Status: Updating. Comments and subscriptions are appreciated!

Blind Ambition

Comfort

GARRETT'S POV

I never thought I could see her like this. Tears were falling from her downcast eyes which were already red and a distressed look was painted across her face. She was still wearing the clothes she wore during the show and her hair was a mess.

She looked like she was about to break down but couldn't because she didn't want others to see her somber. At that instant, I felt a wave of sadness. All I wanted to do was hug her but I knew that that was out of question seeing as to how we were treating each other lately. Everything had been so confusing, I wasn't sure what to do about it.

She hesitated to enter the elevator and looked away. I didn't know what she was undergoing but it sure wasn't shallow enough to make her cry. Never did I think I would see her like this. She always seemed so strong, so independent but at right at this moment, all the toughness seemed to disappear. She seemed so vulnerable and the sight of her like that made me feel emotions I never felt before. It was like I was feeling her pain, and I wanted to take it all away from her. At that instant I promised myself that I wouldn't make her cry like that. She wiped the tears off her eyes and bit her lip.

At the last minute, before the elevator doors closed and before she could run away, I grabbed her by the hand and pulled her into my arms, embracing her.

The next thing that happened surprised me more than anything. She broke down in tears and hugged me back.

"What happened?" I asked, letting go of her after the doors closed.

She didn't answer and just continued crying. She walked to the other side of the elevator, leaning her forehead on the wall. Tears were still falling from her eyes.

A long silence fell over us. After a few seconds, I walked over to her and turned her around to face me. I looked her intently. "Adrien, I'm really sorry. I don't know what's making you cry and I know I can't do anything to fix this but just know that I'm here for you." I gave her a smile.

She looked down, wiped her tears vigorously and sighed. She bit her lower lip, trying to fight back the tears, and forced a smile back at me. "Thanks, but I'm sorry, I have to be alone." To be honest, I already saw that coming.

When we reached the lobby, she quickly ran and I lost sight of her. I didn't even bother to run after her. I knew it was better if I left her alone because that was what she needed, a time off of all these. Besides, I had something else in mind.

I was going to break up with Ashlyn. I can't go on forcing myself to like someone else when I was clearly in love with somebody.

Everything felt easy to me. That was until I actually told Ashlyn I was breaking up with her.

"What?!" Her green eyes were furious. "Why?!"

"I just don't think that this is going to work," I said.

"But we were perfect! We were great together!" she screamed. Good thing we were in her room. "We were like soul mates, we were so much alike! How could we not work out?!" She paused, the fury still in her eyes. "Wait, is this because of that poor excuse for a girl?! When she gets here, I swear, Garrett, I will tear her fucking hair out!"

"No, it's not because of her," I lied. "I just want some time alone, okay?"

"'Okay?' This is definitely not okay!" She took a step closer and cupped my face with her hands. "I want you, Garrett, and you know you want me too," she said then started kissing me.

I shook my head and took her hands off my face. "I'm sorry, Ashlyn. We're done." I turned around and headed towards the door, then saw Adrien, her eyes wide. Justin was behind her and so were the other guys.

"Hey!" Ashlyn called out. Adrien and I both looked at her direction. She smiled deviously. "Why don't you tell Garrett how you just set him up with me for your own selfish wants? How you knew that I was just playing with him like a little kid but still continued telling him lies anyway?"

Adrien stayed quiet. I on the other hand had a shit load of questions.
♠ ♠ ♠
I AM VERY VERY VERY SORRY PLEASE FORGIVE ME I KNOW I AM THE WORST WRITER EVER HUHUHU
I know you all want to punch me right now but I've been really having a hard time with college and stuff especially since most of my subjects require me to stay up until dawn so I haven't had the time to update. I AM SORRY.