When Did Your Heart Go Missing?

Part 29

12:42.

My head ached from talking to Remi and Rodney. Just to get it straight, I'll make a mental list of what I now know:

1. Rodney dated me, and Remi dated Frank, to make each other jealous...but they cheated on us anyway.

2. They dated us to make us realize we like each other. (Which kind of worked but was still cruel.)

3. They treated us the way they did because they are vindictive ass holes that feed off of they're prey's torture.

It's nice to know I'll have a true reason to hate them both for three more years. They fucking deserve each other. I will not mention them again. They do not matter; they are not worth it. I promise. I will stop...now. When I count to three.

One...two...three!

12:43.

It's the end of fifth period. The bell will ring as a symbol of our freedom in two minutes. I look around. Every single person in the room-- including the nervously-tapping-on-the-desk teacher-- was gaping at the clock. We all wanted one thing: a break. And, dammit, we were finally getting it.

I look at Mikey. He stops gaping at the clock on the wall long enough to give me a small smile. Then I look to my left at Frank. He turned to me, grins, kisses me lightly on the cheek, and turns back to the clock. (I loved feeling his lips on my skin.) We're all such losers, gaping at the clock as if we were turkeys and it was raining.

12:44. 60 more seconds

"I'd like to tell you something, class."

We all groan. The teacher decides to speech us with 60 seconds left of the school year.

"It's nothing, really," he says defensively. Then why bother us? "Just reminding you to do your summer reading. And enjoy your summer. Be safe."

Summer reading? Yeah, right.

45 seconds.

I look to my right and grab Mikey's hand. He looked at me and gave me a shy smile. Than I looked at Frank. He turned to me with a huge grin before I got the chance to grab his hand. He kissed me on the cheek again. (I'll never get tired of that.) Then he gave me his hand.

25 seconds.

I squeezed Mikey's and Frank's hands. They squeezed back.

20 seconds.

There was shuffling as people stood from their seats. We all stood at our rows, ready to make a run for it.

10 seconds.

Whispers and murmurs. I squeeze my friends' hands harder. We survived our first year of hell. Once I'm out that door, nothing and no one will matter. Only my friends.

(But I obviously think of Frank as more than a friend, no matter how I try to lie to myself about it.)

5 more seconds. 4...3...2...

AND THE BELL RINGS! THE SOUND OF SWEET REDEMPTION!

People whistle and scream and cheer as they run. Mikey, Frank and I ran hand-in-hand down the halls. For once, we had something in common with the hundreds of other teenagers around us. We wanted out. It was funny how immature and excited I felt. Mikey and Frank used their free hands to push the door open for the three of us. The sun. It's only acknowledged in the months of the summer.

Jeez, I'm dramatic.

We run onto the grass. Mikey falls on the ground, smiling. Frank wraps his arms around my waist, picks me up, and spins me. I don't tell him to let go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hee, hee. A bit of a filler, I know. But don't you wish you could run down the halls on the last day of school, holding Mikey and Frank's hands? I sure as hell do. XD

<3