I'd Do it All Again For You

My Favorite Mistake

"What do you mean you can't wear this bikini! Half of this video is you girls in bathing suits!" Larry yelled with the costume designer agreeing behind him.

"It just doesn't fit me, you don't have to scream," I said looking down.

"That never stopped us, go try this one on," the costume designer said throwing another bikini at me. Dammit, this just wasn't gonna work! I took the bathing suit and walked towards the changing rooms with Hanna following me.

"What are you gona do now?" Hanna asked wispering to make sure no one could hear us.

"I'll go right back out, and say I can't wear this one either, then pull out the bloat story," I said.

"Alright, let's go then!" Hanna said, opening the door for me.

I stepped into the room, and asked Larry if I could talk to him in private. This was going to be really embarassing, well not as much as if Patrick found out... but telling a man you barely know you're gonna have your period and that's why you look fat is pretty damn embarassing.

"Well you know Larry, some girls get really bloated when they're about to have their period... and I happen to be one of those, I know you wanted girls at the top of their shape for the video, but this just doesn't look right, it's bad timming..." I said crossing my fingers, hoping he would buy it.

"Hmm, yeah, ok... Go put on either one of the bikinis we gave you before and come show me, I'll see, cause there's no way we can postpone shoothing this so we'll see how we can work with this."

I did what he said, I put on a bikini and went back to see him.

"Oh," is the only thing Larry was able to say. This wasn't good. "We'll shoot you only from the front, with the lighting it won't show at all, there's nothing to worry, and there were a couple of scenes where you were supposed to be sitting by the pool, so we'll just have you in the water up to the waist. We'll work with it," he said almost trying to reassure me, enough to make me doubt he acutally bought my story.

"Thanks, I really appreciate it... but I don't want the guys to see me like that either..." I said looking down.

"Ok listen girl, I'm bending the script for you, we've flown you here for this video and we can fly you back home too! It shouldn't be too hard to find two other aspiring starlets who'd be willing to put on a bikini for a couple bucks!" He nearly yelled, visibly irritated.

I felt tears forming in the corner of my eyes. "It's ok Larry, I understand... I'll do it." It was the chance of a lifetime, I couldn't let it slip. Fall Out Boy had asked for Hanna and I, I had to do it.

***

An hour later, everyone stepped on set. Hanna and I both had bath robes on, the boys were dressed casually, this wasn't fair.

"Let's do this," I wispered to Hanna, as we both dropped our bath robes simultaneously. I felt as if all the crew member's eyes were set on us.

"They're all starring at my stomach!" I wispered in Hanna's ear, ready to die.

"It's gonna be fine! Let's kill this!" She said grabbing my arm and puling me towards the set where all the cameras were aimed, and where the band was already waiting.

"You ladies look fine!" Pete said with a grin across his face.

The day went by easier than expected, I think everyone was too scared or too polite to ask about my bump. We finished everything that was on schedule.

As I was getting changed in my dressing room and ready to go back to our hotel there was a knock on the door.

"Come in!" I said, thinking it was Hanna, turns out it wasn't.

"Hey, Talia," Patrick said sofly as he walked it and closed the door behind him. Great.

"What do you want?" I asked bitterly, he wasn't really on the list of people I wanted to see.

"Uhm... I was wondering... if perhaps you were free tonight?" He said looking down.

"If I am what?" I asked, not totally realizing what he has just asked.

"Want to go out for dinner?" He asked, shrugging his shoulders, and smilling.

"I...uhh...yeah, sure?" What did I just say? I didn't... yes I did.

"Great!" He said with a huge smile. "Unless you have to go back to the hotel, I'll get a cab to pick us up in 15 minutes, is that alright?"

"Yeah, that's great. I just have to go talk to Hanna for five minutes, I'll meet you in front of the studio."

As soon as Patrick left, I ran to Hanna's dressing room.

"Hanna! I just made the second biggest mistake of my life!" I yelled walking into the room.

"How could you even come close the first one?" She asked laughing.

"Patrick asked me out to dinner and I said yes!"

"No!" She said as her jaw dropped to the floor.

"Yeah... he's waiting in front of the studio right now," I sighed.

"Talia, you're on your own tonight, you keep digging your hole deeper and deeper, I can't help you anymore," she said dying of laughter as I headed out.

"If he dares to ask about the bump I kill him," I said as I closed the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
that was a bit long, a lot going on!

comments are love
xoxo