When Did Your Heart Go Missing?

Part 1

I stared at the clock on the wall impatiently. I tapped the table with my pencil. My leg shook insanely. I sighed again. It's unbelievable how dull and annoying things can be when the last test of the year is on a Friday. And right before lunch.

I looked to the seat on my left. My friend, Mikey, was trying his best to stay awake. His mousy brown hair was messily covering his eyes, as he would be nodding suddenly every now and then. His glasses had fallen on his desk from the constant avoiding falling asleep. I smiled at him.

"Hey, Mikey," I whispered, hoping the teacher wouldn't hear me. Mikey turned his lanky body towards me completely, his hazel eyes wide in yet another attempt to stay awake.

"Yeah?" he said with a yawn.

"Just go to sleep," I told him. He nodded, turned his body back around and immediately fell asleep on his desk.

"I don't understand why we can't just leave," Remi whispered from behind me. I turned and saw her messing with her bleach blond hair. "Only one person hasn't finished the damn test."

She stared at me with bored blue eyes.

"I think we should follow Mikey's example," Frank said from beside her. Ah, Frank. My bestest friend in the whole wide world. What? Can't a fourteen-year-old girl say lame-ass things like that?

"I told him to just sleep because he was dying to," I whispered back. "But there's only five minutes left of cla-"

I was interrupted by a ruler hitting Mikey's desk with an echoing 'swack!' No, I do not like using words like that. Mikey's head shot up.

"George Washington!" he yelled. We all laughed. This was history class.

"Class isn't for sleeping, Michael!" The teacher practically yelled this. "Bed is! If you're planning on sleeping, then get out of my room!"

Mikey stood up and made it towards the door.

"Tell it to her, Mikey!" Frank said.

"Class is over anyway," Mikey said with a yawn. As if on cue, the bell rang. All of us 'freshmen' stood from our desks, papers going everywhere like in those lame teen movies.

"Don't forget to come to school the next two weeks!" That teacher was always yelling. "It's still counts as school, people!"

Frank, Remi and I ran out of the room as quickly as possible. Mikey was miles ahead, so we didn't bother to follow him.

I should introduce myself, huh? There's not much to say except that my name is Layla. I am sarcastic and hopeless. I'm a fourteen-year-old freshman at Belleville High School in New Jersey. My hair is normally multi-colored, as are my eyes, and I'm only looking for one thing in life right now: love. You may think it's a young age but...it's honestly not. It's just that...my relationships never work out. Not even the one I'm in now.

"Laylaaaa!" Frank said suddenly. I looked at him. He was smiling like a moron and had one of his tattoo-covered arms around Remi's shoulders.

I forgot to mention they're dating. It's irrelevant information, though.

"What do you want?" I said somewhat coldly. I always got angry when those two showed any amount of PDA. I don't know why...

"Oh, sorry, I didn't know I was that annoying." Frank said this in a baby voice, with a pout appearing on his pale face and his hazel eyes looking almost...watery.

Just so you know, not that it's that important, Frank, Remi and I are roughly the same height: short. Frank is about an inch taller than me and I am about an inch taller than Remi. You couldn't tell the difference but Remi is a relatively short girl.

"It's not you," I told Frank, trying to ignore the fact that Remi was messing with his black hair. "I'm just pissed that we had to go through that stupid test with eight school days left."

"Yeah, that test was dumb," Remi piped in. She was always interrupting me when I talked with Frank. She tapped his nose ring. He smiled down at her but pulled his head away from her anyway. That made me smile.

"Would that even count in our grades?" Frank directed this rhetorical question to me but before I could answer, Remi distracted him. She tapped his lip ring and touched his lip as she slowly brought her face closer to his.

I never much liked her after she started dating him. She just seems like such a bitch sometimes. Just because I've known him since we were three and she's known him since we were twelve. Can you say trust issues?

I ignored the cute kissing couple and made my way to the cafeteria. Much to my surprise, the food is actually okay here. But that's only because every day, we give Mikey's elder brother, Gerard, and our other senior friend, Ray, money to get us decent outside food. Only juniors and seniors are allowed off campus on a daily basis.

I saw Gerard, Ray, Mikey and my other friends Bob and Kelsey on our usual table at the end of the cafeteria. I waved at them and quickly made my way towards them.
I sat beside Mikey, who was snoring on table.

"Was that test that boring?" Kelsey asked in disbelief, staring at Mikey in amusement.

"Yes," I stated. Gerard laughed.

"That's the brother I know and love," he said, poking his brother lightly. Mikey didn't even stir slightly.

"Where are the happy couple?" Ray asked.

"Probably eating each others' faces," Bob stated. I rolled my eyes.

Eating. Each others'. Faces.

And we thought they lied to us when they said this high school wouldn't be disappointing!
♠ ♠ ♠
This is one of the stories I'm transferring from Quizilla. I hope it's as somewhat-popular on here as it was on there ;] and I hope you like! Commentcommentcomment...