Speed Up Your Breathing

Plan This Move By Move

"Alex, come in my office please!" I heard Chris yell from the hallway.

"Yes, boss!"

"Sit down, something came up..." He said with a concerned look.

"You're firing me already?" I laughed trying to relax the atmosphere.

"No, no, it's about William Beckett," he said twirling his pen around his thumb.

"Ugh, why would I care? Unless he's hurt and in hospital I don't want to hear it!" I snapped.

"Don't be so harsh, now, sadly for you, he's not dying, but his drummer, Andy, called me to help him find your house in New Jersey, apparently Beckett wants to fly there... I didn't know what to say, so I said you didn't want me to give your contact info, that I'd ask you and I'd call him back." I just sat back and laughed until I started tearing up.

"Ohhh man this is great! He really thinks I'm in NJ! Now it's time to make him pay!" I said getting way excited.

"Pay? Pay for what? You know what I think of this whole story, the poor guy is hung up on you, you can't torture him like that!" Chris said trying to defend him.

"He has hurt me! If you're on my side, you're gonna help me get through with this! You call Butcher back tomorrow and you give him my old address, my ex roomate Karen still lives there, I'll call her and tell her all about the plan, it's gonna be great!" I said on the edge of my seat.

"Alex, that's not right, you can't make him fly all the way to New Jersey for nothing just because you hate him!"

"Yes I can! And watch me! It's the only mean thing I'll ever do, in a couple years we'll laugh about it, even the other guy in TAI are gonna find it funny, I'm sure! I'll be good after that I promise!" I said batting my eyelashes.

"Why can't I ever say no to you? I hope I won't regret this!" Chris said in a sigh.

***

The next day, Chris called Butcher back and gave him my old address. Two days later, William was in LAX getting ready to board his flight to New Jersey.

"Maybe it's not a good idea afterall," William said tugging on his suitcase.

"Have a guy fly across the country for her? It's any girl's dream! Just don't forget to say you're sorry about everything that happened and yadda yadda yadda, ok?" Sisky said tapping his best friend on the back.

"Smile Will! Everything is gonna be fine! Bring her back here!" Michael said, as William started walking towards his gate. All the guys waved goodbye one last time as he passed the door.

When William woke up, the plane had just landed. He picked up his bag, got on a taxi and gave the driver the directions to where he thought Alexia lived.

As he was going up the stairs he felt his heart ready to jump out of his chest. His trembling hand pressed the doorbell. He heard the lock and the door finally opened to reveal a tall blonde girl, definately not Alexia.

She knew exactly who he was, and what she had to say.

"Uhm, yeah? Can I help you?" She asked.

"I'm... " He stopped there, stress choking him.

"You are? Lost? Want to use the bathroom? Selling cookies?" She asked.

"No, no, I'm looking for someone, I was told she lives here..."

"Who?"

"Alexia Adahlia Turner," he said with a low voice.

"Oh... I see..."

"What? Do you know where she is? Did something happen to her?" He questioned.

"No, no.... she's fine... well at least I think. See she used to live here and then things got messy with Brendan and she left, last time I heard about her she was in NYC, then nothing, but then yesterday I got this letter from her saying she was in Los Angeles... looking for someone," Karen said, just as Alexia had asked her to say.

"in Los Angeles? Are you kidding me? Because I swear this is not funny!" William said getting annoyed.

"Look, that's the envelope," she said handing him an empty envellope she got from the table that was next to the door. "It has no return address but it's stamped in L.A."

William had to face it, it was true. Alex was no where in New Jersey, she was in L.A. and looking for 'someone', Karen wouldn't let him read the letter because she didn't know him.

As he made his way back to the airport he was getting more and more convinced that someone was him.

"Your plan is working wonderfully, I'm pretty sure he thinks you're hooked up on him," Karen said over the phone.

"Thanks darling, I owe you for that one!"
♠ ♠ ♠
getting dirty eh? druh-a-ma haha

comments are love
xoxo