Speed Up Your Breathing

This Won't Hurt More Than a Pinch

My mom never agreed with me on anything, and that was the main reason why I had left the house at 18 years old. I was now 22 and I was able to live freely, and most importantly do what I want, when I want. After working a few little jobs around and gathering enough money, I decided to go backpacking across North America. I thought it was way to sad to live on this continent and not having seen, what? Five percent of its wonders?

I was traveling alone, but made a lot of friends along the way. I had been gone for a good four months already and had seen most South-East and East coast. I was now somewhere in New York city, at night. I would often go out and explore cities and towns at night. There's so much that's hidden during the day.

But maybe doing that in NY wasn't such a great idea, or I really didn't choose the right neighborhood. I must admit the hostel I was planning on staying at that night was in the middle of nowhere. There was a car here and there, but no one other than that.

After walking around for thirty minutes, I finally found the hostel. I was so happy to have found it that I ran accross the street without ever looking if there was a car comming.

All I remember is feeling my body get thrown in the air and fall back down, I think my head hit the pavement, I don't remember.

***

The Academy Is... had just finished playing a show in New-York and were heading to Rhode Island, where they had a show the next day. Most of the crew members and band members were already asleep when suddenly the bus driver jammed on the breaks, sending a couple people flying.

Adam T. Siska was the first one to react. "What the hell?! Tony we're trying to get some sleep here! How about you keep this a little smoother!" He yelled at the bus driver, half joking.

"No, dude there's something wrong! I think I hit someone!" Tony said totally panicking as he was getting up from the driver's seat.

"You what?" William Beckett screamed half awake from his bunk.

"Mike, Chislett, Butcher, Bill, get up!! We hit something with the bus!" Sisky yelled as he was running off the bus, in a t shirt and boxers.

A couple feet in front of the bus, layed a girl. She was unconscious.

"You think she's dead?" Tony asked Sisky.

"I dunno man, but she doesn't look too good right now!" Sisky said as he knelt down next to the girl. He put his hand to her mouth. "She's breathing! Help me get her on the bus!"

By the time they got on back on the bus, the other guys were finally up.

"What the..." Mike Carden said.

"Who's that?" Michael asked.

"What did we hit?" The Butcher asked.

"She's what we hit!" Sisky said as he carefully put her down on the couch.

"Holly sh*t! Is she okay? Here let me help you." William said as he took the girls head in his hands and brushed the hair off her face. She was stunning.

"Should we call an ambulance?" Mike asked.

"Are you nuts! We have a show tomorrow and if we call an ambulance, they will call the cops and we'll be stuck here forever!" Tony yelled at Mike.

"Well... you did sorta hit her while you were driving!" He spat back.

"We should keep her..." William said, gazing at her beauty.

"Ok Bill, you're nuts... although she has this with her..." Sisky said holding up a huge backpack.

"And, your point is?" Andy questionned.

"Well, she's travelling, she's definately not from here, let's try and find some paper, or information, maybe she has a number we should call in case of an emergency somewhere in there!" Sisky said.

"Okay, so you want us to go through all of her stuff?" Mike said.

"Well not all, maybe just this." Sisky said as he held out what seemed to be a travel journal.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay this is just a starter, let me know what you think!!