Night and Day

Chapter One

It all started with what I thought would be an ordinary day, the sun was shining and the birds were singing their everyday song. I was walking to my house from school, I would never call that place home, it was only somewhere I stayed. It was what anyone else would call a nightmare. My dear ‘father’ who I just call Mike, well let’s just say all he was, was the sperm donor. He never acted like a father to me so why should I call him dad? All he did anyway was sit around, drank his Jack Daniels, and ordered me around, and if it wasn’t done just right, he would then proceed to ’punish me’….He was a monster, someone who belonged in hell. I hated him and still do to this day.

But anyways as I was saying, it was a normal day as I walked back to my nightmare from school. Mike’s car was in the driveway, meaning he was home drinking or had already passed out…I was hoping for the latter, but I’m never lucky. I walked up to the front door and had to talk myself into opening the door. I sighed and twisted the door handle. The smell of booze and stale cigarette smoke hit me like a smack in the face. I held my breath and listened for his footsteps…Or if I’m lucky his drunken snore…

I walked into the front room and carefully set my bag down, trying to be as quiet as possible. I crept down the hall and up the stairs, slipping into my room. As far as Mike knew, no one was in the house. He was all alone on the recliner, having passed out to his sweet alcoholic lullaby. I looked around my barren bedroom, wishing I was anywhere else in the world. My ratty blankets lay on the bed, as neat as I could get them. I sat down on my bed and leaned back, staring at the ceiling wishing Mike would fall asleep and never wake up again. I know it was horrible, but I had just wanted a little peace of mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short I'll try to have another post up soon..I've been really busy lately....