When Did Your Heart Go Missing?

Part 44

Mikey looked at me as if waiting for me to respond.

"What?" I said.

"You asked and you have nothing to say." He said this like it were a true statement.

"Well, I don't know, you want me to interrogate you?"

"Go for it."

I stared at him in disbelief and he just smiled.

"Okay," I said. "Fine. When did you like me, Mr. Way?"

He laughed. I helplessly felt vain.

"You remember last year when Rodney asked you to prom?" he said. I nodded. What a mistake it had been to say yes to him. "And you came up to me, all excited, saying 'I have a date!'"

I laughed helplessly and nodded again.

"I was gonna ask you to prom," he stated. "He got to you first."

My jaw dropped. I punched his arm.

"I wasted my time with Rodney when I could've been with you!?" I exclaimed, then laughed at my own statement. Mikey looked shocked as he rubbed his arm.

"Would you like to know when my little crush on Layla disappeared?" he asked softly. I was still shaking my head in disbelief when I looked up at him. He was smirking.

"When?" I asked. He laughed.

"When he broke up with you."

"That was two weeks ago!"

"I know."

I walked toward a near by tree.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

I hit my head against the tree. Being with cute, shy, sensitive Mikey would've been loads better than...Rodney. Not that I like him like that...

"Regretting," I stated. I heard Mikey chuckle.

"I'll go on then," he said.

"Oh, please, don't."

"I realized Frank had a better chance with you so I gave up and now I'm over it."

I hit my head a little bit harder. I felt his arms wrap around my waist as he pulled me away from the tree.

"Shit, dude, are you suicidal?" he asked, turning me around in his arms and looking down on my forehead.

"No..." I said softly, nervously. "Why?"

"You cut yourself."

I brought my hand up to my forehead. It burned.

"It doesn't look too bad, don't worry," he said, looking at me nervously and with furrowed brows. "Are you?"

"Am I what?"

"Suicidal. Damn, this feels like my fault."

"No, it's not, Mikey..."

I pulled away from him and started walking with my hand on my forehead. He caught up with me.

"Thanks for the newfound information, Mikey," I said softly, hating myself for actually hurting myself in front of him. And not noticing. But liking it.

"I bet you feel so sexy," he said, in an attempt to joke. I smiled.

"I sure do."

We walked in silence for a few minutes. Mikey broke it.

"Are you okay?" he asked softly.

"Peachy," I said, rolling my eyes. I licked two of my fingers and rubbed my forehead.

"Wow," Mikey said, staring at me as I did it.

"Can you see it?" I asked him, pointing at my head. His mouth agape, he shook his head. His eyebrows were furrowed and it was as if he'd been witness of murder.

"Are you sure you're okay?" he insisted, so softly I barely heard him.

"No," I whispered back.

I walked faster.
♠ ♠ ♠
O.O

^_^

Warning: The next chapter may include characters that you want to kill. Or may want to kill you. Proceed with caution.