Status: Updating. Comments and subscriptions are appreciated!

Blind Ambition

Meeting The Maine

ADRIEN'S POV

It was our first big gig after releasing our EP so we were all really excited. The bus was going to pick us up at any moment and I still couldn't find my freaking eyeglasses. They were huge but I still couldn't find them. What is wrong with me?

After showering, I wore a purple, plaid, button-down shirt, gray skinny jeans, and purple sneakers. I can't even imagine what Ashlyn is wearing, knowing that she'll probably do her best to get the guys to notice her.

After a few minutes, the bus arrived and the others already went inside the bus but I couldn't find my glasses. I honestly remember putting it beside my pillow before I slept but now it's missing.

"Please just give me a minute, I'm sorry," I told Philip when he came to get me.

"Need any help?" he asked.

I smiled. "Thanks."

I went back to my room and saw my glasses under my bed. "There you are." I wore them and hurriedly ran to the bus, my bag in one hand and my guitar on my back. "Let's go," I told Philip.

Philip went up before me. I ran up the steps of the bus when suddenly, I hit my head on the TV which was near the door. "Oww," I groaned then scratched my head with my free hand. I heard someone laughing. I looked at the people on the seat and my eyes met the blue eyes of...what was his name? Garrett? I'm not even sure. He was laughing at me. Sheesh, I haven't even been in this bus for 5 minutes and I already humiliated myself. He couldn't stop laughing and stood up to shake my hand. "Hi, my name's Garrett," he said with a smile and held out his hand.

"Adrien." I smiled back awkwardly and shook his hand. I stepped forward but I was slightly conscious of him.

Of course, Ashlyn, who was seated beside him, glared at me with her intense green eyes. She was wearing a fitted olive green tank top (with a good view of her cleavage), ripped denim short shorts, and gladiator sandals. Her hair was down and it looked great. I wonder if she has stylists in her room.

"Hi, my name's John," I heard someone say from behind me. "May I help you with those?" he asked, motioning to my bag. I looked to my back and saw the tall and lanky guy who had a tattoo on his chest.

I smiled. "Um, thanks but I can handle it." I walked past the others and sat on the empty seat beside a long haired boy with really big ears who was eating some chips. "My name's Pat," he said and waved.

I smiled. "Mine's Adrien. Nice meeting you." He looked so much like a girl, it kind of freaked me out. Nevertheless, he was friendly and I think we'd get along.

"Want some?" he asked. He pushed the chips to me.

"No thank you, I'm already full," I said out of respect. Deep inside, I wanted to get some chips, being the junk food addict I was, but I was too awkward to function.

"Since everyone's introducing themselves, hi, my name's Kennedy," the boy with brown hair who was seated beside Pat told me. He held out a fist and I bumped it.

"And I'm Jared," the last boy said. He had light reddish hair which almost looked blond and a warm smile. "Nice to meet you," he said with a little side smile. "I'm the band's lead guitarist."

"Hi, I play lead guitar too." I smiled.

The getting-to-know-you and catching up conversations went on and on, with Ashlyn laughing a little louder and speaking a little louder than others. I was socially awkward so I was having a hard time making small talk. I just answered when I was asked, I didn't initiate conversations. I looked at the guy with copper colored hair beside Ashlyn and was caught off guard. He was looking straight at me, his hand behind his head.

Only one word could perfectly describe this whole thing: AWKWARD.

I quickly looked away and acted normal. "What about you Adrien, what sports do you play?" Jared asked. Really? Sports? This conversation can not be any more awkward.

"Um, I was in the track and field, and badminton varsity in high school," I answered shyly.

"Really? Cool," they said with a smile. It was so awkward for me, I wanted to get away but they've all been friends for a long time.

"You seem a bit shy," Pat told me, still eating.

Philip laughed. "Oh, Adrien, shy? Just wait," he said.

"She's crazy once you get to know her," Justin said. "She's the type of girl who would make faces in public and do things that would embarrass her. She's been that way ever since we were kids."

"We saw that earlier," Garrett smirked.

Gee, thanks, guy I've known for a few minutes now. "Uh guys, I'm still here," I said, ignoring what Garrett's comment.

"Sorry, you're just so...interesting," John said.

"Uh, thanks?" I said, unsure of what that meant.

"Well, Garrett's like that too. A bit awkward at first but once he gets comfortable, you'll wish he'd just shut up," Jared said. Garrett punched his shoulder lightly. "Just kidding, man," Jared said.

"I play volleyball," Ashlyn suddenly said. I looked over at Philip and Justin and just by looking, we understood each other. I smirked.

"Volleyball's a nice sport," Pat said. And now, we return to Ashlyn's world, just as she wants everything to be.

"Guys, I'll just go fix my stuff." I stood up, went to the sleeping area with all the bunks and put my things in a cabinet with Ashlyn's stuff.

After fixing my things, I heard someone knock on the door. "Yes?" I asked.

A male voice answered. "They wanted me to tell you that we're going out for lunch."

I took the doorknob, opened the door, and in a few quick seconds someone fell on top of me. Ouch.

It took a moment before I realized what was happening. His face was just a few inches from mine and his eyes held mine in place. "What the hell are you doing?" I asked, pushing him off.

"Sorry," he said, scratching the back of his head. "Are you okay?" he asked. He offered his hand to help me up but I didn't take it. I sort of had a feminist streak in me.

"Yeah, a 137 pound boy just squished me," I sarcastically answered, standing up. I was unusually short-tempered. "Who the heck leans on the door when calling someone?"

"I didn't know you were awake 'cause you didn't answer so I tried to hear if you were still fixing your stuff," he said with a smile. "And actually, I'm 139 pounds."

I glared at him. "Forgive me for underestimating your body mass." I straightened my shirt and clipped back my fringe.

He ran his hands through his hair. "Sure, I forgive you."

I shook my head. "Where are they anyway?" I asked.

"They're inside the restaurant already. They told me to get you so I did." He paused for a few moments. "Why are you so cranky?"

"I'm not cranky, okay? I'm just tired." I answered before following him outside the room.

He stopped and turned to me. "Oh, and I should probably give you a heads up," he said, wearing his sunglasses.

"About what?" My expression was of utter confusion

"The preying eyes of fan girls and boys," he said, motioning outside the window. Sure enough, people with cameras as big as their heads carrying banners and all kinds of stuff were waiting outside the bus.

"Oh, how nice. How are we going to go out?" I asked. We weren't exactly used to having all this attention so I'm a bit ignorant when it comes to fans.

"Just open the door, go down a few steps and enter the restaurant," he explained.

"Gee, thanks for the help." I rolled my eyes and peeked at the people outside. Jeez, there were a lot.

"No problem. Don't worry about them. Just look your best and smile."

"Now that's easy—not." I'll surely look like an idiot.

"Come on, just flash your perfect smile and they'll be so mesmerized they won't even know what hit them."

"Are you kidding me? I'm as charming as a rock!" I sighed. "Whatever. Let's just get out of here. I'm starving." I lightly pushed him towards the door and followed him.

When he opened the door, screams erupted. I was so surprised that I almost jumped. "Relax," he told me. "They won't eat you, stop being scared. You'll get used to this someday."

"I sure do hope so." I exhaled and braced myself.

Well it turns out that it wasn't as easy as he said it would be. Maybe for him, but I was easily shoved and pushed by those who wanted to meet him. I was practically a nobody in this herd of screaming fans, 20 daily push-ups were worth nothing against screaming fans. I couldn't see Garrett and restaurant, all I could see were banners, hands, and arms. I knew I was strong enough to push my way out of here but I would probably get a lot of enemies for doing so.

Suddenly, a hand reached out and grabbed mine. I was shocked. I looked up and saw Garrett, motioning for me to follow him. He pulled me towards the restaurant and finally, we were safe. "I made it. I thought I was a goner," I said.

He took off his glasses but didn't take his hand off of mine. "Congratulations. Come on, they're upstairs."

"Thanks," I said with a smile.

"No problem." He smiled back, his eyes on mine. He was good-looking, but not the type you'd immediately notice. He was handsome nonetheless, but thankfully, after years of being with genetically gifted people, I sort of had an immunity against charm and good looks.

"There they are," I heard John say. They were seated around a big table which was already full of food.

"Sorry guys, the fans were crazy," Garrett said, running his hand through his hair.

"And you seemed to enjoy it," Jared said, motioning towards our hands.

I pulled away. "Oh no," I said. "No," I said adamantly.

They snickered. "Okay, if you say so," Kennedy said with a knowing smile.

I looked to my right and saw the she-dragon, looking furious. Good thing she didn't have laser eyes 'cause if looks really could kill, I'd long be dead by now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello! Thanks for reading my fanfic and for subscribing! Haha, who am I kidding, I only have 1 subscriber and thanks a lot to that kind heart.

Oh, and I'll probably need at least 5 comments before I post next chapter. I have to know someone reads my story so yeah. Please and thank you!

sighnomore-Hello! Thanks for the comment. Would you kindly point out the spelling mistakes? 'Cause I write my stories in my iPod and it didn't detect any so I would appreciate it if you pointed it out so I can edit it. Thanks a lot for the comment! ♥