Status: Updating. Comments and subscriptions are appreciated!

Blind Ambition

The End

ADRIEN'S POV

I was starting to get my mind off of everything that had happened. Justin said that his friend had volunteered to manage our new band and I like the feeling of getting a fresh start. It's one of the best feelings ever. Add the fact that I'm in a music shop, getting my hands on these glorious new babies.

I started strumming and plucking the strings, zoning out like I usually do when playing the guitar, when a voice makes me stop.

"Hey."

I wasn't brave enough to turn around and face him. Heck, that's why I wrote him that cheesy letter! I'm a coward, a good for nothing piece of shit.

I was stuck. I couldn't do anything. I couldn't face him.

I stood up and went straight outside as fast as I can without even glancing at him. He grabbed my hand, gripped it tight, and pulled me towards him, his arms wrapped tightly around my shoulders. "You fucking idiot," he whispered in my ears, his voice shaky.

Guilt washed over me again. I was caught off guard and I didn't have the strength to push him away. I didn't expect him to hug me, I expected him to beat me up! To make things even worse, I started crying. Oh fuck my life.

He loosened his hold on me but his hands were on my shoulders. I couldn't look at him, I just couldn't. "You really hurt me, you know! It wasn't easy to come here and confront you."

"Why'd you do it then? Didn't you read my letter? I specifically said—"

He cupped my chin with his hand and made me face him. His blue eyes pierced through my eyes, and pain shot through me, making me forget whatever I was about to say. "You want to know why? Because I'm in love with you, Adrien. I've been wanting to tell you since that time in the elevator. But then things happened and I got mad."

"I know, it's all my fault, I'm sorry, can we please just get things over with and move on?"

"Just let me finish okay?" He sighed. "Sure, I got angry. And I'm not entirely sure that I get everything now, that I know everything. But I do know that those times we had together were the happiest I'd been in years. I felt that those were real. Now, I want you to tell me if those were true, Adrien. If you tell me they're not, I promise I'd leave and we can both move on with our lives, as if nothing ever happened. So, what do you say?"

I couldn't even speak. I didn't know what to say. I didn't know what I wanted. Do I even deserve him? No, I didn't. "No," I choked. Did I speak too soon? Was this the right decision?

Tears started welling up in his eyes. The hurt in his eyes was unfathomable and I couldn't bear thinking that I, had once again, caused it. "Alright then," he managed to say. "I guess this is goodbye."

He turned away, and started to walk away from me.

Watching him leave was unbearable. To know that I had hurt him, again, I felt like I was about to break down. Is this really for the best? Would this be for the better? My mind is in chaos right now.

I don't know. But at some exact moment while watching that man walk away from me, my mind thinking of what could have been, I knew. I was willing to take a chance. I made a mistake once, I'm not going to blindly make another one.

I ran after him. "Garrett," I yelled. I caught up with him, and now it was my turn to pull him towards me. I put my hands on the back of his neck, and kissed him, and I swear, never in a million years did I ever think of doing that.

Then he started kissing me back, gently, our lips slowly colliding, moving together. I felt him smiling and as we broke the kiss, tears started falling from my eyes again. "I love you, Garrett, I really do, and I'm really sorry—"

He looked me straight in the eye, wiped the tears off my face and kissed me again.

No words could ever describe that moment. In fact, no words were needed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have to be honest with you guys. I really lost connection with this story so I went and finished it already which is why things might seem to have quickly changed. I'm really sorry. And again, studying college to become an engineer is not an easy task so I haven't had the time to update and write. I'm really sad because there was a point in time when I really didn't know what to do anymore so I'm really sorry for disappointing you. We're on a break now and I'm thinking of new stories to write so hopefully you'd still try and read the new stuff I'll be posting.