Status: Complete

You Know I'm Never Gonna Let You Go

Two

Alex

As I come down the stairs with my luggage, I could hear Ashley thanking someone over and over. When I appeared in the kitchen, she was hanging her phone up. "Was that that friend you said could give me a ride?" I ask, setting my bags by the front door.

"Yeah," my cousin nods. "She can drive you there. Just make sure not to piss her off or anything, okay? I don't want to find out she left you stranded on the side of the road."

I chuckle, shaking my head. "I'll be the best passenger ever."

Ashley laughs before going over to fridge. "Hey," she calls as she pulls it open. "You excited? It's so awesome to see Caitlyn getting married, huh?" She reappears from behind the door with a water bottle in hand.

I nod, averting my gaze to the floor. I was happy and everything, but one thing still irked me at the back of the head. Caitlyn is Avery's sister. Avery is the first person Caitlyn would invite, and do I really want to see her after all this time? It's been three years with no phone call, text message, or even a fucking letter.

I still didn't understand why she left in the first place. I came home one day to find her stuff cleared out and the words I'm done written on a slip of paper on the table.

I thought we had worked everything out. Yeah, we had kinks in our relationship. Yeah, we fought a lot. Yeah, sometimes I slept in the guest bedroom instead of the one we shared, but don't all engaged couples go through that from time to time?

After she was gone, her family told me they had tried to reach her.

But I knew it was no good. Because when Avery sets her mind on something, there is no changing it. That's why I knew trying to find her would be hopeless; so I gave up.

When she first walked out I believed the reason she had was because of one night a few years ago. We had gotten into this raging argument over something I can't even remember. It ended with me storming out, white hot anger rolling off me. I went to a bar to cool off, just thinking that if I had a few drinks I could return home normal.

But then one of Avery's best friends, her name completely slipping my mind now, came up to me. She asked me what was wrong and I spilled everything to her. Then she offered her condolences and the next thing I knew, we were naked on my couch.

It wasn't intentional; I'd like to blame it on the alcohol.

I didn't think Avery knew about it, and sure enough, when I went upstairs to check on her, she was still fast asleep. So I kiss her forehead goodbye before leaving for the studio. I was afraid she was still pissed from the fight the night before.

Then when I came back home, all her things were gone and that note that broke me sat on the kitchen table. And since she doesn't know about that night with her best friend, I still don't know why she had vanished.

I tried to move on because I knew I could never get her back. Avery is stubborn and strong-headed, that's what I loved most about her. Reaching out would only make it worse.

A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts.

"Oh," Ashley says, jumping up from her spot at the island. "That's probably her. I'll go get it." She runs toward the foyer, leaving me behind in the kitchen. So I grab my bag and follow her, running a hand through my hair.

"Hey Avery," I hear Ashley say, and I raise an eyebrow. I could only see a pair of shorts and long legs from where I was standing. "Thank you so much for doing this."

"You owe me," her friend chuckles, and the breath hitches in my throat. "So where's your cousin?"

Ashley barks out laughter, as I stand there, frozen. "You mean that dumbass that forgot to buy his ticket to Baltimore?" She steps aside. "He's right here."

As I'm revealed to my ex-fiancee, Avery's eyes go wide with shock. I take this time from her frozen state to analyze her. Her brown hair still fell in long waves, her eyes still that hypnotizing color. She's matured, if you know what I mean, and God, did she have amazing legs.

She still had that gaping expression on her face as I step outside.

"Hey babe," I smirk, swinging my duffel bag over my shoulder.

Oh, is this going to be fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
My first chapter in our joint story!
I am so glad Felicia is the one I'm writing this with. It's a good time:)
Tell us what you think! What do you predict is gonna happen? :)

-Tiana.