‹ Prequel: Holding My Heart
Status: Active but a little slow.

You're Overdue

Your Surrender To Me

************
Ann’s POV

Brendon grabbed my abandon backpack from the arms of my desk chair, “Get some clothes together; I need to get you out of here.”

“Where are we going?”

Brendon shrugged, “It doesn’t matter. Just away from the Dandies.”

I took it from his hands and headed over to my bureau. I grabbed what clothes I could. I had finally replaced the ones I lost in the fire a while back. That was kind of nice. I was getting low any ways and I went through clothes so fast.

“I’ve been terrified that they’re trying to kill me.”

Brendon shook his head and went over to my closet, “No, they need you.”

I stopped for a second, “For what?”

Brendon grabbed a couple of my hoodies a long with a jacket, “You may be human but you’re Beckett’s blood. You’re heir to the clan. They need you if they want to continue. It’s an old set of rules that we’ve always followed.”

I nodded and he continued, “When you become apart of the clan you swear to keep the Beckett family line going. Like royalty.”

I smirked and I got him to laugh with my remark, “So right now I could tell them to piss off?”

He tired to smile but stayed cold, “No. But it explains why Ronnie needs you. I’m sure he’s planning on turning you and marrying you. So then he’s a part of the family.”

He grabbed my suitcase and placed what he was carrying in there and grabbing a few other clothes and shoes for me. It got quiet. Mostly because I was hiding what I wanted to say but I couldn’t hold it in any longer.

“What if I wanted to marry someone else?”

He smirked letting the cold figure disappear as he zipped up the black case, “Then he’s screwed isn’t he?”

We stayed quiet for a while making sure I had want I needed for this temporary witness protection plan. I couldn’t help but sneak peaks at Brendon to make sure he hadn’t disappeared or fell into dark Brendon.

He looked over to me, “You’re hair is so long now.”

I nodded towards him, “So is yours.”

He shrugged, “It looks good.”

I walked over to him, “I like it. Just so different.”

He sat in my desk chair and I came over at ran a hand through his hair. He looked up at me and gave me a smile I hadn’t seen in forever. He looked at me like he wanted to say something but couldn’t find the words to tell me.

“What’s wrong?”

He shrugged, “I don’t know.”

I moved to sit in his lap so we could be somewhat eye level. My legs draped around his hips and he held on to my hips as I wrapped my arms around him for a hug, “Well something is bothering you.”

He spoke into my ear, “I missed you.”

I scooted even closer, “Then why did you leave?”

My arms were forced up when he shrugged, “I was worried I would hurt you if I stayed. I needed to get under control of myself.”

“I don’t think that work–”

He cut me off, “I’m better then what I was. I’m getting better.”

I pulled back to look at him in the eyes, “We need to find out where you got the pills.”

He shook his head, “I know what you’re thinking and the answer is no.”

I stroked his cheek, “Brendon. It doesn’t have to be now but eventually I’ll need to bring that Brendon out and talk to him.”

He continued to shake his head and his hair seemed to bounce with the response. I pulled him closer and his chin rested on my shoulder. I didn’t blame him for being terrified about the other dark Brendon.

“I don’t want to hurt you anymore.”

I sighed, “Brendon you’ve never hurt me. I’ve hurt you.”

“No. Never you. Just the people around you.”

I laughed and soon after my next statement he laughed too, “Too bad I burnt that house down. I kind of want to be there now.”

He pulled away and looked at me, “That was your fault. I still am a little ticked that you burnt it down.”

I stuck out my tongue and quickly added, “Well, you kidnapped me!”

He smirked, “I do that all the time like now.”

“I don’t mind it now.” I pecked his lips, “Let’s go do something fun to get your mind off of things.”

He chuckled, “Like what? Everything is closed.”

I ponder, “How about we go get me something to eat and break into somewhere.”

He shook his head and pulled me close. I let him cling to me. It was like he was terrified to risk me to do anything. I wasn’t going to try to be alright with that idea. I wanted my bad boy Brendon that was willing to step softly on the dangerous side. Not this goody two shoes.

I pulled away from him and he tried to pull me back to him, “What is going on?”

He spoke softly like a punished puppy, “I want to hold you.”

“Can we at least do so on my bed? This is kind of hurting me.”

Brendon didn’t even let me get up. I was on my bed in a flash and he laid me down softly. I let my head rest on my pillows and he laid down next to me. He moved to lie on his back and I snuggled closer knowing he wanted to hold me.

His hand wrapping around me proved so.

So I let him hold me. I looked up at him and could see his eyes closed and he looked peaceful. I didn’t even want to talk to him because I knew it would ruin the moment. If he had a moment to be calm I’d give it to him. He looked like he needed it.

I was happy to have my head against his chest again.

I felt like the world had hit paused at this moment. All I wanted was to stay here and ignore the Dandies. Granted, I could never have that life with Brendon now I was going to have to wait for it.

I felt him kiss my head, “I love you.”

“I love you too Brendon.”

“I’m not going to let anything happen to you.”

I nodded, “Ditto.”

*******
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! Please comment and subscribe. :D I love it when you guys do. :D

Guess what I got on Saturday?
17 autographs at one concert.
Gabe Saporta, Nate Novarro, Alex Suarez, all of All Time Low, Downtown Fiction, and Brogan Kelby. It was an awesome concert and I have phtotos. :D