Status: Updating. Comments and subscriptions are appreciated!

Blind Ambition

Surprise, Surprise

I was watching TV with John, Jared, Pat, Kennedy, Philip, Justin, and some guys from ARTTM when we heard someone open the door to the bus.

"It's probably Garrett, back from his hot date," John said, running to the door.

"Oh, she's hot alright," I said with a smirk. Hot-headed. I looked at my watch. It was 2 pm.

The others followed him. "Oh, hey, Ashlyn," I heard John say as he stopped short. "I thought you were—"

"Garrett?" Kennedy said, a little bit of surprise in his voice.

"Oh hey guys," Ashlyn said with a smile.

I looked at the other guys and I snickered. Their jaws were all hanging.

"She was your date?!" Philip exclaimed.

"Unfortunately," I heard Justin mutter under his breath.

"Um, yeah, Adrien fixed us up," Garrett said.

"Excuse me for a minute." Ashlyn smiled then went inside the bathroom.

All eyes turned to me. "What? Why are you all looking at me? Want me to set you guys up?" I joked.

They all nodded.

"I was kidding." I said. Jeez, these boys are such guys. I mean, of course but, you get what I mean. They followed me back to the lounge area.

"Well, I'm sure you still know some girls, right?" Justin told me.

"No, actually."

"Thanks a lot," they said.

I laughed. "Come on guys, you're perfectly capable of finding a date by yourselves. It just so happened that my bandmate was..." I gulped and looked at the floor, "Garrett's, um, type, so there."

They laughed. "Yeah, you're right," John said.

"Millions of girls would kill to be your date even for just a minute." I looked at them. "Just look at the Internet and you'll see what they think of you. And most are even R-rated."

"I know, whenever I search for The Maine on tumblr, it's full of, uh, interesting stuff," Pat said.

"See?" I told them. "Now let's just go back to watching TV."

The rest of the day was pretty ordinary. The show still kicked ass though, just like every other one. But other than that, it was normal, if you don't count the times I saw Ashlyn giving Garrett flirty smiles.

It was even worse now. I might have looked excited when I told Garrett that he'd have a date but I was nowhere near excited. The last thing I need right now is Ashlyn being all up in my face asking for stuff to talk about with Garrett. And I kind of think of Garrett as a friend, and I know Ashlyn. She thinks of boys as toys. Who knows what she'll do to Garrett after she's bored with him.

"Hey." I turned around and saw Ashlyn. "It's a good thing I told you to give me information yesterday. About the bands and stuff. I would've never known what he was talking about."

"Sure, no problem." I went back to tuning my guitar.

"Now, I need you to give me more information about that band you told me about. What was their name? Ebony?"

I tried not to laugh at her ignorance. "It's Ivory."

"Right, that band. Apparently it's one of their biggest influences."

"Really?" To tell you the truth, they were also a part of the reasons behind why I wanted to make music.

"Yep, they even named their band after one of their songs."

"The Coast of Maine?" So that's where they got their name.

"I don't even know. I need the details tomorrow. He hasn't asked me out again but if he doesn't tomorrow, I will make a move."

"Fine." This was all I could answer nowadays, fine, yes, okay, sure. I'm starting to hate myself but that wouldn't do me any good.

We went back to the bus after a few minutes. It was already really late and I haven't eaten dinner yet. My tummy was rumbling.

"Hey Adrien," Justin called.

"What's up?" I said, trying to ignore my already angry stomach.

"Why the fuck would you set Garrett up with that witch?"

"Well, it's just something for a friend." I shrugged.

"She's blackmailing you, isn't she?"

I looked at him without saying a thing.

His eyes widened. "I knew it! I'm telling you, if she does this again I'm going to lose it."

"Stop it," I laughed. "It's nothing." I shrugged. "Plus, if you try to confront her, you know this whole band thing will be over."

He paused for a few moments. "Well, are you okay?"

"Why would I not be?" I asked, confusion across my face.

He narrowed his eyes. "Well, I know you'd kill me if I say this, but I think you like Garrett."

My eyes grew wide in shock. "What the hell are you talking about?!" I don't like him! All we do is argue and taunt each other!

"Come on Adrien, I've known you since birth. You're like a sister to me. You've never smiled the way you do when you're with him before. Never." He smiled and held up his index finger for emphasis.

"What?" I most certainly do not smile any different when I'm with him! Wait, do I? No!

"Give it up Adrien." He smiled.

I smirked. "You're kidding me, right?"

"No Adrien." He looked at me. "You're kidding your self."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo... HAHAHA
Thanks for the comments and subscriptions!
cupcakelover-, IKR :))
sighnomore, it's alright. :)) Thank you!
you're my backbone, OH YOU CAN READ AND COMMENT ALL YOU WANT, I'M SURE IT WON'T BE ANNOYING :)))
I'll be waiting for more comments! SPEAK UP, YOU SILENT READERS :D