When Did Your Heart Go Missing?

Part 39

I laughed hysterically at the faces Sarah and Kelsey made. I sat down in between them.

"You're...you're not serious?" Sarah asked carefully.

"Oh, I'm totally serious," I told her, trying my hardest to muster a serious expression. Then, she gave me another one of those "holy fuck" looks and I laughed.

"As in, in the same bed and fully clothed," I said, clutching onto my stomach from all the laughing. They both sighed.

"Don't ever do that to me again," Kelsey breathed. "I nearly had a heart attack."

I smiled.

"But, seriously, what happened?" says Sarah. "Frank told us what happened with your mom and that you really broke down..."

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair in frustration. But I told them everything. Everything my mom said, her almost killing Frank, almost killing me...in true best friend fashion, they wrapped their arms around me and urged me to go on but only if I could. But I kept going. I told them about the cut on my back, Frank carrying me to his house, taking off his shirt to hide the fact that I was bleeding from his mom... I showed them the cut that was sure to scar-over.

And every passing second made me more and more miserable.

Then I told them about the bathroom thing...

"Oh my God, are you serious?" Sarah said excitedly. I nod and muster a smile. "That's so...so..."

"Arousing," suggests Kelsey, smirking.

"Romantic!" Sarah says excitedly, almost swooning.

"Sexy."

"Passionate."

"Tasty."

"Arousing works. Don't see why it's tasty."

"It is."

"Is not."

"Fine. But sexy works."

"Yeah, sexy works."

I laughed helplessly.

"So what happened after that?" Kelsey asked eagerly. It was as if I was telling some story.

I told them that I left the bathroom awkwardly. Kelsey seemed disappointed while Sarah seemed almost proud. Then I told them about the bed thing...

"Oh, your first kiss!" Sarah said. I scratched my head.

"Not...exactly..." I said with a sigh.

"What does that mean?" Kelsey said.

I told them.

"He cheated on Remi!" Kelsey said, laughing hysterically. "Kar-ma! Kar-ma! Kar-ma!"

"No, I think it's irony," Sarah said thoughtfully.

"It's both," I stated proudly.

"And what happened after?" Sarah asked.

I am the storyteller.

"He broke the kiss," I said.

"Holy crap, what an idiot!" Kelsey said. Sarah laughed.

I kept going and watched their faces go "aww" and "haha" and "oh".

"...And, you know, I was thinking about our first kiss and the driver just up and goes 'miss, is this the place?'"

"You're such a hopeless romantic," Kelsey said, shaking her head condescendingly. I smirked.

"At least I wasn't fucking my boyfriend while my best friends were close enough to hear," I retorted.

"At least I have a boyfriend to fuck," she said triumphantly.

You really can't win against her.

Sarah laughed.

"One point for the rich girl!" she said. Kelsey turned to her.

"What about you and Ray, hmm?" she said. "You two are old enough to fuck without breaking the law."

Sarah looked around the room awkwardly. And I smiled. They had actually tricked me into keeping my mind off of Frank...
♠ ♠ ♠
Sarah and Kelsey are crazy XD Sort of a filler...might update again...idk....

<3