Status: Updated Every So Often

Always Had Your Way

Three.

Dan and Josh walked up the walk way to the house where they currently lived, Dan was in his usual throw whatever you got at me attitude, he had since his wife of two months and girlfriend of two years left him.

Walking into the house Dan was hit by a major surprise, suitcases were sat next to his wife’s old rocking chair, the old window was opened and the house smelled of some sort of expensive perfume. Josh closed his eyes tightly as he waited for Dan’s reaction but that never came, no Josh was met by complete silence.

Josh knew his baby sister Anais, who just so happened to be the wife of his best friend Dan Flint had come back to visit amongst doing some other things that she had said needed to be done. He wasn’t completely sure what those other things were but part of him knew deep down he didn’t want to know.

Avoiding the conflict that was for sure to start any second, Josh followed after Dan, as they made their way down the hall of the house. Josh stopped at his bedroom, as he watched Dan from afar make his way to his room. Sighing he turned away closing his eyes tightly he walked straight into his room, only to be hit by the strong scent perfume he had first smelled.

Josh’s eyes practically popped out of his sockets when his eye’s meet a red head gal, lying in his bed in a Juicy Couture shirt and underwear. Her pants and a skateboard he had never seen before laid out on the floor with a white leather jacket that he had defiantly never seen before, backing out of his room silently as possible.

Dan stood at the end of his bed that he had once shared with Anais, who just happened to be lying down in it. Clearing his throat he had a sudden furry raging inside of him, as Anais’s soft blue eyes meet his. Quickly jumping out of bed Anias straightened her top, and gave a harsh glare towards Dan, who gave it right back.

“Make yourself at home Anais?” Dan walked around the room opening up the closet as Anais, put all her weight on her left leg.

“Last time I check Flint my name was on the mortgage, and I’ve sent Josh six hundred a month to put towards it.” Snorting Dan, started to pull clothing out of the closet throwing it
behind him, Anais recognized it as hers.

Worry shook through Anais’s body as she started to run around the room picking up her clothing that she hadn’t worn in a long time, so long she had lost count of days after the sixty-third day. She wanted to cry but she wasn’t going to no, Anais was going to stand her ground.

“Why are you suddenly back Anais, you’ve been gone for 16 months, 16 long torturous months, and last time I checked you were Mrs. Flint, wives don’t leave their husbands Anais with no letter or without at least a phone call. Do you have any idea what you put me through exactly?” Dan was now yelling at Anais, which had only happened on rare occasions, it was usually Anais yelling at Dan.

Anais was fuming now; her anger was rising to the tippy top of her mind. If you knew Anais you knew no one was allowed to yell at her, not even her own mother because she would find some way to retaliate. Josh had taken the yelling as his cue to walk right on and get in the middle to protect both his baby sister and his best friend.

Walking straight up to his baby sister Josh punched her right in the arm causing her to cuss under her breath and return the favor he had just given her. Anais had a hard punch so when Josh cussed loudly and held onto his arm.

“Who is the girl in my bed?” Josh asked his sister as he laid down on the bed, Dan glared at Josh because he had just interrupted a very important conversation, well more like fight, but that didn’t matter at that point in time, Josh wanted to know who the beautiful creature was that was laying in his very bed.

“That is my client Brighten Stone, she is taken Josh, I know poor baby.” Anais patted her brother’s cheek as said Brighten made her way into the room. The fighting that had been going on between Dan and Anais had woken her from her UN easy slumber.

“Who’s taken Anais?” Anais smiled over at her best friend, that was a girl because everyone knew that Max Heyler was Anais’s best friend and had been for a very long time. Dan just looked over at the girl, no question about it she was beautiful, but she had nothing on Anais in his eyes.

Awkward silence took over the room as everyone stared at one another. Josh looked at his best friend who stared at his wife, who stared at her so called husband, while Brightens gaze went from her best friend to the husband of her best friend.

“So Anais answer my question, why are you here, why did you suddenly decide to come home?” Anais sighed as she glared at her husband, she started to stomp her way out of the bedroom with Dan hot on her heels, as her face started to turn dark red.

Josh stared intently at Brighten as she bit her lip, turning around slowly she started to walk down the hall so she could make sure nothing bad could happen, after all her imagination was going wild at the thoughts that could happen between the two.

Groaning Josh jumped out of the bed running down the hall just in time to watch his sister pull a file out of her Juicy Couture suitcase that obviously had to have come from someone outside of the family because no one in this family could afford anything by Juicy.

Dan’s eyebrows furred together as he watched his wife closely as her shaking hands handed the vanilla folder to him. Roughly taking the folder out of her hands he opened it, he had been expecting it to be some cosmetology license or something big that would change their lives, but when he saw what exactly it was he didn’t expect it would change his life like this
♠ ♠ ♠
So we have 9 readers, 2 subscribers, and 3 comments. Can you guys help us get more readers, commenters and subscribers? That would be amazing if you could. I would love to thank Alice for subscribing and commenting you are amazing. Again thank you Charlie for the comment. Love your new layout by the way.

Questions: What do you think Dan is going to do when he finds out what in the folder? What does Brighten think of Dan and Josh? What has been your favorite part so far, and favorite line?

Thanks,
Katy K