When Did Your Heart Go Missing?

Part 21

Back at Gerard's little sliver car, we breathed abnormally, laughing all at the same time.

"That was crazy," Kelsey breathed.

"Where's Mikey?" Bob asked.

"Holy shit," Gerard said. "How do I explain to mom that Mikey sneaked out of the house while he was grounded just to get arrested for being in a food fight at the mall?"

"I heard that!" Mikey's voice said from somewhere behind us. We all laughed. I fell to the floor..."dramatically". Frank fell next to me.

"You still mad at me?" he asked. I wiped some ketchup off my shirt and put it on his nose.

"No," I said softly. But I do need to get away from you.

I couldn't understand the way Frank made me feel. He made me feel...whole. At ease. And just so happy that I start to realize that its not normal. But somehow, that's all a good thing.

But it shouldn't be. I can't let it happen...

"Are the eight of us expected to fit in your car, Gerard?" I heard Sarah's voice say.

"Yes," Gerard said. "Either that or we all get arrested."

Almost automatically, everyone stormed into the car. Frank hovered over me, his hand extended out. I grabbed it, ignoring that stupid tingly feeling I felt from his slightest touch...

In the car, Sarah was sat on Ray. Kelsey was sat on Bob. Gerard sat behind the wheel and Mikey sat in the passenger's seat. There was only space for one more person.

"See, Mikey? He really is stealing your girl. Now she has to sit on him."

Mikey hit his brother for teasing him. And I wondered, Why are they always teasing Mikey like that? About me? It couldn't be...

Did he like me?

Frank went inside and patted his lap, smirking.

"It's not too far a walk," I said.

"Its three miles," Mikey said.

"Yeah, I need the exercise."

The car was full of laughter. Frank grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me inside. I sighed but smiled none the less as he closed the door. I couldn't help the butterflies in my stomach anymore.

"Hey, Layla?" Gerard said.

"Mm?" I said.

"Would you date Mikey?"

Frank laughed. Everyone else tried not to. My eyes went wide.

This is not good...

It wasn't bad enough I liked Frank. That I felt more comfortable then nervous in his lap. But Mikey liking me? He's sweet and all but...

"Mikey, do you like me?" I asked. The car went dead quiet. Mikey sighed.

"No," he said, "I do not."

"You sure?"

"Yes, I am sure."

"Then why the fuck are you guys always teasing him?"

"You'd look cute together!" Ray said.

"Besides," Gerard said, "Mikey's been single for quite a while."

"Will I get in too much trouble for killing my brother?" Mikey mumbled.

"I've been asking myself that since the day you were born, Mikey," Gerard retorted. We all laughed again.

"Can not...survive...one...more...day."

I laughed at Mikey.

"You're exaggerating, Mikey," I told him.

It was last period on Tuesday. The last day of school was Wednesday. All everyone ever did was sit around and do...nothing. But why was I so happy? I have seven great friends, my mom hasn't yelled at me in days, Rodney and Remi are out of my life, and it's almost summer.

That's why.

One problem, though: I can't stop thinking about Frank. And being the subconscious flirt I am, I couldn't stop flirting with him either. He might've flirted back, but I didn't notice those things.

I sighed and looked at the table next to me; the one Frank and Mikey shared. They'd both fallen asleep. I laughed helplessly. I grabbed a pencil from the table and put the eraser side in Frank's ear. His head shot up so quickly; it hit Mikey's.

"Ow!" they both said, rubbing their heads. I laughed again.

"You little bitch," Mikey muttered.

"Excuse me?" I said.

"I believe he said 'you little bitch'," Frank retorted, grinning. "And I have a plan. The second that bell rings, we tackle her."

"No!" I practically yelled. Too late. They were both staring at me mischievously. The bell rang.

I'm screwed now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. That's it. No more from me >.< ^_^ <3

BTW, chapters 22 and 23 will kill you ;]