Status: Updated Every So Often

Always Had Your Way

One.

Anais stepped out of the car and breathed in the familiar Reading air that she had begun to miss. The weather was overcast as it always there. Her sunkissed skin stuck out like a sore thumg compared to the population's paleness. She scrunched up her face as she stared at the small, ominous house in front of her. It held so many memories; the bad outweighing the good unfortunately.

Anais looked at her best friend, Brighton. She was clutching the new Juicy Couture bag that Anais had to bribe her with to come here nervously to her chest. If anything, Anais was just as scared, but she found herself rolling her eyes out of habit.

"Are you sure about this?" Brighton asked, peering around the neighborhood. It wasn't the gated community with perfectly manicured lawns that she was used to back home in Florida. The houses were small, and somewhat dingy. Yelling could be heard coming from another house and a dog's barking caused her to jump in her skin.

"Not all of us have a rich tool of a boyfriend to pay for our things." Anais snapped, noting on her gaze of the neighborhood. "Remember, this was once my home."

"Sorry." Brighton said, trying to keep an open mind. "It's quaint."

Brighton knew Anais was stressing to the max despite her calm composure. Not just about being home, but mainly because she had to face him again. Dan Flint. Her husband. The man she had run away from. The man she had no choice but to return to.

"Do you have the papers?" Brighton asked Anais. Anais nodded. In the back of Anais's mind she was mentally cursing herself for not doing this the moment she left. Anais and Dan had been married for two months before Anais had cut and run. She ran off to the states, where she met Brighton. The two clicked instantly. Anais enjoyed her newfound freedom, but it never occured through all the fun they were having to get a divorce.

Until she had met Jake. Jake was near perfect. He treated Anais like a queen; listened to her, was there for her, etc. He made her feel wanted. Loved. Something Dan failed to do once they got married. Eventually Jake proposed. And that was the only reason Anais was overcoming her fear and facing Dan for the first time in nearly a year.

"Hey, the sooner we do this the sooner you can marry Jake and make babies." Brighton said, clapping her hands together. Anais smiled, still not able to shake the uneasy feeling in her stomach.
♠ ♠ ♠
Katy and I are soooo excited for this.
We've got big plans.

Please comment and subscribe.