. She completely banned relationships from her life. She said she wants to focus on her career."

"Well, I'm sure she'll wake up sooner or later." We stood in silence for a few seconds. "I know!" he said. "Why don't you ask her out tomorrow?"

"Are you crazy? She'll think I'm stupid? I don't want to mess up this weird friendship I have with her. I'll just wait until I know how she feels about me. It's way too early."

He looked at me with a serious expression. "Really, 'It's too early'?!" he mocked me. "Come on, we're not talking about marriage here. It's a date."

"But she'll just push me away, I'm sure of it," I told him. It's true. We've been through a few arguments this past week and she'll think it's really weird. We're nothing more than buddies.

"Hey, do you like this girl or not?"

I do. I really do. "But—"

"No buts. I know you like her so go make a move," he said.

"I don't know man," I said.

"There's no harm in trying," he told me. "Just go and—oh, hey Adrien." Pat waved at her who was standing behind me.

"Hey guys, what're you talking about?" Adrien asked with a smile, her hands together.

"Not much, just go ask Garrett." Pat smiled. "Oh, by the way, nice shirt, Adrien." I looked at her shirt. It was black and it had a print of Super Mario's body on it so her head looked like it was connected to Super Mario's body. Cool.

She smiled. "Thanks." She fixed her glasses, put her hands inside her pockets, then looked at me. "Do I have to know or not?"

"Oh, don't worry about it, it's nothing." I smiled. Okay this is it. I'm going to try. "Um, listen Adrien, there's something I have to tell you. I know—"

"Me too!" she cut me off. "Oh sorry dude, you first."

"No, you go." I smiled.

"No, you!" she said.

"I'm not going to say it unless you tell me first."

"Fine," she said. "Well, remember what you said a while ago about your type of girl?" she said.

"Uh, yeah, why?" I was puzzled.

"Well, I found the girl for you." She grinned then folded her arms.

"Really?" I said. Well that was strange. When she asked me a while ago, I was actually talking about her, discreetly telling her that she was the girl I liked. "Who?"

"Just wait and see. She told me to tell you to go to the restaurant we ate at yesterday, the one with the fancy lighting and stuff. Haha, sorry, I forgot the name." She scratched her head and smiled sheepishly. "You'll have lunch there at about 12 noon. Well, I hope you have fun." She is so damn cute.

"Oh yeah, I hope so too." I smiled. "Do I know her?"

She nodded. "Oh yes you do."

"Wow, I can't wait," I lied. I was going to ask her out but she already got me a date with another girl. What are the odds. Really. Sheesh.

"Wait, what were you going to tell me?" she asked.

Shit. "Um, I just wanted to remind you about finding the girl that I like. But it looks like you got the job done."

"Right." She winked and pointed at me then ran up the bus. She suddenly stopped at the top of the stairs. "But honestly, don't mess this up. If you do, you're going to get my butt kicked back to Arizona. And you will never get near me nor my awesomeness again, not in this lifetime."

I gulped and nodded.

She smiled. "Just messing with you, dude. Don't be too nervous." She patted my back. "It's a date, not marriage." Then she went to the bathroom. Now where have I heard that before? This is really messed up.

I sighed. Why does she have to make herself so fucking irresistible? It's driving me nuts.

I followed her up the bus, changed into my pajamas and went straight to my bunk.

I looked at her bunk but she was already fast asleep. She was lying on her side and looked so serene and calm, different from her usual I'm-going-to-punch-you-if-you-don't-stay-out-of-my-way attitude. A few stray strands of her dark hair covered some parts of her face and I could hear her softly breathing. I noticed that she had really long eyelashes and her lips were slightly open, her perfect teeth showing. I didn't pay much attention to it during the first night of the tour when she slept on the couch, the time when I had to put a blanket over her while she was sleeping.

"Hey, you're drooling, man," Jared whispered. I smacked his head with a pillow and glared a him. He laughed then went back to sleep.

I mentally punched myself. She's off limits, remember? So tomorrow, I will go see that girl she was talking about and I will make the best out of the date. Who knows? Maybe I'll forget about my sort of 'feelings' her?

It's a long shot but I'd do it anyway. If it means I don't have to stay away from her and she doesn't push me away.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, what do you think? I honestly thought I shouldn't put up a chapter in Garrett's viewpoint because I was afraid he would be OOC but then I thought, no one really knows what Garrett would really do in these kinds of situations so no one can say that he was OOC at any point. :))) That's just an opinion.
OMG. I just changed the title again. I'm annoying myself already. Sorry.
Anyway, sorry for the late update. I was waiting for comments but oh well, I guess you're all too busy. :D
Enjoy!