Status: Updating. Comments and subscriptions are appreciated!

Blind Ambition

Home

ADRIEN'S POV

As I waited to board the plane, I was actually thinking that a movie-like scene would happen, where Garrett would come running after me, telling me to stay. But no, I really messed up some crazy shit. It's all my fault. The sad thing was, I did love him. And now my dad's dead, and I don't have time to deal with other stuff right now and everything just fucking blows.

"Adrien, come here," Justin said from behind me. I turned towards me and gave me a big hug. My tears just kept falling uncontrollably. "Everything's going to be alright. We're here for you."

"Everything's my fault. I did all of these. There's nothing good in everything that's been happening. And it's all my fucking fault. I don't know what to do anymore, Justin, I just don't," I mumbled into his shirt. "And I miss dad already, I miss him so much. I didn't even get to say goodbye."

"Everything will turn out for the best, Adrien. I know uncle is very proud of you and will still be rooting for you. I can just imagine him screaming "That's my girl!" while watching you perform. And screw Ashlyn, screw every one of them. You have us, and we are not going to let your dreams get crushed. We, my dear cousin, will form a new band. And we will take that little bitch down."

I smiled. "Thanks, but I'm thinking of resting from all this drama for a while."

"Okay, but rest assured, when we make our comeback, we are going to blow people's minds off. And we will make your dad even prouder." He gave me a reassuring smile, kissed my forehead and boarded the plane.

As expected, I couldn't sleep for the whole duration of the trip. I wanted to punch through windows, pull all my hair off, I don't even think I'm sane anymore. This is torture, several hours where you have nothing to do but think. It's like a prison.

When I arrived home, I rushed to my mom, crying, and hugged her. "I missed you mom."

"I missed you too," she said with a smile. Her eyes were swollen, she looked exhausted. But I knew my mom. She was strong. We can handle this.

"Where is he?" I managed to ask.

She led me to him, my eyes welling up with tears even before seeing him. There were flowers all around and I couldn't help but think how many people dad has helped, how many people depended on him, and all of the people he never let down. I on the other hand, just created chaos. "You don't deserve a daughter like me, dad. You deserve someone better. But you had to be stuck with me. I'm sorry."

"Darling, don't say that. Your dad was very proud of you. He wanted to give you something. Follow me."

I followed my mom up to my room where my dad's guitar was lying on my bed. He never let anyone play his guitar. It was always his and his alone. It was something very personal to him, and he's given it to me. I couldn't fight back the tears in my eyes.

"Your dad specifically told me to give this to you when you come back. He wanted you to have it. It was very special to him. And he wanted to share it with you."

Music. Music was one of the many things I shared with my dad since I was little. And I'm sure he wouldn't be happy to see me give up on it.

I looked at the side of the neck. There was something written on it. "Life is for living."

I'm not going to waste my time crying over things I can't get back. We are definitely going to make a huge comeback. And I won't do it to get back at Ashlyn. I'm going to do it for my dad, but this time, I'm going to do it right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Third update for the day! Hope you liked it! There will be more drama in the next chapters so stay tuned! Hahaha