Status: ...is born.

Aplomb

Prologue

The music from the piano flowed on from the piano to around the dance studio. Each note hung in the air until the next just as beautiful note joined it. It flowed on and on in continuity, not a single rest heard. If only it were coming from a real piano rather than a radio, one could really enjoy the beauty. Sadly, that is all the sole person in the room had at the moment.

It was nearly twelve midnight yet there were no signs of stopping anytime soon. Not all the lights in the studio were on, causing shadows to play in the corners. They moved around almost as graceful as the owner of said shadows.

Her dirty blonde hair was fixed into a tight bun with not a strand out of place. Her ivory skin was free of a tan and she was clothed in a simple black leotard, baby pink tights, and matching pointes to finish it off.

She moved around the room with such grace and finesse. Her poise was impeccable, her face was calm and relaxed, her arms, hands, and fingers moved slowly and precisely like a soft breeze, her legs moved defiantly with each muscle doing its job. To top everything of, she balanced on her toes as she danced. She painted a picture with her movements.

As the song reached its climax, the movements became more complex and challenging. The steps came and went faster than ever. Concentration and focus played such an important role at this very moment. She transitioned from an arabesque penchee with a pas de bourree to a petits battements before finally doing a Brise.

Such devotion and determination was needed to master the steps in the speed necessary that even the slightest distraction could ruin it. Even the slightest slam of the door can distract the dancer if she is not completely focused. Sadly, she had a lot on her mind that didn’t want to leave.

She fell to the floor and an obnoxious thump echoed throughout the room. There was nothing wrong with falling though because only through that can you stand up again and become better. The problem with this fall was that she couldn’t get back up and with that everything closed down on her and she felt like she was suffocating.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a new story of mine. Although my other one is still active, I can't seem to let the ideas flow. I have began another one as an outlet of relief. Hopefully, you like this chapter and will comment. Please read and wait for it to develop. Thank you. :)