Status: Don't be a silent reader! Please Leave A Comment!!

Lust for Life

Triwizard Tournament

As we arrived to Hogwarts, so did some other people.

A huge carriage with horses flying landed on the field below,
“Well, there’s something you don’t see every day.” George spoke.

Then a huge ship appeared from under the water, as we were hurried to get ready for the first day feast.

“Well, now we’re all settled in and sorted, I’d like to make an announcement.” Dumbledore started, the Great Hall doors opened and Filch ran… well I should say hobbled as fast as he could to the front of the room, “This castle will not only be your home this year but home to some very special guests as well. You see, Hogwarts has been chosen…” Dumbledore stopped when Filch reached him, they muttered for about a minute the Filch went hobbling all the way back.

“So Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event: The Triwizard Tournament. For those of you who do not know the Triwizard Tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school, a single student is selected to compete. Now let me be clear. If chosen, you stand alone. And trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint-hearted. But more of that later. For now, please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and their headmistress, Madame Maxime.” Dumbledore spoke as the Great Hall doors opened reveiling a lot of girls wearing blue dresses and hats.

They all skipped forward, and made a little performance as they reached the front.

All the boys went wild, Hermione and myself looked at each other, my right eyebrow was raised pretty high.

“And now out friends from the north. Please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and their high master, Igor Karkaroff.” Dumbledore yelled.

The door opened again and a lot of very hunky men walked in banging sticks on the floor doing more tricks. They ran to the front and did more tricks, a few minutes later 3 more men walked in, one being Viktor Krum.

“Blimey! It’s him. Viktor Krum!” Ron spoke as he walked past.

We all sat talking to each other about the schools that joined us.

“I hope you don’t mind me saying but the boys from Durmstrang look pretty hot,” I bit my lip, Hermione laughed,
“I don’t think I’ve ever heard you talk about a boy like that before, let alone a group of them,” Hermione spoke,
“Well my mum has been going on to me about boys recently… starting to do my head in but I can’t help thinking that they are good looking,” I spoke,
“We get it ok,” Harry snapped,
“Sorry…” I apologized, “Well come on, you guys have got to admit you were looking at those girls arse more then their faces.” I smirked, Hermione laughed once more,
“They are good looking,” Ron admitted, Harry didn’t say anything as we saw something new going on at the front.

“Your attention, please!” Dumbledore walked forward, “I’d like to say a few words.” Dumbledore placed his hand on the golden stand in the middle of the front floor.

“Eternal glory. That is what awaits the student who wins the Triwizard Tournament. But to do this, that student must survive three tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks. For this reason, the Ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain all this we have the head of the Department of International Magical Cooperation Mr. Bartemius Crouch.” Dumbledore explained.

The sky thundered above us and lightning shot across the sky, everybody screamed as it started raining. A flash of light flew into the air and the rain stopped quickly.

“Bloody hell. It’s Mad-Eye Moody.” Ron spoke,
“Alastor Moody? The Auror?” Hermione asked,
“Auror?” Dean asked,
“Dark-wizard catcher. Half the cells in Azkaban are filled thanks to him. He’s supposed to be mad as a hatter, though, these days.” Ron explained as Moody walked down the stairs and met Dumbledore. Moody walked to the side and then taken a quick hidden drink.

“What’s that he’s drinking, do you suppose?” Seamus asked,
“I don’t know, but I don’t think it’s pumpkin juice.” Harry spoke as Moody quivered,
“Maybe alcohol.” I suggested.

Crouch stood in front of the golden stand,
“After due consideration the Ministry has concluded that, for their own safety no student under the age of 17 shall be allowed to put forth their name for the Triwizard Tournament. This decision is final.” Crouch spoke,
“Wow… those tasks must be really dangerous then,” I spoke, everybody started complaining and whining as I rested my chin on the palm of my hand.

“Silence!” Dumbledore yelled and then revealed the stone goblet. Which created a blue flame.

“The Goblet of Fire. Anyone wishing to submit themselves to the tournament need only write their name upon a piece of parchment and throw it in the flame before this hour on Thursday night. Do not do so lightly. If chosen, there’s no turning back. As from this moment, the Triwizard Tournament has begun.” Dumbledore explained.