Status: Comments make me update more!!!

Crossroads

One

Lucy Hall tied her black and white bandana around her head, and grabbed her bags. She tossed her house keys on the counter of her mom’s house. Of course she loved her mom but she couldn’t stay here, not with her mom’s lover, Eric, also living there. He made everything unbearable for her at home. The only one she was going to miss was her five year old half brother Jacob. He was almost identical to Lucinda he only looked a bit like Eric.

She quietly opened the door to her mom’s room and ignored the lazy asshole that was sharing a bed with her. A soft sigh escaped her lips as she stared down at her mom.

“I love you, mom.” She whispered softly before placing a small kiss on her forehead.

Eric snored then rolled over pulling her mom closer into his arms. Lucinda rolled her eyes and lifted her middle finger up at him, silently telling him to go fuck himself. Lucinda tiptoed out of the room and walked into Jacob’s room as she silently walked across the floor to his bed she stepped on a toy that made a noise.

“Shit.” She whispered.

Jacob sat up and rubbed at his eyes, “Lucy?”

“Hey, Jake.”

He looked up at her with questioning eyes as she sat down on the edge of her bed, “What are you doing?”

“I’m leaving buddy.” She whispered, combing his hair with his fingers.

He pouted, “Why?”

“I gotta go buddy, I promise I’ll come back someday though. Okay? I’ll write to you, and mommy.”

Jacob’s eyes filled up with tears, he flung his arms around his older sister and sniffled, “I don’t want you to leave.”

She quickly shushed him, “Shhh, it’s going to be find Jake. It will all be fine. I’ll call in a few days, okay just be sure that you answer the phone. Okay?”

He sniffled and nodded, “Okays.”

“I love you.” She whispered into his hair.

He smiled, “I love you too, Lucy.”

“I gotta go now though, I’ll see you later bud.” Lucinda stood up but Jacob grabbed her arm, stopping her from moving to far away.

He hoped out of bed and reached under his bed pulling out a picture, “Take this with you. I made it yesterday for you.”

Lucinda stared down at the picture in her hands with a smile on her face. There was a drawing of her in the sky with lot of diamonds in the sky around her with clouds.

“Lucy in the sky with diamonds.” Jacob smiled.

Lucinda pulled him up into her arms, “I love it bud. I’ll take it with me everywhere.”

“Promise.”

“I promise.” She smiled and tucked him back into bed.

Carefully she took off her necklace and put it around his neck, “Here, now you can have a little piece of me.”

Jacob smiled and hugged her again, “I love you.”

“I love you too, but you gotta go to sleep okay?”

He nodded and let Lucinda give him a small kiss on his forehead before making sure he was tucked in again. She made her way towards the door and turned back around when she was at the door to wave goodbye but Jacob’s eyes were already shut.

Lucinda smiled and whispered, “goodbye.”

She looked over herself
in the mirror before slinging her backpack onto her shoulder and walking out the front door. It was only around midnight so she had time to get to the train tracks and see if she could hop a train. Tonight she was getting out of this town and hopefully never turning back, hoping to be lost forever.