Status: Comments make me update more!!!

Crossroads

Two

Lucinda was walking along the train tracks, somewhere near Arizona. She had fallen asleep in on the train next to some large boxes and when she finally woke up the conductor of the train kicked her off telling her how lucky she was that he wasn’t going to call the cops on her.

Up ahead she could see a building with a large restaurant sign. Her stomach let out a horribly large growl. Carefully Lucinda reached into her pocket and pulled out her wallet, reaching inside he found over 200 dollars which she had taken out of her bank account. Quickly she raced inside of the small restaurant and sat at the counter. A waitress walked over to her and opened her mouth to speak but Lucinda cut her off.

“Can I get a Dr. Pepper, and a bacon cheese burger?”

The waitress nodded, “Sure can sweetheart.”

“Thanks, um on the burger can I get ketchup and pickles only?”

“Will do.”

In only a few short minutes the waitress came back and set the food down in front of her.

“Thank you.” Lucinda smiled before digging into her food.

The waitress nodded then left the bill for her to pay when she was done eating. After a few minutes of sitting by herself she heard a few male voices from the table not to far away.

“Go talk to her.” One of the men spoke.

Another voice spoke, “Alright, jeeze.”

As she sipped on her Dr. Pepper a tall and handsome man with dimples and stunning hazel eyes took a seat next to her, “You come here often?”

She rolled her eyes and shook her head, “Nope.”

Lucinda stood up and pulled out her wallet to pay the bill but the man set down the money and smiled, “It’s on me sweetheart.”

“Thanks.” Lucinda smiled before shoving her wallet back into her pocket and standing up to walk out but before she got out too far the same guy stopped her.

“Hey wait up.” He grabbed her arm.

Lucinda spun around on her heel, “What?”

“Would you like to come to a bar down the street with me and my friends?” He questioned with a small smile.

“Sorry I can’t I have to be getting home.” She lied and quickly walked off before he could stop her.

After a few miles of walking she realized that it was getting very cold outside. Sighing, Lucinda turned around and walked back to the town she was in before hand. Thinking of the guy that had bought her lunch for her, she walked down one of the main streets of the town in search of the bar he was in.

Before she was able to walk into the nearest bar someone grabbed her by her backpack and pulled her into the alley next to the bar, holding a gun to her temple, “Give me the bag and I wont hurt you.”

Lucinda shook her head, “Here take it just don’t hurt me.”

He gladly took the bag but kept the gun at her head, “Give me all your money.”

Lucinda shakily pulled out her wallet, quickly he grabbed for it but she refused to let it go.

“Fucking let go of it before I paint the walls with your brain.” He growled.

Tears spilt out of Lucinda’s eyes, “Please just let me get a picture out of it.”

She shakily pulled out the picture that Jacob had drawn her and held it close. He chuckled darkly and delivered a swift punch to her stomach and then smashed his fist against her head causing it to slam back against the brick wall.

“Maybe you should have stayed home with mommy and daddy.” He laughed before jogging out of the alley after slapping her in the face with the barrel of his gun.

Lucinda’s nose and mouth were both bleeding sending blood all down the front of her face and shirt. She coughed and sobbed, leaning back against the brick wall. Lucinda was in too much pain to move, every time she tried it felt like someone was punching her again.

“Hello?” A voice spoke.

Lucinda sighed and croaked out, “Help.”

“Where are you?” The voice of the guy from earlier spoke.

Warm tears spilled down her cheeks and she sobbed a bit more, “Here, I’m right here.”

In a matter of minutes the hazel eyed man from earlier was standing in front of her with a guy wearing a fedora.

“I think she’s just drunk.” The guy in the fedora shook his head not able to see all the rips in her clothing from behind shoved and hit, the blood that was slowly drying, and the tears running down her face.

“Hold on.” Hazel eyes said, pulling out his phone and turning the light on her.

Both of the guys gasped and hazel eyes quickly kneeled down in front of her, handing his phone to his friend to hold onto.

“Can you move?” He asked when he realized it was the girl from earlier.

Lucinda shook her head no as best as she could. Hazel eyes carefully slipped his hands under her so he could lift her up. She whimpered in pain as he carried her out of the alley with his friend walking right behind him.

“Take her to the hospital, I’ll go tell the guys.” Fedora said before running into the bar.

Hazel eyes walked quickly to the car he had rented earlier, trying to be careful not to shake her too much.

“I’m Matt.” He said buckling her in before climbing into the drivers seat.

She was slipping in and out of consciousness, her mind was in a blur and the last thing she said before she passed out was, “Lucy in the sky with diamonds.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing!!!
Yes I changed it from Jimmy to Matt, sorry for the change I just thought it fit better.