Speed Up Your Breathing

The Hardest Thing to Swallow

"You're engaged?" William asked, pulling me out of the hug.

"Yeah, I am," I said looking down.

"As in engaged to be married?"

"Well... yeah..."

"How can you be engaged?"

I laughed. "That's not the usual questions I get, but hey... He was in love so he proposed, I was in love so I said yes."

"That's a cute story," he said with a smile. "But if you guys are in love, what were you doing traveling alone and what are you doing now on the road with us?" He questioned.

I let out a long sigh. "I don't know if I should tell you, but you probably wouldn't understand if I didn't tell you from the start...so here we go," I took a deep breath and started telling him basically the whole story of my life.

"I met him at school when I was 17, he started a band with his friends and they needed help so I'd always be there for them, at every show, on the road. They started getting bigger and bigger so I eventually stopped going to school, at 18 my mom kicked me out of the house. I moved in with him, that same year we started dating. They took me as their tour manager and they started getting on bigger and bigger tours all over the country. Being on the road on these tours was the most amazing time of my life. That's where my home is at. He proposed last year, everything was going wonderful until I got pregnant, he started acting weird but I thought it was just because he was stressed and anxious about being a father. Only three months in, I lost the baby. We were in the middle of a tour and I didn't want to cancel any shows, which we managed. The loss of the baby just didn't seem to affect him and that was driving me nuts. Everytime I tried talking about it he would avoid it until the day I plainly asked him he ever wanted that baby and he said no. I left that day, and haven't seen him since. He called me to tell me he needed to talk to me about what he had said that night and that he still loved me and still wanted to get married. I told him I loved him, but I needed time, so I started my own tour of the country..."

"Wow you've been through a lot! You're such a strong one," William said holding my hands and looking at me straight in the eyes. I chuckled.

"I do what I can."

"So when are you gonna see him?" He asked.

"I haven't decided yet, but I miss him a lot..."

"And may I ask who he is and what's the name of his band?"

"Brendan Kelly..."

"...from The Lawrence Arms..." He interrupted. I smiled.

"You know him!?" I asked getting a bit excited.

"All too well..." William said getting up.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked.

He knelt down in front of me and said: "There are some things that are better to be kept secret sometimes, but they all resurface at some point. Don't trust your lover in everything he says."

I felt my pressure was strating to rise. "How dare you say that? What does that even mean!"

"I'm not the one who should tell you, but you will know soon enough."

"Fair enough, but then you can't tell the guys about me being engaged to him, ok?"

"Deal."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked it! This is setting the table for lots and lots of drama, good idea? y/n?

COMMENT / MSG/ SUBSCRIBE !!
<333