‹ Prequel: Holding My Heart
Status: Active but a little slow.

You're Overdue

Carry On, Keep Romancing

***********
Ann’s POV

My hand on his cheek inching up towards his eye, “Brendon I swear to god, if you don’t back off my thumb will jab your eye right out of your eye socket.”

His chuckle reverberated through his chest and through my own with him being so close, “You wouldn’t.”

I let out a frustrated growl as I used the palm of my other hand to press against his Adam’s apple causing him to back off a little, “I wouldn’t count on that thought.”

He finally backed off and I sighed glaring at him. I readjusted the towel on me and went for clothes that I had before returning to the bathroom, this time locking it. I quickly pulled on whatever I grabbed and leaned against the door, “I’m not coming out till you go feed.”

His voice was husky as I heard a thump against the door, “I did.”

“Obviously not enough.”

“I need your blood.” He tried turning the handle, “Yours quenches the hunger.”

I groaned against the door; of course, of all things he’d want my blood. I inwardly cursed Brendon and slumped against the door. I didn’t want him to feed from me, what if he couldn’t stop? Would he even want to? I didn’t trust this side of Brendon. Sure, he was a bit more sane but still as dangerous.

He was pleading with me, “Ann, please.”

"No Brendon." I stayed hoping he'd leave, "Go feed on someone else. I'd like to live."

"I'm not going to kill Ann. You know that."

"Brendon I can't trust you like this. I...I just can't." I couldn't help but think back on the time back in William's basement with Brendon locked up. He almost ripped my arm off and almost killed me trying to get to me. If I denied him long enough would he do the same? A child's life was at risk that night. I felt selfish not wanting him to feed on me but at the same time I didn't want him feeding on people in the city, granted he always did but I just didn't want him to kill anyone even though that was impossible. Brendon had to feed, had to kill to exist.

I knew he couldn't do what Pete had done; we all knew he just couldn't live off of animals. Besides, we had Ronnie on our asses; we needed him as strong as he could be. We could try again once this was all over said and done but I didn't know what the result of all this mess was going to be. I didn't know if I was going to live, Brendon, the new William or even the guys back in Chicago. I honestly didn't know what we were going to do. Keep running? I didn't want to do that for the rest of my life but I didn't want to live in the fear of it ending either.

I could have Brendon keep trying to turn me, but at the same time I wasn't too sure I could handle being a vampire. I'm sure instinct would take over when I was hungry enough but killing a human was still against everything I had. Then the question would be if I could even turn. I didn't last time and it’s in my genes not to turn. Maybe that was an advantage or not, I couldn't tell.

I had been so lost in my thoughts I hadn't seen Brendon appear in front of me. When I saw him I let out a scream and he covered my mouth his hand trying to keep me quiet, "Shh, Ann. Be quiet. We don't want to attract attention to ourselves."

I tried biting his hand but he let me clamp down on the palm of his hand and didn't move. He kept me against the door once again and I needed a new plan. I doubt I'd fit through that bathroom window and it would take a magic trick to get away from Brendon and open the door.

He didn't waste any time attaching his lips to my neck as I tried to squirm away from his mouth. I felt a fire at my neck feeling him sink in and I stopped moving. I’ll never forget this pain or the feeling of being drained. It was so horrifying not knowing if Brendon was going to stop. He pressed me even closer and I felt such pressure against my chest cavity almost if he was going to crush me if I dared to move.

I stopped biting his palm and he moved his hand, I let in a deep gasp of air finding it was hard to breathe like this, “Brendon stop!”

His hands found my wrists as I was trying to shove him away and he pinned them to my sides against the door and pulled back slightly. I felt his tongue run across the wounds. He pulled back to look at me and licking his lips clean. Brendon looked at me with such a determined look I was wondering what he could possible thinking.

He kept staring at me and I felt weak. He was the only thing holding me up. He released one of my hands and brought his wrist to his mouth and bit into it. I shook my head and vocally telling him to let me go. There was no way in hell I was going to sit here while he attempted to turn me.

No, I didn’t even want his blood to see what memories I could get out. I just wanted him away from me.

His voice low and demanding, “You’ll take it. You don’t have a choice.”

My free hand how helping with my fight to get him off of me and well, if it failed pretty quickly and he shoved his wrist against my mouth not matter how I had my head turned but I sure as hell wasn’t going to keep my mouth open. He was out of luck there.

“Take it!”

I glared at him still breathing through my nose feeling his blood against my mouth and chin. He demanded again and I didn’t budge even though his arm was pressed so painfully against my mouth that my lips ached against my teeth.

When he pulled away for a second I turned my head away, “Brendon stop. You can’t turn me.”

“I’m not trying to turn you, take it.”

I turned back, “What-?”

He shoved his wrist back in my face and a good chunk of the wound entered my mouth and I tried to turn away or let the blood spill away but I couldn’t get rid of all of it. A decent mount made it down my throat and I cringed inwardly.

When he pulled away he backed off and I fell to the floor in a heap. He forced me back up and I fought again but not as much. I could feel nausea hit me and images already start to fly in front of me. I got it, bad Brendon was showing me something but it felt so scattered, lost even.

“Why are you doing this?”

“Because he’s too busy protecting you.” I couldn’t focus but Brendon’s face was in front of mine, “You don’t trust me.”

My eyes closed, “I don’t.”

I was scooped up into his arms, “You should.”

It was so much easier to keep my eyes shut, “Why?”

“Because the more he tries to get rid of me the harder it is and I don’t plan on leaving this time.”

He dropped me on the bed, “You are him! Just his anger or even a defense system. Almost like a split personality that is just his hatred.”

“What makes you say that?” His voice seemed to travel across the room and back to me.

“He locks it away. He doesn’t want to be bad. He never did but forced to under William.”

“Forced?” Brendon laughed, “Let me remind you that we’re animals with predatory instincts.”

Jumbled images continued to flash in front of me as he went off on his rant. I couldn’t focus on anything. It was like I was spinning in circles. How could I see anything when it’s like this?

Then it hit me. Gerard had controlled what I had seen.

“If you want me to see anything, you need to concentrate. It’s so jumbled. You’re a mess.”

It was almost instant when the feeling of spinning in a circle stopped. There was a scene in front of me. Nothing was changing it was like I was watching TV and someone had hit the pause button on me. I wasn't sure what I was seeing; it was some street that I couldn't recognize. When I did see Brendon it looked like it had been a few days after he left me in Chicago. Brendon was on his own sulking down the street till I noticed a few guys that started following him.

Brendon's voice was low, warning them, "I'm not in the mood. Get lost."

"So it’s true then," One of the guys spoke up as Brendon stopped walking, "She told you to leave."

Brendon let out a snarl and turned around, "Ann doesn't concern you. Go near her and I'll kill you."

Another laughed, "We're not the ones going after her, Radke is. You left her all alone and ready for him to take."

Brendon lunged for the one that had spoken and took him to the ground threatening to crush the vampire's throat, "What?"

The vampire laughed up at him, "You didn't hear? It’s all over town that Radke is going to take Ann, he wants the Dandies and he needs to marry into the family to have them. She is heir to the clan after all."

Brendon's whole body language changed. I knew enough when he does this change its Brendon's protective side that comes out, or hell, even the bad Brendon. That side that has the rage finally peaked over. Brendon reached for his pocket pulling out a small knife before bringing it down into the vampire's eye. The vampire let out a distasteful howl as Brendon dug the blade deeper, "You tell Ronnie he lays one finger on her I'll rip his limbs right off."

The scene quickly ended and I opened my eyes to see Brendon on top of me, “Are you hurt?”

I shook my head, “No.”

I could still see some concern in his eyes but the normal Brendon brown, nothing threatening, “I was worried, I just lost control and when I finally gained it I saw you…”

He trailed off and I pulled him down so I could hug him, “You’re so damn hard to handle now. It’s like I’m dealing with split personalities and I can’t brace myself for it.”

“I know.” I felt Brendon’s lips near my ear, “I’ll try to stay fed. It only happens when I’m starving or extreme danger.”

He moved away to lie next to me and I curled into his frame not wanting to be alone. Even if I had just seen him stab a vampire in the eye like it was nothing, “You sure you’re ok?”

“Yeah.”

His voice was soft, almost scared, “What did you see?”

“Just you, you were fighting with some vampires, saying that Ronnie was coming after me. Though, I knew that already, obviously.”

“You don’t need to see anything else. Stop trying to get it out of me.”

I didn’t really have a choice but I stayed quiet. I didn’t want to see anymore regardless of what Brendon said. I know I had wanted to but now, I just wanted to focus on staying alive as well as dealing with bad Brendon. I could try to contact the new William and question him more about Urie’s family being alive and see if I could find them. They’d probably be able to help me figure all this out.

Either way I decided to stay next to Brendon. I couldn’t tell if I needed him or if he needed me more but for some reason we were stuck with each other in this fucked up relationship that seemed to work. At least we weren’t alone.

****************
♠ ♠ ♠
How do you guys not hate me? I'm sorry I made you guys wait so long. I just had so much shit go on in the past couple months that its just been so hard to write. To those who know what's been going on and send me messages of support, thank you. To those who don't know, I'm so sorry you've been out of the loop. Just know things are starting to go my way now. Please comment and subscribe! <3