When Did Your Heart Go Missing?

Part 32

It was sort of funny.

Sarah didn't drink because Sarah, the angel, doesn't drink "at this age". Ray didn't drink enough to get wasted because he felt bad about Sarah. Mikey didn't drink too much because Gerard was on his way to getting completely wasted. Kelsey and Bob joined Gerard. When Gerard offered Frank a drink, he said, "I'm not drinking anything. I don't want Layla to feel uncomfortable."

I was surprised and flattered.

For the passed few hours, we'd been listening to mixed CDs, talking, yelling, dancing. We never did watch that movie. Kelsey and Bob had gone upstairs a long time ago. We all knew what they were doing because...we could hear them. Mikey was being totally immature about it, covering his ears. Gerard kept toasting to his friend, "the guy that's getting laid as we drink!" After a while of doing virtually nothing, Sarah found a game of Sorry! in a closet. We were taking turns playing on the floor.

We are so mature, I know.

After a while, I finally lost. Frank and I were the only ones not playing. Gerard kept chugging his drink. I stood and walked over to the couch, not wanting to see one of my best friends drunk. I'd realized he wasn't the angry drunk but...

I hugged my legs to my chest and fit my tiny body into the couch. I stared at my converse-covered feet.

"Hey." I looked up. Frank gave me a small smile as he sat beside me on the couch.

"Hey," I said to him.

"What's wrong?"

"Gerard is alcoholic material. I don't like it."

Frank grabbed my hand and held it. I let go of my legs.

"Bet you the next song's by Green Day," he whispered, gladly changing the subject when I needed him to. I smiled.

"I bet it's not," I said.

"Oh? What do you want if you win?"

I smiled and figured I'd win anyway so...

"Ten dollars," I said with a shrug.

"Only?" Frank said, sounding amazed. "Because what I wanted is...a little more valuable."

What?

I looked up at him with a shocked expression. He laughed.

"What is it?" I asked nervously. He brought his lips dangerously close to my ear.

"A kiss."

I froze.

"I'm not doing it," I said. Frank pulled his hand away from mine.

"It won't hurt anyone," he said softly, looking and sounding almost...disapointed.

"I'm not doing it."

"Fine."

"Fine."

I listened eagerly as the song we were listening to came to a slow stop. I sighed in relief when Motorhead's Ace of Spades began.

"You owe me ten bucks," I said proudly, holding my open hand out to Frank. He smirked.

"But the bet is off," he said. One of my eyebrows raised. "You said you wouldn't kiss me. The contract is null and void. Sorry."

I hit his arm.

"Tell ya what," he said, laughing. "I'll give you the ten dollars. But if the next song is by Green Day, you must kiss me."

I felt nervous.

"You gonna force me, Iero?" I asked. He smirked.

"If it is necessary...and I won't go to jail. Yes."

I laughed.

"Fine," I stated. There was such a small chance the next song was by Green Day anyway. Frank reached into his pocket and pulled out a ten-dollar bill. I snatched it from him. He chuckled.

I listened eagerly as Ace of Spades came to an end and the next song started. I heard a familiar bass line and my heart accelerated. My stomach felt as if it weren't even there.

"Sit around and watch the tube but nothing's on.
Change the channels for an hour or two."


I looked up at Frank. He held a blank expression.

"Longview," I whispered.

"I noticed," he said. He brought his hand to my cheek and leaned down. I hated it. I loved it. It felt like electricity when his lips pressed softly against mine. He was being so gentle. Almost careful. He opened his mouth slightly, his tongue sliding into my own mouth...

"Go Frankie!" Gerard slurred loudly. I forced myself to pull away from Frank. Mikey, Ray, Sarah and Gerard applauded.

"Finally!" Sarah said.

"Congratulations," Ray said with a laugh, high-fiving both the Way brothers.

I wasn't paying attention. I was too fazed by what Frank said,

"You're just going to keep rejecting me, aren't you?"
♠ ♠ ♠
*in heavy Spanish accent* Wow, Frankie got some COJONES for doing that! XD

I'm sorry I didn't update sooner but I've been sick >.< Seriously. I thought I was going to die D:

Btw, I don't like Motorhead XD I checked them out, I do not like them. Just didn't know what else to put... Do love Longview, though.

HEY! Who bought the Umbrella Academy #6 today?! I will hate you...forever... ^_^

Ah, I've already said too much but does BBCodes have strikethrough? OH and bad sh*t starts to happen here...

*zippers up mouth...runs to post 33*

<3