Sicarius

Chapter 7.

Mayu closed her eyes and stood up next to Ryou’s bed, she looked at her son, her real son, Minoru’s brother. The one no one could know about. She claimed Ryou was her sister’s illegitimate son that Mayu promised to take care of, that would explain the resemblance to Mayu, no one could know about that. Mayu, even thirty years after, would be killed.

Kissing Ryou’s forehead, she straightened then and walked out of the room, bumping into Ryuu on the way, he didn’t look good, but that was to be expected- he was old. “Where have you been?” his voice was gruff and rude, unlike his normal smooth and polite tone.

“I was in Ryou’s room.” She said in a detached tone. “I am going to my room now.” It was not unknown that Mayu and Ryuu did not sleep in the same room, much less shared a bed, it was also not unknown they were hardly fond of each other. Hayoto’s earlier joke about sex was unlikely; they did not often sleep together, it just didn’t happen.

“Your room? What happened to our room, Mayu?” he hissed, his hand grasped on her.

“Mr. Sicarius, I highly suggest you release me before you regret your actions.” Replied the woman coldly.

“Mom, Dad!” came a voice from afar, Mayu turned as Ryou’s hand slid from her arm, “Good evening, Minoru.” Said Mayu with a small smile as she straightened her clothes and walked briskly away from her husband and daughter. Was it wrong for her to favor Ryou over her daughter and husband? She loved all of the children unconditionally, but Ryou a little more; for Ryou was the son of the man she truly loved. Things were difficult for the wife of a powerful man, but he couldn’t fight to save his life. It was one of those instances where they knew what they were doing, and they were amazing at what they did, they just weren’t in the field.

~

Miyoko looked out the window dreamily, petting Kimi as she purred in her lap. “I couldn’t even save my own family.” She said with a sigh, “What kind of person am I?” She sighed once more as the cat meowed when Miyoko stood up and began to walk to her room.

“Hey kid, you okay?” Katsurou walked by and put an arm on Miyoko’s shoulder, “What happened with Ryou- we all blame ourselves, but I promise you, it isn’t your fault. It isn’t any of our faults.” He informed and Miyoko looked down at the cat in her arms. “I was there, I should have gone in, I saw him in the corner of my eyes, I just thought it was an animal, then I heard movements. I should have gone and prevented this whole thing.” Tears were threatening but Katsurou just chuckled, “This is Ryou’s fault, he was an idiot, not putting the silencer on his gun. Almost compromised the whole mission.” He chuckled, “But you saved it.” He added.

“The man- the man I killed said my name. He knew who I was.” Miyoko whispered suddenly, “Do you know how he knew me?”

“I don’t know, Miyoko.”

His voice was off, almost as if he was hiding something, like he was lying, “Kat-” she began but he chuckled, “Go to your room, take a hot shower, maybe a bubble bath. You need to relax, kitten.” He said and walked off unexpectedly.

That was really odd of Katsurou; he was never one for dishonesty, never one to hide anything.