Status: Don't be a silent reader! Please Leave A Comment!!

Lust for Life

One Busy Place

I was stood at the back of the Great Hall. I didn’t want to be near Harry or the others.

I can’t be near them.

I don’t belong in this world.

“Today, we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was, as you all know exceptionally hard-working infinitely fair-minded and, most importantly a fierce, fierce friend. Now, I think, therefore, you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort! The Ministry of Magic does not wish me to tell you this. But not to do so, I think, would be an insult to his memory. Now, the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me and reminds us that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events the bonds of friendship we’ve made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that, and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain. You remember that and we’ll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest, brave and true, right to the very end.” Dumbledore spoke words of truth, and words of the heart, as tears slowly fell down my face.

I walked out alone.

* * *


Everybody was saying goodbye to each other as I stood at the side.

Harry walked over to me, I stepped away from him and meant to walk off. But Harry grabbed my hand.

“You’ve been avoiding us since what happened… what’s wrong?” Harry asked, I looked at him,
“Isn’t it obvious?” I asked keeping quiet, “I was so close to killing you the other night its untrue…” I snapped and glared at Harry, “We can’t stay friends, we just can’t… I’m not good for anybody. What if something like that happens again? What if it happened and someone wasn’t there to stop it? I can’t control my darker side, it’s better we don’t stay friends.” I explained, Harry just stared at me.

All of the Beauxbaton’s girls left along with the Durmstrang boys.

Ron and Hermione found us a few seconds later just staring at each other.

“What’s wrong?” Ron asked,
“I’m no longer your friend,” I spoke, Ron and Hermione looked at each other confused then looked at Harry for an answer.

I walked passed Harry.

“Mei.” Harry called I stopped and looked back at them. “We knew what could happen if we did end up having an accident, we talked about it when you weren’t around after we found out about your secret. And we all came to one conclusion.” Harry called I shrugged not knowing what he was on about.

“We said, ‘Mei is strong enough to hold herself back,’ and the other night you did, you stopped yourself and walked away. That is being in control.” Harry explained, I looked down and closed my eyes.

Those three were never ever going to give up on me.

I heard footsteps walk towards me as I looked up.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione were standing in front of me with smiles on their faces as I had tears in my eyes.

“You’re a bunch of idiots… you know that?” I asked with a small laugh,
“But we’re your friends,” Ron smiled, I returned the smile and nodded,
“That you are. And amazing friends you are.” I spoke as I started to cry, Hermione hugged me as Harry held my hand, I held onto Hermione’s hand as we walked through.

“Do you think we’ll ever just have a quiet year at Hogwarts?” Ron asked,
“No.” Hermione, Harry and myself replied with a chuckle,
“No, I didn’t think so. Oh, well. What’s life without a few dragons?” Ron spoke as Harry and Ron walked ahead.

“Everything’s going to change now, isn’t it?” Hermione stopped, Harry looked back at us,
“Yes.” Harry nodded.

“Promise you’ll write this summer. All of you.” Hermione spoke, nodding towards Ron mainly,
“I won’t. You know I won’t.” Hermione spoke,
“Harry will, won’t you?” Hermione smiled,
“Yeah. Every week.” Harry joked,
“Oh, leave the jokers Hermione, you know I will definitely.” I smiled as we linked arms.

We stopped at the balcony to see the horses and carrige fly high in the sky.

“Why is Hogwarts always one busy place?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ta da.

Third story over with.
Comments will be appriciated and loved dearly :-)

Once again, Thank you.

Mei;