Status: Updating. Comments and subscriptions are appreciated!

Blind Ambition

The Blind Date

GARRETT'S POV

"Hey Garrett, wake up!" Pat yelled. He started tickling me and I had no choice but to wake up. 

"What?" I asked. 

"So, did you ask her?"

"Nope." I looked at her bunk. She was facing the wall and she was fast asleep. "Apparently, she found me a date. I'm going on a date today. What time is it?" I whispered. 

"Um, 10:00. Really? That's... something. Where'd she get a date for you and why?"

I got down my bunk and pulled him outside. The others were in the lounge room so we were alone in the front part of the bus. "Well, we had this talk yesterday about what kind of girls I like. I was actually describing her, then I told her to tell me if she found someone. Well, I guess she did."

"Oh, well, what are you going to do now?" 

I shrugged. "I'm just going to get this over with and try to forget my feelings for her without staying away from her. Maybe I'll like this girl then Adrien and I can just stay as friends."

"Wow bro, good luck. But whatever's meant to happen will happen, right? So don't worry." He smiled. 

"Yeah, thanks."

I went back to the room and got some clothes. I showered then changed into a plaid, button-down shirt and black skinny jeans. 

"Someone's got a hot date," John said. "Is it with who I think it is?" He smiled and wiggled his eyebrows. 

"No dude, I'm going on a blind date. I don't know if she's hot yet."

"Ooh, that's nice. Text me if she's hot and ask her if she has a sister or something." He winked then went back to the lounge area. 

"Hey what are you doing? It's 11:45 and you still haven't finished doing your beautifying rituals yet?! Come on, you spend a whole lot longer time fixing your hair than I do, and you're a guy! Your hair's like this short," she said, showing probably about 2 inches with her index finger and thumb. She took a step closer. "Just ruffle it like this and go, she's probably rotting there already." She reached out for my hair, ran her hands through it and messed it up. I was aware of how close she was to me and I fought the urge to get closer.

"Uh, you kind of ruined it more," I said nervously. 

She smiled. "No, don't even worry, she likes you enough already. Your hair would look good to her even if it was covered in eggs." She held her finger up to warn me. "Just go and don't mess up." 

"Yes ma'am," I said, straightening my back and saluting her. 

"Go!" she said. "Oh, and she's wearing a blue floral dress and her red hair's in a bun."

I went out the tour bus and walked a few blocks until I reached the restaurant. To be honest, I was sort of excited. If this girl really fit into my description of my type, we'd have fun. 

I walked around the corner and went inside the restaurant. It was like any typical Italian restaurant with fancy lights and tablecloths. I looked for a red head wearing a blue dress with her hair in a bun. Good thing it wasn't hard to find one. The red-haired girl was seated beside the window, her back towards me. 

I touched her shoulder awkwardly and said, "Hi, I'm Garrett, are you Adrien's friend?"

She turned around and took off her sunglasses. What the—

"Oh, hi Garrett! Nice to meet you here." It was the least person I expected. The girl was Ashlyn. 

So, I'll spare you the details of the date but I sort of had fun. I didn't expect her to be that kind of girl but she was surprisingly easy to talk to. We talked about our favorite music and movies and stuff like that and I found out that we actually had a lot in common. 

"So, will we be doing this again soon?" she asked. 

"Maybe," I said with a grin. Wow, this might actually work. 

We walked back to the bus together and talked more. The more I talked to her, the more I found her interesting. I honestly found it a bit weird at first because the way she was acting now was very different from how she acted during the first week on tour. 

But there was one thing that I couldn't get off of my mind. The thing a while ago with Adrien fixing, well, more like messing up, my hair. It was a simple gesture but it made my heart beat a lot faster than usual. 

Okay, I have to get a grip. I'm here with Ashlyn, so I should stop thinking about Adrien. We can be nothing more than friends but with Ashlyn, we could actually be something more. 

Let's just hope I'd get Adrien out of my mind. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to eric halvorsex, if it wasn't for your comment, I would've updated a month from now. :)
Comments? Subscriptions? Please? I'm losing motivation jahfjagdhdjskld