Speed Up Your Breathing

If Only My Eyes Could Lie

I woke up to the vibration of my phone under my pillow. I checked the screen, it said "Brendan Calling."

"Shit!" I muttered. "Hello?" I wispered, the bus was quiet and I didn't want to wake anyone up.

"Hey babe! How's it going?" His voice sounded overly cheery.

"Hi, Brendan, what do you want?"

"Just saying hi, babe, I miss you, you know. I haven't seen you in two months..."

"I know, I've been traveling a lot..."

"Hmm that's cool, why are you wispering, hun?"

"I don't want to wake anyone up..." I simply said trying to avoid telling him where I actually was.

"Where are you Alex?"

"Hmm, well... long story... but... hmm I'm... I'm on the road."

"You're what!?" He asked, and as I feared I could feel him starting to get angry.

"On the road dammit! On the road! It's a really long story... I didn't call you to tell you... I'm sorry, it was too crazy, and I know you're busy... and.." I tried to calm him down but he interrupted me.

"I can't believe it! You freakin left me on the road and then you turn your back and go on the road with some other guy!" He yelled.

"Brendan, listen, I'm not here with a guy, I'm here with a band. They hired me, hired, ok? I'm working here."

"Last time I spoke to you you said you were going on a trip! Now you're telling me you're on tour! What the hell! You lied to me! Besides what band are you with, eh?"

"I did not lie to you Brendan, I was on my trip when I met them and they needed someone... and if you really want to know it's The Academy Is..."

"Oh that's just fucking great! You on tour with a nice bunch of assholes! I bet you Beckett has already started working his charms over you?"

"Ugh! Hold on!" I opened the curtain to my bunk and no one was there, since the bus was at a stop I decided to it would be better to go out to carry on this conversation, wispering wasn't gonna make it.

"What the hell is your problem Brendan? I was your tour manager, I'm allowed to work for other bands too!" I said once I was outside.

"They are a bunch of assholes you shouldn't be hanging around with, I'd really appreciate if you could come back home right now," he said in a firm tone.

"Are you kidding me!? There's two weeks left to this tour and I'm staying!"

"Listen Alex, I just don't want you hanging aroung this William guy, you can't trust him! Or any guy in that band!"

"I don't care what you say... I'm having a blast here, and I'm staying! Talk to you in two weeks!" I said hanging up on him. I sat down with my back against the bus and my head resting on my knees. I was trying to figure out what was wrong with Brendan and if I'd ever end up actually getting married to him, I started sobbing quietly.

I heard the door open and I saw the Butcher come out, he sat down next to me and pulled me into a hug.

"Sorry if I listened in... I'm not sure who that Brendan guy is, but he surely didn't say anything nice to you. If you want to talk about it... I'm right here"

"Let's go take a walk and I'll tell you the whole thing," I said.

I never would have thought I'd hear something close to what Andy told me while we were walking, never.
♠ ♠ ♠
cliffie eh? I had to, this one was already pretty long, I couldn't write the rest in the same chapter! So keep an eye on the next one! ;D

the more feedback I get the sooner the next chapter will be out, it's just common sense!
<333