Perfectly Horrible

Chapter 1

The door lightly clicks as the lock gets picked, and swings open with a small creak. Three dark-clad men rush in, using everything they know to be silent as the dead. They’re here to take the Skelly family, and make them pay for the damage their family has done to Malikai's men. Their only orders are to get the family out of the house as quickly and quietly as possible. Adam Skelly, the man who’s in charge of stolen imports from Russia, is the first victim. He’s asleep on top of some papers in his office, and doesn’t sense the strange men in his home, nor does he wake while his arms are tied with rope, and a knife is held to his throat.

“Wake-y, wake-y, sleeping beauty,” a gruff voice whispers in his ear. He jerks awake, and leans forward causing the knife to cut into his flesh. A thin line of deep red blood slides down his neck, barely visible in the dark. He struggles against the hand covering his mouth and the strong arms holding him, but the man holds tight.

In his own mind Adam begins shaking off his sleep, and concern for his wife and daughter begins to overcome him. He strains his ears to hear anything from them, but no sounds come from the rest of his home. Soon, a black cotton bag is shoved over his head, and he’s taken outside and roughly thrown into a vehicle. He keeps quiet, hoping that his silence will save him a few more moments of life.

♠ ♠ ♠

Anna Skelly stirs lightly in her sleep, but doesn't wake. From across the hall her mother's shrill scream wakes her moments before a strange man bursts through the door into her room, places his rough hand over her mouth, binds her wrists with rugged rope, and presses a gun to her back. He forces her into the hallway, where Anna sees her mother getting similar treatment.

Anna's mind is filled with questions. Why is this happening? Where is her father? Will she ever see her friends again? Is she going to die?

She and her mother are forced into a black unmarked Hummer parked on the street outside their house. Inside, there are two more men, but the lights are so dark that no facial features are visible. The whole thing was planned out well and Anna, in shock, slips into unconsciousness while the men begin conversing.

“Porter? Is he taken care of?” the man holding Anna's mother, Sarah, says in Russian.

“Da. He is taking slight detour though, ajim sim-simb and vosim-deviay wanted to give him special treatment before he go to the camp.” The man in the passenger’s seat replies in partial Russian and English, followed with a deep mischievous laugh. The other men join in, making the air even more eerie than before.

Sarah Skelly unfortunately finds herself faking sleep, because her maternal instincts won't allow her to rest while her child lays unconscious in a strange, Russian speaking man's arms. She does not know the Russian language, and with their thick accents, she can barely understand anything the men are saying. She shivers when the men begin laughing, but the man holding her takes no notice of her movement.

Alex Maverick has been tipped off that Malikai, the man they've been trying to kill for about a month, has a camp set up not too far from Manchester, California. The local terrain had kept the Russians hidden for about a month, but a few local hikers had called in a report of excessive gunshots and noise in the area, and finally someone was sent to investigate. By this time, they almost immediately knew it was the Russian camp they've been searching for. Alex was sent in because his squad was needed, and the government trusts they can successfully count the numbers and plant a few cameras around the area without being detected.

♠ ♠ ♠

Anna Skelly wakes to being backhanded by one of the men. She cries out in pain, startling herself with the loud noise. Beneath her she can feel the rough, cold ground through the thin tank top and cut-off shorts she was taken in. Above her the man is standing, staring at her with shiny black eyes that hold the air of someone who's seen and enjoyed lots of death. He's close enough to make her extremely uncomfortable, yet she doesn't struggle knowing that he will only find pleasure in controlling her body.

At the sound of a shout from somewhere near by the man flips her over so she's laying on her stomach. He pulls her hands together behind her back, grabs her hair, and forces her to her feet. Anna is taken around to the other side of the Hummer, where she sees her mother on her knees with a gun digging into the back of her head. She bites her bottom lip and squeezes her eyes shut, doing anything she can to try and control the rush of emotion she feels at the sight of her mother.

“Mommy,” Anna whispers with a shaky breath, opening her eyes. Everything is blurry through the tears, but she still knows exactly what's happening.

Just then a new vehicle pulls up in front of the Hummer, and Adam Skelly is forced out. He has a black cotton bag over his head, and his clothes are torn and stained crimson. He's thrown onto the ground next to Sarah. She's sobbing. She reaches for her husband, but the man behind her yells out in Russian and cocks the pistol being held to her head. She freezes, shivering from the effort of containing her sobs. Another man comes up behind Adam and pushes him into the same exact position as his wife.

Anna is being forced to look at them both. She has a heavy, cold, sinking weight in her stomach. She fears that this is the last time her family will be together. The last time she will see her father and her mother alive and together. She watches them, waiting in silence.

♠ ♠ ♠

Alex Maverick and the five men he took with him arrive three miles from the Russian camp in a helicopter. They're using the three mile distance as a cushion to the already noiseless chopper to be absolutely sure the Russians don't hear their arrival. The men, six highly trained government agents, close the gap between them and the Russian camp in unbelievable time. They arrive at the camp and they realize that this might be more complicated than they thought. One of the agents, Agent 009 to be exact, attempts to sneak up to a tree where he would be able to set a camera, and survey the camp better for himself. He's about to reach the tree when he gets a little over-confident and careless, thinking the Russians weren't smart enough to expect them coming. His foot accidentally sets off a trip wire, and explosions begin to shake the ground all around him. Terror fills his stomach, searing up his throat and shooting through his limbs. Time stops. In mere seconds his mind falls into an overwhelming darkness, and the extreme shearing pain is gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are appreciated and loved(: