Status: Updating. Comments and subscriptions are appreciated!

Blind Ambition

Hello Philippines

ADRIEN'S POV

"Hey, wake up. We're here." I opened my eyes and saw Garrett's blue eyes just a few inches from mine. 

I immediately stood up and took my bag from the overhead cabin, not trying to look at him again. He just...I don't know. I can't explain it. 

I didn't wait for the others to fix their things. I removed my eyeglasses and put on my sunglasses because I know that the sun will greet us the moment we get out of the plane. I quickly exited the plane and surprisingly, it wasn't the hot Philippine sun who greeted us, there were about a hundred fans waiting. 

"Wow," I heard Justin say from behind me. "Wonder if aunt Jo is there." You see, our dads are Filipino and our other relatives are still here. We used to visit here every summer before we went on tour. 

"Probably not," I said with a smile. 

"This is awesome," Kennedy said. "I love this place."

The security was very strict, we didn't even get to take pictures with them. "I'm Arman, ma'ams and sirs," one guard who was probably the head of security said to us. He spoke with a Filipino accent and looked really kind. 

"Hi, nice to meet you." We all smiled and shook his hand. 

"At your service," he said with a smile and a salute. 

We grinned. "Thanks."

Arman led us to the van and we went straight to the hotel. We were then instructed to go to a press conference in the hotel. The reporters asked us a lot of questions and because I'm really awkward, Ashlyn, Philip, and Justin were the ones who answered most of the questions for our band. Justin and I knew how to speak Filipino a little bit so we said a few words. I think the only time I answered was when they asked me if I was already feeling well. Of course I said yes, I didn't want Ashlyn to think I was making this a big deal. 

Afterwards, we only had about a few hours before we had to attend an interview. We had a pretty hectic schedule but we were going to be here for 3 days so we'll probably have some free time here and there. 

"Nice. This has a better view than the room we got last time," John said. 

"Just wait for the crowd. They're great," Kennedy said. 

"Yeah, the loudest audience we've had so far," Pat added. 

"Well, I'm sure they won't disappoint." Justin said with a laugh. 

We went to our respective rooms and fixed our stuff. All our rooms were on the highest floor, so the view really was great. We could almost see the whole city from here. 

"It's so fucking hot in here," Ashlyn said when we entered our room. Being the only girls, we had to share a room. She took off her jacket and went to the bathroom. She hasn't said a word to me after the whole thing yesterday. 

I looked at the window and just contemplated about what Pat said. I can't get it off my mind. I slammed my face in my palms in frustration. 

I heard a soft knock on the door. "Hey girls, we're going for a swim, you want to come?" Garrett asked. 

"You go ahead. We'll be there after a few minutes," Ashlyn said just as she stepped out of the bathroom, clearly excited. She probably thinks she'll be able to seduce Garrett this time and get him to have sex with her, which I'm pretty sure isn't that hard, since that's what boys probably want anyway. 

She looked at me and raised an eyebrow. "Well, I'm sure you won't come, am I right?"

I shook my head. "No." That's what she wants to hear so I gave it to her. I don't want to witness yet another flirt fest between her and Garrett, I don't think my stomach can take yet another one of those.  

"Hm, good to know," she said with a smirk. 

She went back to the bathroom to change into her swimsuit which would probably look like it was bought from the children's section 'cause of how small it is. 

She went out wearing make up and a dress to 'cover' her swimsuit. Which was stupid, seeing as her make up would eventually be washed off. She was going swimming for heaven's sake!

"Don't think you're already forgiven for what you did yesterday," she said through her teeth before stepping out of the room. 

I looked at her with a blank expression and nodded. She left the room and as I closed the door, I mocked her. "What the hell," I said to myself. 

I took out my phone and went on twitter and tumblr. My @mentions were a lot more than I expected. Apparently, people have already taken pictures of us at the airport and have posted it online. 

A cousin of mine, Carlos, who lives here in Manila, tweeted me that he and my other second cousin, Joseph, were here in the hotel because they're having their on-the-job training for college. They invited me to go grab some food with them in the hotel's restaurant. 

Of course I said yes. These guys were brothers to me, just like Justin, because I've always hung out with them whenever we go here. As you already know, I'm practically one of the boys so I didn't hang out too much with my female cousins. 

I hope they'll finally get Garrett off my mind. 

Chapter 21 garrett assumptions

"Where's Adrien?" Pat asked when he Ashlyn arrived alone. 

"She's in the room. She's probably jetlagged," she answered. "She doesn't really like swimming that much. She's probably snoring right now."

"Oh alright," I said. Justin, Philip, Kennedy, Jared, and John got out of the pool earlier than us to watch some movies and probably to get some drinks. Pat, Ashlyn, and I swam for about half an hour more before we decide to go back. 

After taking a shower and changing into some dry clothes, Ashlyn and I decided to go and ask the concierge about using the gym. 

It was a good thing that only a few people were in the hotel or else everything will turn into a meet and greet again. Sucks, especially when all you want to do is just sleep. 

"Hey Garrett, want to go somewhere later after the interview? I heard that there's a good bar near here," Ashlyn said. 

"Sure." I smiled. "So, is Adrien still asleep?"

"She wasn't in our room," she said. 

"Where could she be?" I asked. 

"Probably in the rooftop or something, doing some crazy things. You know Adrien, she's like a little kid."

"You're probably right," I said. I forced my mind to think of something other than Adrien. I need to get rid of my feelings for her since I'm pretty much a lost cause. 

I watched the people in the lobby from inside the elevator. The elevator walls were glass so you could see the lobby from here. I looked to the right and saw Adrien hugging 2 dudes and eating with them in the restaurant.

"What is she doing? Who are those boys?" I asked, myself, suddenly alarmed. She can't possibly just go out with 2 random guys she just met here, I mean, only if she wants to get raped or something. She probably doesn't even know them. For all I know, it's her first time here, and those guys knew that she was from a band and wanted to kidnap her for money. 

"What are you talking—"

I didn't let her finish. "Just go to the concierge. I'll catch up with you." I acted on impulse and went out as soon as the elevator doors opened and ran straight to where Adrien and the 2 guys were seated.

They were eating in a fancy restaurant, the 2 boys seated across Adrien. I strode towards them angrily but still controlling my emotions. "Excuse us," I said as I pulled Adrien to the side, just far enough so the people in the restaurant wouldn't hear. 

She was caught off guard. She pulled her arm from my grip and smacked my arm. "What the hell are you doing?!" she asked. 

"I should probably ask you the same thing! What's gotten into you?"

She looked confused. "What in the world are you talking about?"

"Oh you know what I'm talking about." I looked straight at the 2 boys who were just as surprised as Adrien. 

One dude started to make his way to us. "What's the matter Adrien?" he asked her, eyeing me suspiciously. 

"Nothing, Carlos, just let me talk to Garrett," she said. 

"Okay," he said. "Oh, and by the way, dude, I love your music," he said with a smile.

"Thanks," I replied. Wait, what? He likes my music? Who is this guy?

"What is wrong with you?" she asked me. 

"You're one to talk! You just got here and now you're sitting there, eating with some strangers like you've known them since you were kids."

She sighed in frustration. "That's because I have known them since we were kids!" she exclaimed. 

"What? I don't understand," I said, my face in utter confusion. "Who are those guys?"

She sighed in frustration. "They're my cousins, Garrett," she said. "I'm half Filipino."

Shit. "Oh," was all I managed to say. 

"'Oh'? That's all you can say? You just rudely humiliated me in front of them and the people in this restaurant," she said. 

Fuck, fuck, fuck. I messed up. "Sorry," I said apologetically. "I'm really sorry."

"Well, we can't do anything about it now." She walked back to their table and sat on the chair. I followed her. 

"Sorry dudes," I said to her cousins. 

"No problem," they said with a smile. "Anything for Adrien's boyfriend."

"He's not my boyfriend," Adrien immediately replied. 

"Yeah, we're not dating," I said. "Sorry for interrupting." I smiled then walked away. 

Fuck. I made a fool out of myself. In front of Adrien's cousins. Damn it. 

I took out my phone. Ashlyn was calling. "Where are you?"

"Sorry, I just went to ask Adrien something."

"Are you in the restaurant with Adrien and 2 guys? Alright, I think I see you. I'll be there in a minute," she said before hanging up. 

Ashlyn looked really pissed when she saw me. Wow, 2 screw ups in a day. "Sorry, Ashlyn."

"It's fine. Just don't do it again," she said. 

"Thanks."

After that, we still had to go to an interview. Adrien didn't say a single word to me. She also kept on avoiding me. She wouldn't even smile at me. At other people, she would grin like it's fucking Christmas but when she sees me, her smile immediately curves downward, like I'm the grinch or something. When we ate dinner, she didn't speak to me. While going up the elevator, she ignored me and never even looked at me. 

I know I fucked up but can she just get over it? Jeez. It's not like I killed someone or anything. The people didn't even hear what we talked about. I've said sorry for about 50 times but she's still acting as if I don't exist. 

I guess I really don't know anything about her. 

Ugh. This is so frustrating. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww what's happening?! Hahaha

A big thanks to Juli_Tabouli, fagtricia, Caitosaur., Acadia.Is.Gone, and the JENNIFERset :)

fagtricia, yes! I'm just nostalgic 'cause of LIV3 and now there's LIV5 and I just can't wait lol and btw, we follow each other on tumblr (not on twitter tho) hahaha and I think I saw you during the ATL concert

Acadia.Is.Gone, thank you for your comments! If I were Ashlyn, I would so kick her in the ovaries lol but who knows? Maybe she will hahaha

Caitosaur., I agree! Hahaha let's wait and see what'll happen haha and their manager's actually her dad, not her uncle :) Thank you for your comments, I really appreciate them! :D

theJENNIFERset, yes, I am Filipino! Hahaha hello! Aren't you just so excited for LIV5? hahaha see you someday!

And if you guys want to talk on other sites such as twitter and tumblr, message me so we can exchange usernames/url's hihi I don't want to put my username/url here 'cause I don't want people who know me irl to read my story :))