Status: Keep or Kill???

Love Me

004

My eyes fluttered open as an unfocused bright light hit my face with a furious brightness as if it were demanding I get up. Groaning I pulled the covers over my head not ready to face the world yet but as if on cue the irritating beeping of my alarm sounded as if it where working with the sun to rip away the happiness I felt burrowing in the warmness of my bed.

“Fine! I get it I’m up.” I roared out after having enough of the annoying beeps filling my room and echoing in my head. I slammed my hand down on the head of my alarm clock willing the hate of being wakened up to crash it into tiny pieces that couldn’t be repaired. Yes, it is now safe to say I am not a Monring person. I groaned once again as I pulled the covers off only to get nipped at by the icy January air. Shivering I placed my feet on the cozy carpet covering the floor of my room and walked sluggishly to the bathroom across the hall, I had to start the day whether I liked it or not.
>>>>>>>
After finishing my cereal I placed the bowl in the sink and walked out of the kitchen heading to my room to get my phone. Once I get closer to my room I heard the faint sound of all about us playing, informing me that Carter was calling and/or texting me. Reaching my room I grasped my phone from the same spot on the wooden desk I had carelessly thrown it on last night when I got home. I looked down clicking the open text box and read-

be there in 10 -Carter

Smiling at the site of his name I texted back a quick okay and went to see if my brother needed anything before I left. Heading to the room exactly next to mind I opened the door slowly to see if he was awake or not. I got the answer when I heard his soft breaths ease out at a steady unchanging pace and his still form wrapped up in blankets. Walking over to his small seven year-old form I bent down and shuck him lightly careful not to scare him. His eyes fluttered open focusing on me to locate the intruder that had woken him. His face relaxed when he saw my face rather than somebody he didn’t know.

“Good Morning sleeping prince, have any good dreams?” I moved my fingers delicately into the shape of an h trying not to sign to fast as I gave Lucas his morning greeting like usually, knowing if I were to speak my words would fall on death ears. He smiled lightly as he watched my fingers move seeming to wake up a little more.

“I didn’t dream last night but I still had a good sleep, how’d you sleep Levi?” He moved his fragile fingers signing back a replay finger spelling his whole sentence to warm up his and for the day. He tossed in the nickname he gave me at the end with a shy smile on his face. I smiled back and kissed his forehead pulling away to sign my reply.

“I didn’t dream either little Lucas but it was a nice sleep.” I signed back changing his words a little. “I have to go to school soon, my boyfriend and his sister are coming by to pick me up so I can’t stay and talk any longer. Bye!” I signed quickly knowing he would get everything I signed in my hast to make sure I wasn’t running late and wasting gas. Standing I tried to leave but his small fist locked on to my shirt. Turning around I saw a look of pure distress on the small child’s face.

“Is your boyfriend more imported than me?!” He signed frantically as if when I left his room I would forget about him. I saw tears well up in his large eyes and felt guilty for trying to leave like I did.

“No never! Nothing could be more imported than you so don’t even doubt that.” I signed slowly to make sure he could see through his tear filled eyes. He nodded hugging my waist while letting out silent sobs. I hugged back sad that his heart was so fragile he had it broken far too many times already. The buzz of my phone broke the silent and reminded me I still had school to attain. I slipped my cell from the spot where it snugly laid in my pocket and gashed at the time. Pulling away from Lucas I smiled down at him and signed a quick I have to school and I love you as I rushed to the door. I made it the front door quickly as I ran down the stairs only tripping three times. I looked down trying to find my backpack only to spot a huge tear stain on my shirt I graded my bag and a shirt Carter left over that was on the coat rack slipping it on as I walked out the front door just in time. I thanked god for my luckiness with a huge grin on my face as I opened the door to Carter’s car and slipped in. Leaning over I gave him a quick peck and said hey to his younger sister seated in the back looking rather unhappy as she forced a smile my way. I had to spend those three years it took Lucas to learn sign language reading his facial expressions and moments just to know what he wanted. I was a pro well at least pro enough to tell when some ones faking it. When she looked away I gave Carter another quick kiss after I pulled back I mouthed I missed you. If you wanted to know what it was like kissing Carter it wasn’t anything special. There were no sparks, no fireworks, or heart racing giving off the filling it was going to beat out of my chest. It was just a press of skin to skin but he had a way of putting all the love he felt for me into a small moment of flesh against flesh. And that was enough to make me come back for more. He smiled loving at me and I melted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if this sucked
I was half asleep when I wrote this so...
here's something no one cares about I love Lucas
I think he's cute ^_^