Status: Updating. Comments and subscriptions are appreciated!

Blind Ambition

Guitar Hero

ADRIEN'S POV

After talking to Ashlyn, I went straight to the guys who were hanging out in the lounge which was at the back part of the bus. They were watching some TV and playing Guitar Hero. I leaned on the doorframe and watched them.

"You guys suck!" Garrett yelled then laughed triumphantly. "Come on, you're in a band and you suck at Guitar Hero?!"

"You were just lucky," Pat told him before slumping his body on the beanbag. "And we should've played Rock Band. I play drums, not guitar."

"That's not luck, that's what you call skill. And as much as I love Rock Band, Tim said we couldn't bring the drums 'cause it would take up too much space."

"Okay, if you say it's skill, why don't you beat Adrien here," John said, putting his arm around my shoulders. "I think you'd be good. You're a guitarist after all."

I hesitated. "Oh, no, I'm not that good," I lied. Okay, I'm not exactly the world champion at this but I'm pretty great at video games, especially at Guitar Hero and Tekken. I might not look like it, but I can surely whoop some butts.

"Oh come on," Jared said. "You exude awesomeness through your skin."

I looked at Jared and laughed, shaking my head. "No, really, I'm not good." I'm great. Haha just kidding. Forgive my big ego.

"You guys should be worried. Adrien's a video game addict ever since we were kids," Justin told them.

I looked at him and made a shut the hell up face. He snickered.

"Just show us what you got," Kennedy said.

"Yeah, but you know, be ready to lose 'cause let's be honest," Garrett said, "Boys are better than girls when it comes to video games."

That was it. Oh no, he didn't. I couldn't let this guy win. I wouldn't. "Oh really?" I took a step closer. "Let's just see. If I win, you'll take what you said back and accept that girls can be as good as, if not better than, boys at video games. Oh, and you tweet about that."

"I wouldn't want to see you cry 'cause you lost so just leave it to those who are really good." He ruffled his hair.

I sniffed. "Is that fear that I smell? Is it just because you're scared you'll get beaten by a girl? Besides, I said I wasn't good so why won't you show me what good really is?"

He smirked then took a step closer until the gap between us was only a few inches long. "Bring it."

"Gladly," I said with a smile. I took the guitar and slung it on my shoulder. Garrett did the same.

"You choose the song, ladies first," he said with a little bow. "But I have to warn you, no matter what song you choose, you'd lose."

I smirked and ignored his warning. "Oh no, I don't even know how to use this. You go choose."

"Fine." He browsed through the song list on the screen and I saw his blue eyes light up. "This, this is nice." He looked at me and winked.

I looked at the others and saw Justin and Philip whispering something to Pat, John, Jared, and Kennedy.

"Okay," I said. The song was familiar. I heard it before but I think I only played it on Guitar Hero once or twice before. "Let's do this."

The first guitar notes slid down the screen and I pressed the buttons effortless. I have to admit though, Garrett was great. Well, what do you expect from a bass player. I have yet to meet a bass player with short fingers. He was a good player but I was better. Okay, I'm unusually arrogant today, but I just don't want people generalizing girls. I mean, girls are awesome, am I right or am I right?

Halfway through the song, Garrett already missed a few notes while I still didn't. "Hey, no fair, you said you weren't good!" he said when he saw my score.

"Well, I said I wasn't good but I didn't say I was great," I said when the song was finished. I won. Haha.

"I knew it!" John yelled. "Come on Pat, pay up."

"You betted against me?!" Garrett asked John.

"Well, we all did. Pat was the only one who said you'd win," he told Garrett with a big grin across his face.

I looked straight at Garrett. "Ha!" I gloated.

"Wow, thanks people I called my friends. I hate you all," he joked.

"And I love you all," I said. "Except you, Pat," I said with a serious expression. "Just kidding," I laughed.

"Thanks Pat, you're a true friend." Then he glared at the others. They all laughed.

"Well, you're like my bestie, my BFF for L," Pat said with a laugh. Garrett smiled and we all laughed.

"Awww," I said. "Now, take back what you said, you sexist guy."

"Aww, you think I'm sexy?" he said.

"I said sexist you dumbass."

He gave up. "Fine, girls can sometimes be better than guys at videogames."

"Girls can be extremely better at video games," Kennedy corrected.

I smirked. "Right on," I told Kennedy with a wink.

"Whatever. I wasn't prepared." He glared at me.

"Not my fault." I held up my hands in denial. "And I will be waiting for that tweet," I said with a triumphant smile.

"Next time, you could have warned me," he said.

"Well, you were too keen on winning that I didn't want to burst your bubble," I told him.

"Shut up," he said with a smile. "Still, you were great." He held out his hand.

I shook it. "Thanks."

"But I need a rematch," he said.

"Fine. But this time, don't embarrass yourself," I said with a wink. "It's not good for your image."

He smirked. "Oh I won't."

We played Guitar Hero for a few hours until it was time to go for lunch. We went outside and went to a nearby restaurant. The guys from A Rocket To The Moon joined us since they were best of friends according to Pat, or something like that. I knew who they were since the guys couldn't shut up about them in the bus so without even any introductions, I knew their names already.

"Hey, what's up dude," John greeted Eric Halvorsen who was waiting outside the restaurant. He was the guy who seemed like he breathed through his mouth. Honestly, I think it's difficult to do that. I mean, every time someone farts, it's like you're eating the carbon dioxide if you breathe through your mouth. It's like eating poop.

"I'm good," he said. "I see you have some new friends."

"Well, their not exactly new. We went to school with Justin and Philip," he told them.

"Oh, right! I think I remember!" Eric said.

"And these are Ashlyn and Adrien. They're the singer and guitarist of the band Headline Vision."

He held out his hand and smiled. "You were the ones the guys were talking about back at the bus, the new band who was awesome at the first show."

"Wow, thanks," Ashlyn said with a smile. I just smiled and nodded.

"Come on, let's eat. The others are inside."

We followed him and I was surprised when I felt someone tap my shoulder. It was Ashlyn. "What?" I asked.

"Did you start already?"

"Start what?"

"The thing I told you about."

"No, but I'm planning to."

"Okay, just don't fuck this up."

"Yeah yeah," I said absentmindedly. Whatever.

We met the others from ARTTM and were introduced to them. They were nice and they seemed to have a lot in common with The Maine. John and Eric have been friends since they were young. So that was why some people on the Internet make them a couple or something.

We ate pizza and pasta and it was heavenly. I didn't eat something last night so I was really hungry. I probably looked like a deranged maniac while I ate but who cares. I'm famished.

"Hey, slow down, would you," Ashlyn whispered.

I saw that the others were all eating fast. I mean, they were guys, they always eat like that. "Why?"

"Because you're embarrassing me."

"What? Why?"

"Just slow down," she said, her eyes serious.

"Fine." I attempted to slow down but I couldn't once I saw the gelato the waiter put in front of me. Oh this is a great day! I finished almost instantly and took a spoonful of gelato. It was pure dairy goodness.

"Someone's hungry," Garrett said. He was seated beside Ashlyn.

"Look who's talking," I motioned towards his cup which was filled with even more gelato than mine was.

"Well, your cup was wider than mine," he said.

I stuck out my tongue at him. "Don't talk to me, I'm busy," I told him. Ashlyn looked at me and kicked my leg under the table. "Um, talk to Ashlyn, you have lots in common!" I said with a little too much enthusiasm. Yeah right, the only thing they have in common is that they're humans. And that I'm still doubting.

Ashlyn looked at him and gave him a smile that could melt the ice caps at the North Pole. I don't even know if that made sense. "So," she started. "Do you happen to have a girlfriend?"

"Um, nope, I haven't found the right one yet. I broke with my first girlfriend last year and I haven't seen anyone since."

"Maybe I could change that," she said. I almost barfed but I shoved more gelato in my mouth. If she wanted to get Garrett to fall for her, she needed more work than I thought. As I've learned last night, Garrett wasn't exactly the flirty type. He said so himself. But still, we can't be sure. I looked at Garrett sideways and saw him ruffling his hair and smiling awkwardly.

I continued eating my ice cream while the flirt fest continued beside me. I didn't mind them, I was eating frozen treats for crying out loud. Let them do their business while I do mine.

Ooh, good thing I'm not lactose intolerant. That would've been tragic.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to RosieRawr, I'll definitely try to do that. :D