When Did Your Heart Go Missing?

Part 7

My mom let me go to that "girls' day" after begging and pleading and Kelsey's annoyingly funny voice blabbing on and on to her.

I've darkened half of my hair and the other half is in color. My mother will blow a casket when she sees my hair black and blue, but what can she do? Chop it off?

Kelsey paid for everything, but didn't buy anything for herself. She only abused her power as a super rich fifteen-year-old girl when it was totally and completely necessary. That is how pathetic I am.

We were sat in the parking lot, drinking expresso, waiting for her mom to show up in her sure to be super-expensive, and fancy car...when she brings up just what I knew she'd bring up. So subtly that you wouldn't understand unless you knew her.

"So...what's up?" We'd been talking for hours and she asks 'what's up'.

"The sky," I retorted.

"Is your mom?" she asked. Does that even make sense?

"I'm grounded, genius," I told her, willing her to not speak another word of the Dictator.

"And Rodney?"

"He's an ass. I'm so over him."

"But you're not over how he treated you."

We were silent.

"What about Frank?" she finally asked.

"What. About. Frank?" I was getting sick and tired of that question.

"Do you li-"

"NO!"

She smiled..."knowingly".

"I just..." I didn't know for sure how to say it, but I needed to vent. "I wanna avoid it all completely."

"Avoid what?" Kelsey asked me in that therapist way I was so accustomed to getting from my friends that it quite honestly sickened me.

"Avoid...this. This feeling. I've been heart broken so many times.... Yes, I like Frank." I meant it. I liked letting it out. "But...what if my heart gets broken again? And by my best friend no less. I'll be screwed then. I'll have no one to talk to about my problems because he'll be my problem. I don't want that. Besides, he has a girlfriend..."

"But he doesn't look at her the way he looks at you," Kelsey said softly. A car pulled up and I assumed it was Kelsey's mother. "You can't just act like there's nothing there. There's something there. You just have to go for it and hope for the best. And if you don't get the best, at least you went for it and didn't keep asking yourself 'what if?' And as for that slut he calls a girlfriend? That'll die soon."

We walked into the car and the trip was in silence. I swear, it's almost like my friends are psychologists or something.

I got yelled at for the hair change. But it was worth it on Monday when I went to school and people didn't look through me; they looked at me. And, although I didn't like attention, I sure did like this kind of attention.

"Your hair," Bob said once I'd reached my locker. Kelsey stood beside him, seeming proud of her creation. "Your clothes." She'd also bought me a closet full of new clothes. "Layla, you're hot!"

Kelsey hit him in the back of the head. I laughed and actually felt myself blush at Bob's "compliment".

"But you're hotter!" Bob said apologetically to Kelsey. But she hit him in the back of the head again.

"That was for not noticing she was hot before, you moron!" she said.

"Hello, underclassmen." This from Ray, who walked up to us with a short-looking blond girl. "Layla, dude-"

"I know, don't say it," I interrupted him, not feeling up for compliments.

"This is Sarah," Ray introduced us to the blond girl.

"His girlfriend!" Gerard said excitedly, popping his head out of no where.

"Hey, Sarah, did you take his tongue's virginity?" Bob asked. We all laughed except Sarah, who blushed, and Ray, who punched Bob so hard that I thought they might actually be decent competition for each other in a fistfight.

"Layla, your hair-" But before Gerard could finish, I put my hand over his mouth.

"LAYLA!" The bell rang and everyone totally and completely ignored the loud, obnoxious voices and went away to their first classes.

I turned around and there, facing me, were the excited faces of Mikey and...Frank.

"What?" I asked.

"Up for a rule-breaking adventure?" Frank asked. For a second, my 'negative' mind thought he meant...well, you know. And I...might've...thought to...oblige.... But considering Mikey was smiling, too, I didn't expect they expected a threesome. And at this age!

"What do you mean?" I asked them. The halls were mostly empty by now.

Mikey and Frank turned to each other, than turned to me and said, "Free the Freshmen!"

I smiled, getting an idea of what this may mean.

"Invitation only and you have been invited," Frank said.

Whatever it was gonna be, so long as I had good friends, like Mikey and (I mean only friends) Frank, it would definitely be exciting...
♠ ♠ ♠
I think that might be enough for one day... Actually, no, I'm bored, so...