When Did Your Heart Go Missing?

Part 48

"I'm not a hypocrite," I said as Sarah came back out through the curtain with her normal clothes on and sat down beside Kelsey. She threw the clothes we had offered her at me and I let it fall on my lap.

"Then, please, do tell," Sarah insisted. "Why am I an idiot again?"

They both looked at me expectantly. I felt like they were against me. Like they wanted me to feel stupid.

"You can look sexy around Ray without that meaning he's gonna want to get you in bed right then and there," I said to them softly. "You can't honestly worry about something stupid if you guys like each other and want to be together. You have to trust him."

"Oh?" Kelsey said, her face full of excitement. "Really? Are you telling me that when there is a guy and a girl that want to be together...they shouldn't feel insecure or think stupid things? And there should be trust in the relationship, hmm... that's curious. Because if you trusted someone I guess you'd be honest with them, right?"

I knew exactly what she meant by that. I could tell by the challenging look in her eye and the way she smirked what she meant. Even Sarah was helplessly smiling. She was talking about me. How I was scared to be with Frank because I thought something bad would happen and ruin everything. How we obviously like each other, even though I hadn't told him how I felt. And the worst part is that I'd basically told Sarah not to do what I was doing.

"You guys get on my nerves," I said, sighing and rolling my eyes helplessly as their smiles widened.

"So, it's settled," Kelsey said, grabbing the clothes from my lap. "We are buying this outfit, you are wearing it on July fourth, yeah?"

I stuck my tongue out at a dumbfounded Sarah as Kelsey took the clothes with her to the cashier.

"Who won this round, bitch?" I told Sarah jokingly, crossing my arms in front of myself. Her lips curled into a smile.

"I did," she said. I cocked an eyebrow. "I have a boyfriend that loves me. And I'm not afraid to admit I love him back."

She crossed her arms in triumph. I almost dislocated my jaw.

"You weren't kidding about that cherry on top thing, were you?"

I laughed at Sarah's remark as Kelsey came back with a plastic tray that held three sundaes. All with cherries on top.

That is the best the food court has to offer.

"I don't kid," Kelsey said, eyeing the sundaes hungrily as she scooted into the booth beside me. We kicked the shopping bags around to make it a better fit. We each grabbed a sundae, one of the three sporks that lay on the tray, and dug into it like hungry animals.

"You girls are pigs."

We jumped at the sound of the voice and looked around.

"Robert!" Kelsey said excitedly, leaning her head back. Bob was standing behind the booth, smiling at us. He leaned down and licked some frozen dairy product from Kelsey's face.

"Eew," Sarah and I retorted immaturely. Bob laughed and came around, sitting down beside his girlfriend.

"I keep intruding in your girls' days," he said, reaching for the spoon in Kelsey's sundae. She slapped his hand away. And he reached for Sarah's.

"Yes, you do," she stated, pulling her sundae away. "So maybe you can leave now and drool all over Kelsey later."

"Yeah, that'd be nice," I said, helplessly in the mood to toy with Bob. "Or maybe you could stay. But that would require drastic surgery and I'm not sure Kelsey is up for having a girlfriend."

Kelsey and Sarah laughed. Bob stared at me with the worst look of hatred I'd ever seen from him.

"You're gonna grow up to be the lonely old woman with too many cats that all the kids are afraid of," he said, smirking. My jaw dropped.

"Your turn, Layla!" Kelsey said excitedly once she'd recovered from her laughter.

But I had nothing else to say. That "lonely old woman" thing seriously hurt me bad. Or maybe it was just the lonely part...

"Ha, ha," Bob said. "I win. I'll see you guys later."

"No, wait, Bob!" Kelsey said pleadingly as he winked at us and stood. "They were kidding!"

"Later, babe." He leaned down and kissed her forehead, waving at Sarah and I with a childish grin as he walked away.

"I hate you guys," Kelsey murmured.

"We love you too!" Sarah and I said just before we dug right back into our sundaes.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think Frank makes an appearence next chapter... I know, I can't spell, what EVER.

Is anyone that's reading this right now a felon in MCRime? That'd be cool, man...

I'm gonna go update again. So you better comment ^^