Status: Updating. Comments and subscriptions are appreciated!

Blind Ambition

Misconceptions

ADRIEN'S POV

I laid on my bed that night, thinking of what my stupid cousin told me. Come on, I don't like Garrett! I never liked anyone and I never will! It's stupid. I just like jeering and making fun of him. Why can't anyone believe that!?

I shifted to my side and looked at him. He wasn't anything special, he was just a shy and awkward boy who happens to play bass and be in a band I'm touring with. He's nothing more than a guy whom tons of girls find attractive and interesting. Sure, he may be funny sometimes but that's just it. 

His eyes suddenly opened and I immediately pretended to sleep. I heard him chuckle. "Why were you staring at me?"

"I wasn't staring," I said in a tone that wasn't desperately denying the accusation, just explaining.  "My eyes just happened to look at your direction."

"Okay then, Adrien. I won't be surprised if you fall for me one of these days." He shifted his body to the other side, facing the wall. 

"Stupid arrogant boy," I muttered. He laughed softly. 

The next morning, everyone was excited to see the next venue. It was a bit bigger than he last one so everyone was looking forward to the crowd. 

These past few days, I've been hanging out a lot with Jess Bowen from The Summer Set, and Tay Jardine from We Are The In Crowd since Garrett and the she-dragon have been inseparable. It's been over a week since they first went on a date. They're not yet exclusively dating, as Garrett said. They're just having fun. 

It's fun to have some girl friends after hanging out with boys, even if I am one of the boys. I'm still a girl after all. 

"You know, I definitely think she'll just hurt Garrett and leave him heartbroken," Jess said. 

"I think so too. But you can't leave. This is your dream," Tay said. 

"I know. I'll just let them be. He'll move on, eventually."

"But you know, if this ends badly, he's going to hate you."

"Yep. But we already hate each other now, what's the difference?" I told them. But deep inside, I knew it would be a completely different kind of hatred. 

"Well, for one thing, next time, you won't be 'fighting' as friends. It'll be for real." Jess was right. But I had to do this. I had no choice. I just want to be in a band so bad. 

"Well, if this is what's meant to happen, then it will happen. I'm ready to accept the consequences."

"If you say so. But I surely hate that girl," Jess said. 

"Well, you're not the only one," Tay said with a laugh. "The way she walks around like she owns the place."

We all laughed. "I think that's part of a song," Jess said. "Your song."

Tay nodded and laughed. "Yeah, see what I did there?"

After a few minutes of goofing off and talking, I decided to go back. "The guys are probably looking for me," I said, standing up to get back to our bus. 

"Oh, right. Text you guys later?" Jess asked. 

"Sure," Tay and I answered. 

"Keep us updated on that evil girl's plan. And if she insults you, don't hesitate to call us. Jess has really strong arms. I'm sure she can handle that ginger," Tay assured me. 

"I'll be fine. But I'll keep that in mind." I smiled and waved goodbye. "See you guys later!"

"Oh, hey Garrett," I said as I ran up the bus. 

"Have you seen Ashlyn?" he asked. "She left something while we were eating." He handed me a video game data card. 

"What's this doing here?" I asked. It was my data card. 

"Well, we played a while ago and she left it."

"Really," I said. "Well, I'll give it to her." That little...

"Hey Ashlyn," I told her after the show. "Garrett said you left this." I showed her the card. 

"Oh that thing. It's yours."

Wow. I sure didn't know that. "I know. Why was it with you?"

She looked at me with her hands on her hips. "Oh what, you're mad at me now?"

"I'm just asking why," I answered. 

"Well, since Garrett seemed to like playing video games, I told him we'd go to the arcade and I borrowed your data card so I could play that stupid game."

Jeez. This girl sure is something. "You can play that game without a data card," I informed her. 

"Oh." She looked embarrassed for a while then said, "Well, I'm not a genius, you know." She still didn't even sound apologetic. 

"Just don't get my things without asking for permission." It was like talking to a 6-year old. 

"Fine, just don't tell Garrett it's not mine. And I need the stuff about that Ivory band, I'm starting to look like an ignorant fool."

I sighed. "So, they were formed in 2005..." I went on and on and told her all that I knew about them. I even told her about Ryan Adams and All-American Rejects, just in case, because this girl has no knowledge in music except Miley Cyrus. If she didn't have a great voice, she wouldn't even be in this band. She doesn't even listen to the kind of music the rest of us like. It's good that she doesn't make our songs or else our band will have songs like Justin Bieber's.  

She yawned. "Well, that was boring. If Garrett wasn't this hot, I won't even talk to him. He likes weird things."

Wow. Hooray for true love. "How long do you plan on keeping this up? This whole lie about you being his type when in fact you have nothing in similar, except maybe the fact that you're both in a band."

She smirked. "I don't know, until I get bored and find someone else. Someone with this face needs to have a boyfriend all the time."

"Then why not the other guys? Why Garrett?" I asked curiously. 

"Well, he seems like the weak kind of guy, you know what I mean? The kind who falls hard easily," she explained, not even with an ounce of guilt. "Plus, he's super hot and I heard that he's a good kisser."

What a bitch. If she wasn't controlling my career, I'd definitely punch her in the face and kick her sorry little ass back to Arizona then run her over with a bus. She had no right to do this to anyone. 

But deep down, I knew that I was as bad as her because I knew that somebody's going to get hurt but I did nothing to stop it. And I can't do anything about it unless I sacrifice myself and my dream.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry if this is corny or whatever, it's just a filler chapter because the drama sort of starts in the next chapters hawhaw
AND I'M SORRY FOR UPDATING LATE. COLLEGE IS JUST UGH
sighnomore, I'm sorry, I keep changing the title :))))
destinedtoexplode, here you go, enjoy!