Status: Co-written.

Next to You

Chapter Two

Ryan’s P.O.V

I was sitting in Justin’s living room in L.A. We were just quietly talking and laughing while playing Knuckles when Scooter and Justin’s mum walked in the room with two big cardboard boxes.

Justin and I exchanged glances, “What are they?” asked Justin.

His mum didn’t answer, instead she placed one of the boxes on the table and Scooter placed the other one next to it. I sat up a little and looked inside. They were filled with tapes - lot's of them.

“Justin and Ryan,” said Scooter. “You were the two that made the back up singer and the dancer quit, so you are going to find new ones."

Justin looked at me and smirked, “Are they girls?” he asked.

Pattie glared at Justin and threw a pillow at him. “Justin you have a girlfriend,” snapped his mother.

Justin was in a one month relationship with Selena Gomez - she likes him… I think. Justin and I have a theory that she is just using him for more fame. She always tags along to the celebrity parties and talks to the producers that Justin knows.

I even busted her trying to convince Usher to help her out.

Justin just likes making out with her. Well... That's what he told me.

“So what are we doing with these tapes?” I asked, trying my hardest to sound excited about doing something with them.

Scooter and Pattie looked at each other and nodded. “You two are going to spend the rest of the day or however long it takes to find the next back up singer and dancer," Scooter said.

Justin and glanced at each other. I watched Justin's eyes fill with disappointment. We both knew this day was going to be boring. Watching girls attempt to dance and sing - silently wishing they could wasn't our cup of tea.

“Well the quicker you start the quicker you finish,” Pattie said. She grabbed a tape and threw it at Justin's face. He caught the tape in his hands, studied it and then put it into the VCR.

Bring on the terrible auditions.

* * *

I was leaning against the arm of the sofa waiting for Justin to change the tape over. Nearly every second girl sang Baby or My Heart Will Go On. Let me tell you, both of those songs were now ruined for me because of their tone deaf voices.

And the dancers? None of them had any rhythm. I swear I stopped paying attention 30 minutes ago.

But suddenly, they got my full attention once again when I heard a voice that was absolutely perfect. She had long brown hair, green eyes and looked about our age. Her magical voice was singing If I Ain't Got You by Alicia Keys.

"Wow," I whispered. "She is the new singer."

I turned to Justin as he nodded with agreement. "She is fucking hot too," Justin winked.

"Dude, you have a girlfriend," I said, hitting him on the arm softly.

Justin smirked and let out a laugh. "But it's okay for me to window shop."

I laughed and grabbed another tape out of the box. Thankfully we didn't have to watch any more dancers. This Nicole chick had got the part and she was absolutely perfect. And like Justin said, she was hot so tour was going to be more fun.

The tape started to play and a girl stepped up with brown hair. Again, she looked about our age and she was gorgeous. I dived for the remote and stopped the video befor ewe could see anything else.

"I don't care if she is a shit dancer, I want her on tour," I snapped.

Justin laughed and grabbed a piece of paper writing down names. "Fine, calm down man."

After 10 minutes of imagining what could happen on this lovely world tour, Pattie and Scooter walked into the living room. "So, have you picked anyone?" Scooter asked.

Justin and I glanced at each other with a devilish smirk. "We picked the best ones," I said. Justin smirked, turning away while covering his face with his hand so Pattie didn't see his expression, and I began to talk, telling them of our decision.

* * *

Nicole’s P.O.V

Jess and I were lying around watching Oprah, laughing at the things she was saying and the way the audience was reacting.

“I can’t believe they are crying over candles,” Jess laughed. She reached for the remote to switch the channel over, but I snatched it out of her hands quickly.

"No I like Oprah,” I said, placing the remote next to me.

Jess groaned and rolled over, laying on her back. She covered her face with a cushion and started to scream to herself. "I am so sick of this torture."

I laughed and turned off the TV. “I am going to start dinner,” I said. I heaved myself off the sofa and walked into the kitchen, just a mere 2 metres away.

"Okay Jess, I think we're going to have to get McDonald's again.. There is nothing in the fridge," I said. Jess walked into the kitchen, but before she could reply I heard my mobile ring.

I pulled it out of my pocket quickly, putting the receiver to my ear, “Hello?”

Hello Nicole Styles? This is Scooter Braun."

Oh my God.
♠ ♠ ♠
SORRY THAT IT TOOK LIKE 4 MONTHS FOR THIS. I HAD NO IDEA WHAT TO WRITE.
Also sorry, it sucks.

Now Nicole won't let you wait so long so it will be updated soon.
Thanks for reading :) x