Sicarius

Chapter 3.

Naoki and Kohaku shared a brief kiss as they sat down in the computer room, they were together- yes, but it didn’t mean that they had to flaunt in front of anyone. The others were their siblings and friends; anything happened to them… they didn’t know what they would do. Naoki put a pair of headphones on, Kohaku doing the same. “Alright, so once more we are going to kill someone at Ansatsu.” He mused and frowned. “We should tell M-” he was cut off by Kohaku, “Naoki, if she finds out, she will hate all of us. She will rebel; we don’t want that- I don’t want that, she is my sister.”

Naoki sighed, “My dear, she is my sister as well, but she will find out, and I would prefer it would be by us, by someone she loves and trusts than by someone she was destined to kill.” However Kohaku just shook her head, she sighed visibly and Naoki sighed, wrapping his arm around her waist gently. “I will not say anything. Anata o aishi. I love you.” He said and turned to the screen. “Alright, let’s begin.

~

Miyoko pulled on her black flats on her feet, they were comfortable and sturdy, she could run for miles in them and they weren’t bulky like tennis shoes. She walked into the kitchen, grabbing her Brita water bottle and filled it with her water, sipping out of it she walked into the room where the Assassins trained. It wasn’t long before she began running on the large track field they had. She had just gotten to two miles and her legs were starting to ache as she heard the Bell signaling the Assassins and Scholars to join in the conference room. Everyone has been acting oddly lately. Nori came up to her jogging; he himself was in a white tank-top and jeans. “Wonder what could be so important that training has to be interrupted.” He muttered. “Race you there?” he teased, giving her a light hug. Miyoko laughed, “Why are you so keen on losing?” she asked and started to run with a laugh.

Nori followed her with a chuckle, and they ran through the field with laughter in their breaths. The distant from the training center to the meeting room was about a mile, so when they got there, conveniently a tie, they were out of breath and in good spirits. When Miyoko and Nori were both younger, Miyoko beat him a lot of races, it wasn’t until later she realized that he let her win. They walked into the room together, the happiness gone and their faces calculating. That was how it would always be. Business in the Conference Room. “Sit my children.” Ryuu’s introduction was not uncommon, they were going to kill someone, “Much responsibility falls on you today.” The voice came from behind as Ryuu and Mayu walked in, her eyes were red. She had been crying and she looked tired, but smiled rather sadly at everyone else.

Hayoto chuckled and Miyoko looked at him disgusted, but her expression was sadder. “They have been fighting again.” She murmured to him, but he shook his head, “They just had sex and she remembered why she shouldn’t have married a man twice her age.” He smirked but that comment got him a slap upside his head. Not only by Miyoko, but by everyone who was in the hearing vicinity. He chuckled and shrugged it off, Miyoko rolled her eyes in disgust, the focus was back to Ryuu, he looked solemn, “You have a hard task in front of you.” He informed.

“Edmund Carlisle, and English Assassin who moved to Japan many years ago stole money from our high security vaults, not only did he do that, but he had the audacity to use it for Ansatsu-sha’s own use.” He informed. It seemed to leave a bad taste in his mouth as he looked as if he were sucking on a lemon.

“If he could do it, the assassin in charge of securing the vault should be punished, and he must be given an award. Not murder.” Nori’s voice rang out as he sat in his chair and scowled.

Ryou smirked as he lit a cigarette, “Once more you defy the power of our leaders, Nori. Are you losing faith in our people, in Sicarius? I think that you need to sort out your priorities before coming to Ansatsu-sha with us, brother.” Nori looked outraged at Ryou, “You insolent idiotic fraud, how dare you speak to me like this!”

“Ryou is right, Nori.” Ryuu said gravely, “You have been overreacting far too much for any of our liking.” His voice rang and it was final. Nori wasn’t going. Miyoko touched his arm, “Odayakana.” Calm, she said, he sat down and his face turned stony, “I refuse to be calm about such things.”

~

Miyoko stood guard, an earpiece in her ear and a hard expression on her face. It was time, her gun was loaded and the safety off, and her leather gloves seemed to scream, wanting to move the trigger and shoot someone, something. This was the thing she trained for, this was her life. Her flats made no sound as she glided around the corner.

“I have visual on the target’s bodyguard.” Katsu hissed, the voice of Naoki sounded harsh and clear through the headpiece, “There are four, you baka, idiot. Do not run out there”

Miyoko turned around as she saw a figure lurking past, checking to make sure the silencer was on her gun she took the knife out of its’ thin case in her glove. She didn’t even breath as the figure left and she kept the knife out and her eyes ready.

It was Ryou.

He was sneaking past, looking for an entrance, looking to make them all proud of him. When he did find one, Miyoko was guarding it. It was a shame really, but he wasn’t taking the chance getting stabbed. His footsteps made no sound as he ran to an open window, sliding in he saw the target.

Edmund Carlisle was an Aryan man, of decent build he was casually talking on his Samsung Galaxy cell phone, his voice showed subtle hints of a Southern Accent, one would guess he was from Virginia or Georgia. Taking out his gun, Ryou sneaked towards the man, but when he cocked the gun an audible click, Carlisle rang his chair around with a gun in his lap and he shot.

The next few things happened in a few seconds. Miyoko kicked open the door, her gun out and shooting at Carlisle, blood poured out of not only the wound on Carlisle, but on the wound that had developed on Ryou. Miyoko held her breath, “Ryou has been injured on scene. Hayoto, come here… please.”

The color of blood rushed out onto the floor, turning into a copper dry, Ryou’s eyes stayed open. But just barely, this was ruined, now they had a lead, investigators might find them. But those thoughts were not the thoughts that plagued Miyoko. She wasn’t thinking, she knew better. But all of one word changed that.

“Miyoko?”

It was /not/ Ryou.

She turned slowly and swallowed dryly at the other dying man in the room.

“Miyoko Zen… Takao Zen’s daughter.” His words were soft and far in-between. Her father was Takao Zen, she remembered. She lifted her gone and shot.

Once.

Twice.

He was dead.