Status: Updating. Comments and subscriptions are appreciated!

Blind Ambition

The Plan

ADRIEN'S POV

I woke up a few hours later, still tired. "Good morning," John said. There were only 2 of the guys so the others were probably still asleep.

"Nice pajamas," Garrett said with a laugh. "May I ask, why did you sleep on the couch? It is just one of your quirks or habits? Sleeping on the couch when there's a perfectly functional bed? "

I sat up and pushed off the blanket. Before answering him. Wait. I didn't sleep with a blanket. Did I? No, I didn't. I think. Whatever.

"Well, when I entered the room, Ashlyn was already drunk and fast asleep and I didn't know how to get up to my bunk without smashing her arms with my feet so I decided to sleep here." I looked at his pajamas and saw that he had spiderman pajamas on. I laughed. "Nice pajamas too, man."

"You should have just told us. There's a ladder right beside the bunk." John said, laughing.

"Well I didn't see that last night. Great." I am such an idiot. "The couch is pretty comfortable so no problem." I smiled.

"But make sure you'll sleep on a bed later," he told me.

"Yes mother," I answered.

"Anyway, breakfast?" John said with a grin, holding up boxes of Frosties and Cap'n Crunch.

"Ooh, Frosties." I walked over and took a bowl. I was beginning to feel comfortable around these guys and it was better.

"Are you seriously picking Frosties over Cap'n Crunch? Are kidding me?" Garrett said in disbelief.

"Uh yeah, isn't it obvious?" I said while pouring some into a bowl.

"Cap'n Crunch is like the best cereal ever made and you're picking sugar-covered cornflakes?"

I was taken aback by his reaction. It was so funny that I couldn't stop myself from laughing. "I'm sorry I offended you, jeez. And you call me weird." I continued eating my cereal.

"You're fucking kidding me," John said with a laugh. "You're not going to start an argument about which cereal is better, are you?"

"No," Garrett said. "I was just testing you," he told me with a lopsided grin.

I laughed. "Right," I said, looking straight at him. I pretended to know what he was talking about. "I surely understand."

"I was testing if you weren't hungover 'cause last night, you looked pretty drunk to me," he said. "If you were hungover, you would've shoved the box inside my throat or broken a bowl or something."

"That was just me. Now if you won't stop rubbing it in my face, I'm going to flush you precious cereals down the toilet."

He put his hand over his heart dramatically, like he was having a heart attack or something. Then he cracked up.

"Well that was completely pointless," John commented, leaving us behind to go watch some TV. "Congratulations Garrett, you found someone who's as weird as you are," he joked as he sat on the couch I was previously asleep on. Garrett gave me a thumbs up and smiled.

I looked up at Garrett and saw his face up close. I noticed a small bruise on his nose. "I'm sorry about your nose."

He shrugged. "It's fine. It'll just go away some time."

"I sure do hope so. I couldn't live with the guilt that I, Adrien Sidney, a mere girl, blemished the face of the Garrett Nickelsen!" I said dramatically. It was all sarcastic though.

"Okay, enough nonsense," Garrett said. "I think it's time—"

"Good morning friends!" Ashlyn greeted us, cutting Garrett off.

"She's in a good mood for someone with a hangover," I told Garrett.

"I have an extreme headache and it's killing me," she said. She clutched her head then looked straight at Garrett's direction with puppy dog eyes. "Would you please hand me a bowl?" she asked him.

He smiled. "Here you go."

I smirked then jumped off the chair. Good, Ashlyn's plan is working. She'd have less time to torture us.

I decided to take a shower while Ashlyn flirts with Mr. Cap'n Crunch over at the eating area. I took a pair of knee-length shorts and a t-shirt with a peace sign on it.

I shower pretty fast. I don't put on those facial creams and stuff like other girls do. So when I came out, I was surprised to see that Ashlyn was already done eating and was waiting outside the bathroom door.

"I know what you're doing Adrien," she said, her tone serious.

I didn't even know what she's talking about. "Um, I think I'm trying to get past you so I can walk to our room?"

She looked at me, her perfectly formed eyebrow higher than the other. "Don't pretend like you don't know it, you manipulative bitch. You're obviously trying to get Garrett to fall for you before I do."

I was in utter disbelief. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"I saw you yesterday at the bar. And a while ago. You looked pretty cozy to me."

"Sure, 'cause talking about Cap'n Crunch and Frosties is a serious criminal offense and is an obvious way of flirting."

She rolled her eyes. "Whatever. But if you don't stop acting all close with Garrett," she took a step closer, "You can kiss your dreams goodbye."

"So, am I not allowed to make friends now?" I asked. "'Cause honestly, he's all yours. I don't even plan on making any move. I don't have time for that kind of stuff. Plus, I'm not exactly a girl who people easily fall in love with," I said.

She paused for a moment. "Wait," she said, holding her index finger up, "I have an idea."

Oh no, this isn't going to be good.

"Okay, here's the deal. You can be friends with whoever you like but you have to tell them how great I am," she said. "That will make it easier for me to make Garrett fall for me without even doing anything!" she exclaimed.

You want me to lie? I wanted to say. But it wasn't wise to mess with Ashlyn especially since she has a hangover. "What if I don't want to do it?" I asked.

"Then you can pack up your bags and go home. I'm sure my dad can find a replacement who's as good as you or even better," she said as she put her hands on her hips.

I groaned in frustration. "Okay, what do you want me to do?"

"First, you have to stop acting all cool 'cause I think they're liking you."

"That wasn't acting," I said in a steady tone.

"Whatever," she said, "But it's what seems to make Garrett smile so you're going to teach me." She paused for a while. "Wait, no, that's too much work. You just tell them how perfect I am, just as simple as that. And stop talking about you."

"Fine, whatever."

This was a mess waiting to be unleashed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Forgive me, I know this chapter's lame but I'm starting to think that I'm not really a good writer. Lol, I knew I wasn't a great writer even before but I just wanted to share my ideas so please don't hate me. Hahaha, I don't even know where this story's going, I'm just kind of letting the words flow. Omg self-doubt, please leave me alone.

Oh, and I wrote a chapter or 2 in Garrett's POV but I'm not sure if I should add it to the story. Comments please? It would surely help and I'd definitely appreciate it.

Thanks to my 2 non-silent readers!
idgafsohardrn, wow thanks! I didn't think someone would like this, to tell you the truth. :)))) I will keep updating, but don't expect awesomeness.
sighnomore, thanks a lot! I'm sorry about the rambles on the last chapters, I just thought it would show Adrien's character a bit.

Oh, and since I'm new here, I kind of suck at editing layouts and and my cover doesn't show up on the top part of the whole thing and it's annoying so I just made the cover the background. So please, if any of you know how to make it appear, please tell me. Omg, I know, I'm a loser4lyfe.